Options

Edinburgh marathoners past and present

Comments

• Options
    Hopefully you didn't upset him, or you might be named in a letter image
  • Options
    I can't remember giving him the wrong prescription so that is a good sign. I am pretty pleased I didn't win that pub quiz in the Foresters. So glad I haven't got any knowledge of films!!!!!
  • Options

Hmmm police find Raoul Moat as on way up to Scotland to find that pharmacist who mis-diagnosed him???? got your fancy dress / disguise maids outfit on today Caniggia33? image

• Options

image 8 days to go Mark!!

Hey all image

• Options

Hi all, another week of fun here at the office of misery!!!!  Did some running last night, up a big big hill then back home again.  Knee seems to be fine which is a major relief as I have the Northumberland Coastal Run next Sunday and have forked out for accommodation the night before and at the moment every penny is getting tighter.

• Options
    Smiffie I could only find the sexy police one I pinched from your washing line don't think it would of helped matters!!!!!!!
  • Options

Afternoon..... it is a tad hot here in London-stan today and not the weather for suit and tie on the tube. I  forgot just how hot the tube gets in the summer - God knows what they will do for 2012 short of current advice to bring a bottle of water. Perhaps TFL should speak with the mob behind the Edinburgh marathon for rehydration ideas image

Had a conversation with a man today who will hopefully rescue me from the grasps of my current employer. Fingers x'd.

Heading home this afternoon and planning LSR tomorrow. Have some infamation at bottom of left knee cap that I just can't shift. Cho-pat brace keeps it fine for running but would really like to cure this as opposed to having an aching knee a couple of hours after exercise image

• Options
    Ah the joys of the sweltering tube....  one of the reasons I moved back to the North! 
  • Options

Fingers xd then markk!!

Looks like November here!

• Options
    are the kids throwing fireworks at each other Bedshaped?????  One week into the school hols and bored already image
  • Options
    oh they are sure driving me insane..... image
  • Options

No Raoulover then Can image

• Options
    not even reMoately funny Markk image
  • Options

Oh I'll give up now if that's ok....

20 mile LSR this morning which was quite nice apart from the last 2 miles which were uphill and hurt like feck. Still feel better for it with Clyde Stride next wekeend.

EDIT - FFS... Son#1 has just done a projectile arc vomit in the hall, the kind of thing you see in documentaries about people coming off herion in Thai retreats. Many thanks to my OH for taking him to play with his mates yesterday, all of whom had been ill in the last 48 hours.... really fab idea. image

• Options

Aye Markk no Raoulover.  I've found it quite sad to see someone I knew and actually quite liked completely flipping their lid in a way you wouldn't believe was possible and for the whole thing to be horrifically played out live on national TV.  Raoul was a hard bloke but in the dim and distant past he used to be one of the good guys.  My security guard knew him since he was a kid and was a tough guy too who also went off and topped himself completely unexpectedly.  These guys spend so much time trying not to look soft to survive in the brutally tough area they come from that you never really know what is going on behind the tough exterior.  When they crack they seem to crack big style unfortunately although not noramally quite as spectacularly as Raoul managed to.  The whole sad end last night brought back some pretty bad memories about John who was a good friend and the things you could have done or didn't do to help.  Still miss him. image

Thank feck im not at T in the park looks better on the telly than being there, im sitting nice and warm watching it with a nice cold beveridge in hand and all warm them chunts are freezing,covered in mud and surrounded by neds. As they say in glasgow t in the park is the annual ned holiday and as an added bonus Dundee had a much lower proportion of gadgies today than is normally the case on a saturday afternoon. image   

• Options

Morning all.

Can not sure about the Ned reading in Glasgow yesterday, but the Jake levels were off the scale as I ran along the Forth & Clyde. I was very touched by the gang of Jakes complete with the sterotypical cans of Special Brew who took great interest in the various runners going past them. So much so that one of them did a very good set of press-ups as I approached, without knocking over his 2ltr bottle of cider. That takes great skill when the bottle is close to your mouth.

Legs feel a wee bit nippy this moring but changing the insoles in my road shoes has had mixed results. Heel blisters have stopped, but has increased impact on the soles of my feet in what are already stiff shoes which means any prolonged running on hard surfaces is tough going. I reckon that the shoes in question will be finished after the Clyde Stride next weekened, but they've served me well.

• Options
    I have shiny new bouncy shoes for next weekend. If I could just place a weather order now - no wind thanks very much!
  • Options
    Who do you have to write to for weather orders since Heather the Weather packed up. I don't think Gail carries the same authority. So that was no wind lots of sun you were wanting then image
  • Options

Booooooooooooooooooo the cheating spanish won. image

I was hoping Holland would win as they played football as most football fans love to see it played by tough men willing to give and take a challenge.  None of that tippy tappy, diving, bleating, trying to get folk sent off poofs stuff that Spain offered for the entire competition. How Webb managed to send off the dutch defender for iniesta going down so softly but left Puyol on I'll never understand.  The commentators were all moaning about the rough dutch players but I thought Iniesta was the luckiest man to still be on the park to score after 2 dives, an evil tackle on Schneider and an off the ball assault on Van Bommel. Webb bought every sneaky dive and engineered trip from a spanish player all night before "missing" one up the other end that led to the goal, the puyol rugby tackle and the free kick that kit the wall and the goalkeeper on the way out. He was just as bad as you would expect him to be. Up the other end those would have been a free kicks, bookings and corners all night long.  Unfortunately if the soft wee gits dont like to take what they give out. Get rid of the cheats, midgets and jessies and bring back real football where men were men, tackles were hard and poor people could afford to watch.  Tonight that was a crap end to a crap world cup. image

Oh and last rant why did Sepp Blatter feel compelled to hand over the world cup.  Bet Nelson Mandella felt like a right spare prick.  We will invite you, drive you around on a golf cart and then forget you are even there.  Instead of the most iconic man in South Africa being pictured handing over the trophy to symbolise the world cup being in south africa we will have sepp's ugly pus yet again.  I hope he doesn't put his huge ego in his suitcase on the way home I dont think he could afford to pay the excess baggage. image

• Options

Can you have got to be taking the pi$$??? Holland were a disgrace. Even Vinnie Jones would have blushed at their efforts to play the ball and not the man. They were lucky not to be at least one man down by half time with De Jong's kung-fu effort. The right teamwon - OLE!!!!! image .

The Dutch are however the new world champions at crying over split milk. What possible good can it do to gang up on the Ref AFTER the final whistle has blown? I mean it's not like he was suddenlt going to say "I'll tell you what, I'll give Robben a penalty just to shut the little pr*ck up". At least the Dutch coach said the right team won, Graceful unlike his players. Good summary of the game here with some interesting facts that you wont find elsewhere. Fatherless-pig-dog indeed...

Do agree with you about Mandela - surely he should have handed the Cup over as opposed to that usless git Blatter.

• Options
    To be honest with the exception of the de jong tackle I thought the spanish gave as good as they got.   They also nailed Podolski in the semi final and got away with it.  At the end of the day its supposed to be a contact sport and most folk who watch football like to see a good hard tackle almost as much as a goal.  Some saturdays the biggest cheer in a game can go to the bloke who goes into a 50:50 and absolutely bulldozes his way through his opposite number in the process.  Unfortunately FIFA seem intent on making football a sport like basketball where any bodily contact is a freekick and a booking which is just bollox.  There is nothing in the rule book that says you have to stand back and admire teams like spain, barcelona and arsenal and let them pass you off the park.  Folk like Hansen and Shearer have pretty short memories about how they played in their careers.  Hansen played with the likes of Graeme Souness and Billy Bremner whilst Shearer kicked neil lennon in the head as he lay on the ground.  People who live in glass houses should wank in the basement. 
  • Options
    Just butchered some more plants in the garden.  It wont be long now until the stone chips and the gnomes arrive image
  • Options
    Thank you to the world cup for FINALLY being finished. Peace, at last.....
  • Options

so much peace that everybody has stopped posting!!!!!! image

Dundee are off and running a week on saturday,  Make the most of the next week and a half bedshaped real football is back soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! image