Options

The Long Green Tape Measure......

Comments

• Options

Keeny - from your pics at last weekend's race, I'm guessing you must be very tall to be the weight/size you say you are!  You look really slim image

RLTW - LOL @ your sizing - dread to think what mine would say, though have decided today I will report on total weight and centimetres lost at the end of July (i.e. 2 months after marathon) as judging by current data, I should be pretty chuffed image

• Options

YEti i am 5ft 9, my doc says i will never be a light weight as even at my current weight he does not think i need to lose much more but as i am still classed as obese i want to lose at least 2st and see how i go from there!

GL with the reporting Yeti!image

• Options

I wouldn't mind but some of them refer to a size 14 as being Large - Where do they get that from? 

I would have said 10-12 was small,  14-16 medium.

I suppose it's tricky as the current styles of clothing tends to be rather more clingy than I would like.  I generally go for a larger size just to get some slack!

Keeny, You are tall but at least you seem to be realistic about what you can achieve. 

Yeti - We will look forward to your 2 month post mara stats!

• Options

Afternoon everyone, managed to avoid the Fat Fighters Cringemathon today (well, weighed in, then scarpered - "end of term present buying" was my excuseimage).

I'm tall too 5'10", so can "carry" the extra weightimage (ahem koff koff)

Anyhow, weighed in at 12st 1/2lb (although made it 11 13 3/4lbs on mine!), so another 3lb down this week.

That called for a  nice cup of tea with celebratory cake at John Lewis before embarking on shopping spree......

In my yoof - 14 was normal, 12 was small and 10 was teeny tiny and, being tall, the smallest I could ever fit into was 14ish, the 10/12's being too short in legs, arms etc.  And - another big moan - why, if you can get trousers/skirts in longer length - why, why, why don't they make blouses/jumpers/jackets/coats etc with longer armsimage.  If we 've got long legs, we've got long arms tooimage.  The number of times that I have to go up sizes just to get the arms long enough.  Long Tall Sally is not my taste and pretty expensive, so there's very little choiceimage

Whoops, didn't realise I'd got up on my soap boximage

• Options

CJBA - stay up on it if you like? image

Shall we have today designated as RANT Day?

Feel free to get on your soap box from now til Midnight.....

What's annoying you? What makes you want to screaaaaaaaaam? What REALLY gets your goat?

Tell us here.... image

• Options
    Hi

Can I gatecrash,just started running again after a break and need to lose about 10lbs - would appreciate any advice!

• Options

Of course you can struthie - welcome image

I'd suggest having a read through some of the earlier pages on this tread - there is quite a bit of advice there.

• Options
    Hiya thanks will do that - I should be an expert in losing weight as I lost 6 stone in the past but wasn't running in those days!
  • Options

Vixx - hope session went OK todayimage

Vixx76 wrote (see)

What's annoying you? What makes you want to screaaaaaaaaam? What REALLY gets your goat?

Don't get me started on my bankimageimageimageimageimage

Have money in one bank,  two accounts, (savings/current), move it around from one to other to pay bills.  They don't make any money out of me as I've no mortgage, pay all bills in full, on time, never take an overdraft (go without rather than borrow!), so they don't want me as a customerimage

Moved money last week to pay bill (as normal) only to get snotty letter "insufficient funds in a/c therefore payment rejected and WE'RE CHARGING YOU LOTS OF MONEY".  Turns out they've moved goal posts - but without saying so.  All transactions used to take place at start of business day ie 0900.  And if money was moved into the account, it would be credited first, then debits taken afterwards, so account would remain in black.

However, thanks to their change of tactics, while credits are still made at 0900, debits are now paid out at 1 min past midnight,  So, under normal circs, the funds would have been there for the payment to be made. However, because they had changed the system, even though the funds were there, waiting to be credited, they hadn't processed them, thus considered them "unavailable".  Consequently, they consider themselves able to charge me a hefty fee for non-payment of DDR plus interest etc etc etc.  Very clever.  

But also very shortsighted as I'm going in to the bank tomorrow to close all of my accounts as an "up yours".image

• Options

Lol CJBA...Banks are getting worse!

You must be nice and thin at 5ft 10 and and12 stone ish?? CJBA

Welcome Struthie

Vixx how did today go?

I have just bought a tent for 100 english pounds and on way home along coast road saw about 20 runners.......think me going to go real early in morning try for 3 miles hope my mojo is back i feel like packing everything in at moment Arrrggghhhhhhhhimage

• Options

Keeny, if mojo has gone, try doing something different with run - not sure what you normally do, but mix it around.

Are you the sort of person who is motivated by entering a race, (difficult I know over school holidays) or would that make you even less motivated?  Having a goal to aim for works for me, but I know that not everyone likes that kind of pressure.

Keeny wrote (see)

You must be nice and thin at 5ft 10 and and12 stone ish?? CJBA

I wish!!  Thanks, you can be my best friend for life with thatimage  Certainly don't feel it, more like dumpy, lumpy and frumpy at the moment (image they sound like something out of Snow White.........)

Welcome Struthie, I'm new on this thread, but they're a great bunch.  imageimageimage on 6st weight lossimage amazing!

• Options

It went ok today thank you image

Will be having fortnightly sessions I think.

Now I will have to work out how I can afford these sessions......

• Options

Hello all.

I am feeling podgy again and going on holiday in 12 days so need to take some drastic action and get my life back. So...I am sat here eating peanut butter on a bagel with butterimage

Glad the session went okay Vixx - sometimes I wonder if I need counselling but I over-analyse/ self-assess too much as it is and I reckon counselling would make me do that even more.

• Options
    evening blith, think i saw your mrs and daughter at the park yesterday (recognise her from FB pics) were you there ?
  • Options

No I wasn't there. I was at work, unsurprisingly, but yes that will have been her at Churchill with Little Miss Madam herself.

How are you SJ?

• Options

CJBA - you're not with Alliance & Leicester by any chance are you?  Had one of those exact same letters last week: "Dear Yeti. Thanks for the £500 you put in the bank today. However it was obviously a few seconds after the cheque you wrote for £25 therefore we are going to charge you £25 to make you see the error of your ways." Hurrumph. They can see the credit transaction is there, and if they really wanted to, could have 'borrowed' money from my savings a/c (as NatWest has done in the past rather than charge me) image

Also know how you feel about clothes. At 5'8 (and a half) I'm not short, but I'm not tall. Trousers need to be somewhere between regular and long, depending on the shop. My size is always '15' or '17' and tops are never long enough, nor shoulders broad enough. If I carry on losing weight I'll have a size 12 waist but the size 16 shoulders will stay with me!

Struthie - welcome! bienvenu! willkommen! image

Blith - was thinking about you earlier (in a concerned kinda way) - you said you're planning to get back into running on hols.. but wondered if it wouldn't be better to do it before you go on hols? I just know I wouldn't run on holiday and surely JFDI works best in some cases?

Vixx - hope you feel positive after the session?

Keeny- planning 3 miles myself in the morning, about 6am - care to (virtually) join me? Will check in afterwards to see if you made it.  Also, re. sports gear, although it's not always available in the shops, you can often get good kit in an 18 (which to me is more like a 16 anyway, lol) online. I got some size 16 Adidas baggy shorts last summer, which weren't particularly baggy, but wore them anyway, and this year found the same ones online in an 18.  Also got a New  Balance vest in pink & white (the most girly running kit I own, lol) which was an XL and is massive on me now - think it was www.sportsshoes.com - discounted prices too, and if you go through the www.topcashback.co.uk website, you get 10% cashback to boot!

Anyway, after all that, it's way past bedtime, so chances are maybe I won't be up for the morning run!

Night all image

• Options

oooh! Half an hour left of Rant time - what shall I choose to rant about?!?

Am hoping that bank isn't mine as they always said they debit last.  I get a text sent to my phone if my balance goes below  a set amount.  That usually gives me chance to do something about it before any other debits go out.  It wouldn't really work if they debit early morining.   Must check on that in case they have changed the rules.

I'm going to rant about the lack of Summer. Where the bl**ding h*ll has it gone ?  I don't want excessive heat, just fresh warm air and some sun with a very gentle breeze.  Last year seemed a bit like this year too. Every bloomin' day is different and swings from one extreme to the other.  . . . and cool evenings for running image Ta!

Vixx - Good to hear from you after your 'session'.  Hope it will give you something positive to work on.

BBsloth - I can't help feeling that peanut butter is not the best thing for you.  Try the WeightWatchers cheese spread in your bagel with some nice crisp lettuce - I love it image.  Don't go hungry - I never do. Just find really low fat stuff to fill up on.

Struthie - Well done on the 6 stone. You should be giving us tips ! Running will help tone you too.  Have you put more back on since that loss or did you manage to maintain it?

• Options
    I have got to change my avatar -  I look squashed! and I'm not quite as dumpy as it appears (almost, but not quite).  I think it went like that when I trimmed it in Paint!   I might do another one and stretch it the other way image
  • Options

CJBA-lol we are never truly happy with our size!image

I have only entered one race and have GNR coming up its think i am going to go out tonight see how i go am not going to give myslef a distance until i am out running......

Yeti- will check those stores out , i want some shorts just not sure if the wrold is ready to see me in anything above the knee!!image

Will report later to how i didimage

Vixx glad everything went ok image

BBsloth- Peanut butter and butter was that a typo??  2 tbsp PB a day is part of your eat healthy plate so not bad if you don't layer it on!image

Enjoy your day all xxx

• Options
    blith - im fine thanks, still not properly running as shin splints arent too good but other than that all is well. how are you ? running mojo still nowhere to be seen ? are you still cycling ?
  • Options
    Hi RLTW

I went form 15st 10 down to 9 st 10 - then back to 12 stone now I am 11 stone,would like to get back down to 10st 7 - so not a lot to lose but I'm always hungry!
  • Options

Struthie how tall are you??

Did it take you long to lose all that weight??

Been for my run only did a measley 2.5 mile mojo back a bit image

• Options
    I'm 5ft 6 - according to my BMI I'm just overweight.

it took about 18 months and have pretty much kept it off over the last 5 years heaviest I went to was 12 stone.

I'm off out for a run with hubby while son is at boxing club,hope to do 4 or 5 miles tonight.

Keeny - 2.5 miles is better than sitting on your bum,a lot of people can't run a mile so be proud!
  • Options

I know but i know  can do better just since doing my last 10k week ago i have found it hard going back outimage

I am 5ft 9 and in Jan of this year was 17st 4 and todate i am 14st 10 so i am getting there!

• Options
    I did my first 10k in over a year on Sunday,I'm lucky as hubby is a keen runner so pushes me to go.

You have done very well on the weight loss - well done!
  • Options

Keeny - no not a typo, deffo peanut butter spread on top of butter.

Just found out that our friend who has terminal cancer has diedimage..I just didn't know what to say to her OH...

• Options

{{{Bbsloth}}}} i know it will be a tough time.  Seems quite a while since you said you were off to visit them.  I'm sure she kept going for a reason.  Maybe so that she could have time with people she cared about.  I know it doesn't make it any easier, but at least they have had time to prepare for this.

Struthie - Really good going. You lost a big chunk there and you haven't really put too much back on, all things being relative!  11 is good.  Probably makes it harder to lose the smaller amounts though.

Keeny - once again that is 2.5 more miles than me image.  My last run was almost a week ago (5K race) and I have sat back and felt very smug about it and then done nowt. Missed my weekend LSR too.  Naughty, naught me.

• Options

Struthie -thanks my hubby runs but he is a whippet ........and there is no chance i would let him stay with me as it would hinder his running at my pace!

Thanks RLTW your always so positive and complimentaryimage I am sure you will get back on track soon you and Harrison!

Blith ~Hugs~ it's hard to know what to say if your close friends then OH will know you are there for him always.... 

• Options
    Bbsloth - so sorry to hear your news,its so sad,cancer is a wicked and cruel disease,my Uncle passed away last week from it,and although its a relief that they are now pain free it is still so sad.
    All you can do is be there for loved ones left behind.

Keeny - my hubby is a whippet too! But he goes and does his long and fast runs without me,he is happy to go with me and go slow,sometimes I think he is going backwards! There are also a few of us who go out on Wednesdays and he runs with the fast ones and I go with slow(er) ones!

We managed to do 2.5 miles last night,but my legs really weren't co-operating! Then it started raining which was nice at first,was so glad to get home and into the shower!

I'm aiming to have a good day food wise,trying to cut down on diet pepsi too,have been drinking stupid amounts everyday but am paying for it with a cracking headache!

Have a good day everyone - by the way any of you on facebook?
  • Options

Morning

Struthie.....even my hubby running at his slowest pace is no good as he ends up making me laugh at how stupid he looks trying to run slow!!

Wd i did 2.5 tooimage although was a very slow 29minsimage

I have never had fizzy pop since January lived on 2 cups of decaf tea and water feel much better tooimage

DD and i watched Marley and me she is 8 and i cried but she broke her heart bless...she adores all dogs x