Options

Skinny or thin?

Comments

• Options

(Sorry to reactivate the old account in order to comment)

KM, you do seem very light for your height, but I'm not a doctor and I know little about healthy bodies. However I would say two things, if you don't mind. 

If you really do want to beat people in races, rather than just clock fast times when alone, you will need a sprint finish. I'm 5'10" and a little under 11 stone - this makes me a bit heavy compared to some distance runners, but the muscle really does come in handy in the last 200m. Without trying to boast, you can count the number of people who have out-sprinted me in races on 1 hand. In your scenario, seemingly with far less muscle, you will really struggle to up the pace late in the race.

Also, again without meaning to boast, my estimate time for a half-marathon (predicted from 800m/1500m/5K/10K times) is between 1:20 and 1:22. This implies that even with my heavier, more muscular build, we would still be very close in a race, meaning your lightness is not giving as much of an advantage as you might like.

• Options
    Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

That pic just takes this thread to even more disturbing levels.

Before then there was always the chance that despite 6ft 3 9 stone or whatever that it somehow worked for the guy in a unique to usual logic kind of way...but when your ribs are that visible and sticking out...that's just dangerous.

you need to sort this out me laddo

• Options
    Pethead wrote (see)

I'm 5'10" and a little under 11 stone....

...even with my heavier, more muscular build...

......Please! LOL
  • Options

Killermiles,

Just read this thread and was forming my own opinions. I wish you well and hope you are still in good health and I, as others, mean what I have to say with concern for your wellbeing as I do not think you are in good health at the moment even though you may think you are.

The Divine Sossidge's post mirrors my opinions (though I was never fully anorexic but got quite close many years ago) and I urge you to read it seriously. It is an excellent post and I could not put things better. I think the second paragraph is spot on and I hope others do not mind me suggesting that it may be best  not to post opinions on his weight / pic any more.

I don't think that this thread has anything to do with running times at all. I think the posts, unclear information on running speed / times, excessive exercise and lack of food are clear evidence that this is being used by you to motivate further weight loss.

You will no doubt reason with yourself that this is not the case - but that is what anoexics do as well as lie and decieve themselves and others constantly. Not because they are bad people but because it is a horrible, horrible illness and nothing is allowed to get in the way of weight loss.

I hope you get the help you need - if you still think you do not need any help - print this thread and show it to your Doctor and then ask for their opinion.

Hope I have not offended but I really think you need to act now before things get worse.

• Options
    Lardarse wrote (see)
    Pethead wrote (see)

I'm 5'10" and a little under 11 stone....

...even with my heavier, more muscular build...

......Please! LOL
    OK, badly written, but compared to the average club (long-distance) runner I'm not slim!
  • Options

Bit late to this thread but anyway...

Killermiles: in my honest opinion you look like a concentration camp victim.

Please get help.

• Options

Hmm.

KM has now changed his profile (removed name) so that he can't be stalked on athleticsdata to find out if he is actually running the times he says he is.

Still finding it hard to know what to believe about his posts ... presumably not dipped under 32 for 10000 yet?!

• Options
    You're an Idiot. Goodbye.image
  • Options
    Goodbye? I'm not going anywhere in particular.
  • Options

Its been a while, but my parents have got worried recently. They saw me run a local cross country, but I've not been eating much and my weight has really dropped off. My running hasn't suffered, and my club runners seem I'm getting too thin, but praised my determination. I reckon I'm only having 800 cals per day and running usually 6-10 miles per day, but now its winter, dropped to just an evening run. Some people here think I'm kidding, but here is the latest pic:

p.s. I'm not that white, but the flash makes it worse...

http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt282/planedude_photo/o113131200.jpg

• Options
    If you carry on only eating 800 calories a day and training as you are you will probably die in the next 12 months.  I'm not kidding.
  • Options

please seek some help KM. Your running may not have suffered(yet) but it seems that somewhere you are and felt need to say how little you eat and show all here such pics.

i want to say "take care" but that is what i would like. You want something different it seems.

hope you move out of this

• Options
    joddlyjoddly ✭✭✭
    KM - you look awful.
  • Options
    oh my god... thats pretty gross.. eat more food!!!!
  • Options
    Running is about being healthy. and your BMI looks to be far too low. I can see why your parents are worried. Seek help from a nutrionist who can give you advice on fuelling your body adequately. NOW.
  • Options
    joddlyjoddly ✭✭✭

KM - In case you have not yet acknowledged it, you have an eating disorder. Posting pictures such as the one above is not good for you and it is shocking and possibly upsetting for users of this forum.

I'm a doctor, though not at all experienced with problems like yours, but the first step you should take is to meet up with your GP to discuss your thoughts about your weight. The reaction of a normal person to the picture you posted is shock and discomfort.

Good luck to you.

• Options

No not a wind up - joddly is right and please see the post on 25/08/09 by Sossidge and my previous post 31/08/09. Unfortunately KM knows that he has an eating disorder and is becoming more obvious and wanting more posts of shock as above which he will use as encouragement to lose more weight.

I will copy Sossidge's second paragraph from the post 25/08/09 below as I think it is very important and absolutely right. 

'It's almost as if, by starting this debate, you're feeding off comments that you're too thin and the shock of Forumites who are telling you your avatar is alarming'.

The timing of KM's latest post is interesting as well - just before xmas when there is more pressure to eat so he may be trying to lose more weight before xmas in case he is in a position where he has to eat and puts a little weight on.

To help KM I would respectively suggest that people do not post any more comments about his appearance and KM - you know you are ill and unfortunately as many anorexics know (both recovered and dead) you are the only person who can do something about it. I'm sorry but its a simple as that.

I hope you make the right decision for your health - you may, in all seriousness not have much time left to make it.

Best wishes.

• Options

Can I second the above. When you have an eating disorder it becomes very difficult to change once people start commenting on how "shocking" you look. Part of you will get off on it and part of you will worry that you're now defined by that and couldn't possibly think about putting on weight.

KM I wander if you're discovering that eating disorders are the most boring thing in the world? Posting on the internet may provide some diversion but it's not going to change that.

• Options
    well said wobbled
  • Options
    KM if you want to be attention seeking, seek it from a professional.  The fact that you chose to boing this thread which had been dormant for ages by posting a 'look at me' picture is very telling.
  • Options
    Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭

You're ill ... get some help. Your parents are worried for good reason. Get some help.