Options

Edinburgh marathoners past and present

Comments

• Options

Thanks Caniggia. I hear Tiger made it out of the Valley of Sin which is apparently part of the course. Surprising image

I'm recovering awfully well. Clearly training yourself into the ground works. I may even run today image

• Options

Hi all,

Not been on for a while image. I went into hiding during the World Cup and then failed to come back !

Bedshaped - Well done on your ultra and well done Mark for having a good go whilst ill image.

Training for my own ultra at the moment. 56 miles first weekend of September image. Then New York marathon in November. Little chance on catching Smiffie up on completed marathons although she may want to consider just going to Berlin for a break and to support ? image

• Options

Guten Abend, image

Why is everybody running ultras??????  They just sound crap to me.  Phwoar you aren't doing another 40 laps of Rotheram are you????? image

Apparently if you can say you have played a round with Tiger you can make millons from tabloid newspapers.  A couple of years ago you would have been lucky to get a mention in Golf Monthly.  Apparently he had also had fun every day with a dyke and a ginger beer!!!!!!! image

News flash

Man arrested for punching his wife again.

..........when the judge asked; "Why do you keep beating her?" the accused replied "I think it's my weight advantage, longer arm reach and superior footwork......." image

• Options

Morning all!

I'd quite like a wee run today but have a fecking big raw heel blister that needs a few more days to heel before thinking about anything like putting on a running shoe image 

Also some sad news - my Asics passed away last night. They'd had a good life, run a couple of marathons, one ultra, one aborted ultra and many, many training miles. They will be missed but not for long... pay day is in a couple of weeksimage 

• Options

Sorry to hear about Asics Mark image. I was unfaithful to mine. Two-timing them with a pair of Nike Lunarglides !

Can - No laps of Rotherham this year. Doing this instead..image

http://www.bullocksmithy.com/

• Options
    Thanks Fox - truth be told I've been seeing a pair of Mizunos as the Acics grew older image Couldn't help it... me and the Asics just seemed to rub each other up towards the end of our relationshipimage
  • Options

Oh dear, didn't read all the advice until now and have the 405XT!  Woops, have no idea how to work it, have so far managed to charge it up and thats it!  Am hoping to have "teach in" with expert at club.

Did Northumberland Coastal way on Sunday, very very scenic and have managed to get sunburnt although it was overcast and windy.  2.19 for 14 miles which is ok for me but had problems with my back all the way round, am getting very concerned that I am going to have to take a break which is going to mess up my training schedule for Kielder, have massage on Friday so trying to hold in there till then.

• Options
    SCharm is it too late to send it /take it back?
  • Options
    Probably!  Ah well girl at the club has one and seems quite happy with it, so hopefully after a few lessons it will be ok!  Trying to be positive here!!!!
  • Options
    Stick in on your insurance and arrange for an animal related accident?
  • Options

Markk - this is how rubbish I am at technology its not a 410XT its the 310XT that I have bought, honestly there is little hope that I will ever be able to use it!!!!!!

• Options

Happy days then image. Do let us know when you plan to do your first Iron Woman to test out the full capabity of your new toy image 

Seriously, good step up from the 305 and better battery life. I got a battery warning on my 305 at 6 hours on Saturday.... still working 3 hours later... perhaps time to send to Garmin for a service.

• Options

Well done Mark and bedshaped on your weekend ultra exploits.

I managed a measly 13.5 miles in comparison and it was a feckin miserable 13.5 miles at that. It rained non stop for the entire run and by the end I had enough. I was going to do 16 miles but I was getting crabbit with the weather so I called it a day and went home. At least things are back on track with my Loch Ness training and as I'll be up north this weekend the plan is to run an 18 miler that I've done before and which has a few very testing hills. I think that's a good approach for Loch Ness so I'll do that and there's another route that follows the west highland way from Balmaha up to a point opposite Tarbet and back again which has a few good climbs as well. I just hope the weather improves.

• Options

Good choice SCharm!! I'd buy one of those if I didn't have the piece of crap I have right now! Hope you and it are happy together and spend many many miles in total harmony image

And lots of technical stuff too Greg once you get past Inversnaid which is great fun but maybe not so much when it's really really wet as it can be pretty treacherous! Good the hear the LN training is gfoing well. Enjoy your trip up north.

Still suffering with  that blister Markk??  Ouch!! I ran last night image but only to the shop image  Still, just 5 days until the Tour of Fife starts - oh crumbs.....

• Options

Thanks bedshaped, am hoping that I might be able to take it out on a little outing tonight, if my back is ok!

• Options

Phew SCharm, that bezel thingy on 405 just doesn't work and I'm gutted at wasting the money.  Ebay sale coming up image

Caniggia33 - New Strap on????? imageimage

I ran 5 miles on Sun & 5K last night, both on dreadmill, hopefully 10'ish weds then.  If I can kick my butt hard enough will get to Berlin, just the thought of beating DCB is motivating me image 95% of training is going to be in garage on dreadmill though imageimage

• Options
    Full of jokes that Smiffie ..................!image
  • Options
    Rohoha, shorts on order 'eat my dust DCB' so you can view from behind image
  • Options
    Looking forward to seeing them myself imageimage
  • Options
    Morning all, tried to use the 310XT for my run yesterday evening but I didn't get it turned on in time!  Got absolutely drenched as we ran in a monsoon.  I now have three pairs of trainers all sitting on the kitchen table drying out, best avoid our kitchen!!!
  • Options
    Goodness how far ahead will you have to be smiffie before I can no longer see those!!!!  image
  • Options

Fight! Fight! Fight! image

Went to the gym tonight to get things moving again after the weekend. Thighs were throbing after a couple of miles on the bike, but we got there in the end. Need to get back out running in the next couple of days for my own sanity.

• Options

imageNot far at your age / declining eyesight DCB.  Yehay 10.3 miles last night using 60% footpaths / bridleways.  Lovely sunny evening with ocassional rain spots which were very very welcome image

Gawd how your fitness goes, slogged it round 90secs a mile slower than normal, but at least out there running image

• Options

And that was on the horse Smifffie image

Morning all.

• Options
    Morning, right, have Garmin primed and ready to go for tonights interval session, just need to turn it on, fingers crossed!!!
  • Options

Morning! image

Folks doing the Tour of Fife - how difficult is it really?  I am starting to get a wee bit worried!

• Options
    Gonna be  toughie Jac no doubt about it. It's hard going hell for leather for consecutive days. Luckily (??) we have a rest day this year as it's usually 5 days on the trot so it's "only" 3 and 3 this time. But none of them are easy, all different but really really good fun - you'll love it!!
  • Options
    Really can't see what the attracttion is with this Tour of Fife thing - doesn't look that hard to me. Pricey yes. Hard no. image