Options

The Long Green Tape Measure......

Comments

• Options

You'll get there mr sj.  You've done so brilliantly in previous weeks that we can allow you a little glitch now and then image.

Well done Keeny image

Friday weigh in for me - Last week I was 9st 7lbs on the Thursday and then 9st 9lbs on the Friday.  My gut feeling is that the truer of the 2 weigh-ins was the Thursday one as I had been at that weight for several days - so measured against my Thursday weight of  9st 7lbs I have lost 2lbs this week image -

Now 9st 5lbs imageimageimage   That's a total weight loss of 1 stone 1 lb since 7th May imageimageimage

Inches lost since start of diet in May -

Waist - minus 3.5"
    Thigh - minus 1"
    Hips - minus 2" (finally shifted another inch!)
    Underneath bust  (didn't originally measure this bit but I noticed a big difference so I measured at end of May - minus 1.5"

Well chuffed - and it's all down to the support I'm getting on this thread.  Having Vixx's guidance and all the positive stuff from you guys has been great.  I think it really helps to be reporting back (good or not so good ) each week.  We can't be perfect every week and it's lovely  to be told that's ok.

• Options

Just a quickie -

Mr SJ - don't lose heart!! You've done really well, and the odd week won't hurt image

RLTW - BLOOMIN' WELL DONE YOU!!!!!! image

• Options

RLTW- fantastic.

Mad morning at home (Cub 1 poorly and I had to work today) so no chance to weigh in, but was the same yesterday as last week but still feeling positive as squeezed into trousers and a skirt I couldn't a while back and 5 lbs down overall. Better than nowt.

• Options

I am still +/- 0 image

I am still 14st 6.  I was 14st 4 yesterday - but it's weigh in day today and the scales know it. Grrrrrr.

However, comparing the photos of last year's City of Manchester 10k with this year's, the composition of my body has altered, so that makes me feel better.

Plus, as of yesterday I have been free from the day job for 2 years image

I miss it very much but I would never go back.

How is everyone else today?

Well done to Keeny and RLTW on your weight loss image

Well done to mr sj too.  I know you may have gained weight this week, but your well done is in recognition of the fact that you know what you are going to do about it - and that is what matters just as much as putting things into practice. image

Well done to Foxy for losing inches image

Well done to CJBA for being smiley imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

• Options

Morning

HOpe everyone has good running this weekend!!!

I am so nervous lol image

• Options

You will be GREAT Keeny image

Just relax - and don't forget to breathe......

• Options

I know....its the anticipationimage

Will be on here tomorrow if i can still breathe lol....with my update image

• Options

You will be - can't wait to hear all about it image

Did you get the e-mail I sent you?

• Options

Keeny - in case I don't get a chance to post again, will say "Good Luck" now! image

• Options
    Good Luck Keeny. Another lb down- yippee, all going the right way.
  • Options
    Well Done Foxy image
  • Options

Wd FOxy thanks Peeps!

Just realised got no safety pins how dippy am i!

Going to have my tea then a soak in tub then to bed up for 6 give mtime to digest my brekkie lol!

• Options

Quick post just before I turn in.  Have to be on a coach at 6.40 am to get to London for the British 10K London Run.  

Best wishes to Keeny for your run.  I'm sure you will do well.

Vixx - I hope things are sorting themselves out at your end.

• Options
    u 2 Rltw.............................GL x
  • Options
    Vixx...never got email when did you send??
  • Options

Sent it on Friday I think - or Thursday night.  Sent it to whichever e-mail you said you checked more regularly.

Well done for today x

• Options

Well done those who were running today.  I failed myself last night by having 2 glasses of wine, my 1 drink only rule post glastonbury didn't last too long!  That probably wouldn't have been so bad, but i also ate about 1/2 tub of Ben & Jerry's!!  Ooopsimage

Still plodded 7 miles just now to try and make up for it!

Hope everyone has had a good weekend.  x

• Options

Race went well. Could have been a pb except ended up running  6.4 miles with all the weaving around.  That took me to 1:06 which is still a season's best.  Full report on the GNR thread.   Post race food  - Pizza hut meat feast and now I'm eating flapjack!  Ah well, If I can't treat myself from time to time life would become just too hard image.

• Options

well done RLTW !!

have decied after another terrible weekend of over eating that from today i am going to keep a food diary and take note of everything im eating and maybe that way i will shock myself into being more sensible, going to make a real effort that between now and GNR i will be good and healthy and get back on track with the running and rowing and by september i will be 11.5 stone and super fit. and now ive told you all that i will  have to do it !!!! no hiding and no making crap excuses.

• Options

Keeny - how did you get on?

RLTW - good going image

Mr SJ - if you need us to nag/motivate/console/encourage you in any way, just let us know

busy weekend for me, but really pleased with weight (Sat & Sun both weighed at 12-2 - the lightest I've been, like.. ever!) and with comments from friends (one who's been in Canada for 6 months said "you're so skinny!"), and with being able to fit into a size 12 dress for the first time since primary school (think it's a generous cut, but it still said 12 on the label image )

• Options

Well done Yeti - sounds like people are beginning to notice your achievements. image

Mr sj - we are here to motivate you if you need us.....

RLTW - well done on the season's best - great result if you had been weaving in and out of slower people....

Hope everyone had a great weekend image

• Options
    Vixx - they certainly are image
  • Options
    Glad to hear it Yeti ;D
  • Options

Yeti....I did it in 1hr 12mins bit gutted as i had to use a portaloo with a bit of a que so thinks me might of knocked 5 mins of that time easy image But at least i have a PB to beat!

Vixx got email replied forgot had give you that email addy lol......had to copy and paste and send from other email addy as would not let me send!

• Options

Evening all, busy weekend, so sorry,  Keeny/RLTW, missed your races, but well done imageimageimage

Fat Fighters weigh in this morning, dreading it as disastrous week last week - lots of disruptions and stress at home, however, according to their scales, 5 1/2 lbs loss (so it must be true!).

Came back feeling much more positive, and hope to make it to 1/2 stone next week, so something to aim for!!

Well done to everyone else for loss/maintenance - let's hope we all have good week.

imageimage

• Options
    Well done CJBA image
  • Options

Yes, well done CJBA image

Was forced to eat Millionaires shortbread yesterday, though managed to restrict it to a 3rd of a slice image.  My friend, who is also on a diet, was desperate for a taster but didn't want to eat a whole slice and despite my protestations she insisted I share it with her so that SHE didn't get all the calories.

To make up for it I ate carrots for dinnerimage.  Asda have been selling packs of teeny carrots for £1.  They are lovely and sweet.  I'm eating them cooked lightly so I feel that I have had a proper dinner (well almost!)

Today could be tricky as it was Little Breeze's birthday yesterday but she was too full to eat birthday cake.  I think I may need to have a piece later today.  Well you can't refuse you own daughter's birthday cake can you? image

I have a 5K race tomorrow evening so that will help to balance it a bit.

• Options

Thanks folks for the kind commentsimage

RLTW - love the name "Little Breeze"

I've just treated myself to a juicer and make my own juices - just shove anything in that's festering in the fridge - tomatoes/carrot/apples/strawberries/raspberries/melon etc - I find it makes me feel quite full afterwards and, with the gluten problem, will, I hope, give me enough complex carbs to make up for those I can't eat.

I buy the cheapo bags in the supermarkets - their value bags - or the squashed stuff - doesn't matter, all gets squashed in the end and have some ready for when I come back in after a long run - banana and that keeps me going and stops me eating other things I shouldn't!

image for tomorrow, RLTW

• Options

Thanks CJBA.

Rather quiet on here.

Hope everyone is ok.

Had a piece of birthday cake. Yummy!  Also had a small piece of pizza at the school play - Well the kids served it to us during the interval so I could hardly turn it down!

OH commented for the very first time that my diet was clearly working ! Not sure whether to thank him or hit him for not noticing before!