Options

Edinburgh marathoners past and present

Comments

• Options

What does Kiwi think is worth having a go?  The London marathon, administartion, kidknap or homosexuality???? image

People always say you should try anything once but not convinced about the last one. image

• Options
    Morning all. Not sure about giving that a go either.... Staying off running until the end of the week, which gives me five weeks to get my sh*t sorted for the Fling. In the same way that Mad Dog thinks he will still be the leader of Libya at the end of the week, I like to think I will be fit enough for a 53 mile run up the West Highland Way end of April......
  • Options
    Hope you manage to sort your bowels out before your fling with whatever sex of person you decide to have it with ;o)
  • Options
    Any of the above CANIGGIA,Take your pick!!
  • Options

Well thats been a busy old day.  Managed to do a full days work finishing at 5:30, drive home fit a quick 4 mile run in and it had to be quick as I didn't have much time, cooked and wolfed down my tea, had a very quick shower and drive to Dundee to see the mighty Dees in action and still made the 7:45 kick-off. Dundee are still unbeaten thanks to yet another trialist.  Apparently this one was called Hyde not really sure where we found him.  He did absolutely nothing in the 1st half and was very meek.  Fortunately he was a lot more fired up in the 2nd half and scored a decent goal.  I think he turned into Dr Jeckyl at half time!!!!!!! (I'm here all week image)  22 undefeated and counting.  We laugh in the face of the SFL's 25 point penalty imageimageimageimageimage

27 days Smiffie image

• Options

Evening everybody. image

Is it winter soon?  I was home from work early enough to do my least favourite training run up a very big hill.  Due to the ravishes of winter it has been too dark to do that run for months and months and I have to say it was no more enjoyable this year than it was last. Could we please put the clocks back and not forward this sunday so as to put me off trying such a foolish run again in the near future.  Still 5.6 miles in 36:14.  20:40 to go up and 16:34 to get back down.  Not sure if that means I was slow going up, slow coming down or both of the above image

26 days smiffie image

• Options

Afternoon one and all.

Tit Thursday is upon us - isn't sunshine great? image

Still no running for another couple of days though...image

• Options

image Thanks Caniggia33, just read your post, feel an 'ickle bit better........printed off hotel conf & flight conf today, shame i'm not fitter but damned determined to enjoy and buy that Boston top image

Cheers Markk but I find even at 5AM social services get twitchy if I leave the kids 'Home Alone' imageimage

• Options
    Got a funny thing going on with my heel which was nipped by the back of my shoe. Whenever I stretch and bend my foot up I get a sting tingling at the base of the heel bout not on the flat if you follow me. Suspect that I've damaged the tendon as it joins the heel bone. Been icing and resting all week but still crap.
  • Options
    Hi MARKK.It isn't plantar fasciitis then?
  • Options

Evening everybody. image

Smiffie I'm glad the news of Dundee's continued unbeaten run has cheered you up a bit. image  Always good to see you with a happier head on than last week.  Hope you got the pooch's leg pinned OK and that he is on the mend.  Its one way of slowing him down for speed sessions I suppose although I'm sure there are less painful ways of reducing his zing like giving him a spoonful less of dog food before runs than you normally do. image  25 days to go!!!!!!  Where did you book and how long are you going for.  Don't worry about the reviews on trip advisor about the Sheraton if you booked that one.  There are a lot of strange reports like "comfy bed and spacious room, shame about the serial killer." They caught him not long after we went a couple of years ago. image

My mind is made up finally to go and run the Sydney marathon.  Just trying to work out where else to go so I don't overstay my welcome at big sis.  Would it be wrong to use this wee race as a wee warm up the sunday before the marathon.  It looks like a low key 10k it only has the 40000 runners image  I've never thought of going to Brisbane before I wonder if there is anything else worth doing there for 3-4 days. image

http://www.bridgetobrisbane.com.au/

I ran for the 3rd night running tonight but was pretty slow tonight.  Think next sunday may be a bit of a struggle.  I'm at least another 3 or 4 weeks short of being in good knick to run a quick arf. image

Nitey nite. image

• Options
    Morning CANIGGIA !!!!!!!!!
  • Options

Morning Kiwi!!!!!!!!! image

what happened to Friday? imageimageimage

• Options
    4 fit players, 4 cripples, 2 kids and one trialist in the starting line up today..........THE DEES ARE STILL UNBEATABLE 23 AND COUNTING imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    23 is a popular number today thats as also as many days as it is to Boston Smiffie. image
  • Options

Patriots Day is three weeks tomorrow Smiffie. imageimageimageimageimage

Oh meh goad how hard is next sunday going to be in Berlin.  Just had a very tough 16 miler today.  My average pace was 7:10/mile which looks quite good but i never managed to find cruise control at all today.  It just felt like a struggle from the off.  The 1st eight miles were into the breeze which took its toll a bit as when I turned at the oil rigs to head home there wasn't very much bounce there at all.  Just as well it was downwind or I'd still be out there!!!!  I think I'll just have to put Berlin down as a training run.  The big one is Dusseldorf so a sensible time and just toughing it out would be OK for next week. image

Oh dear Brazil have just gone a goal up.  Does anybody feel the floodgates opening.  Could the lad that has scored pull his soaks up any further.  He might be a great player but he looks like a right feckin jessie.  Even DCB would draw the line at pulling his poofy lang soaks above knee height. image

• Options

Le weekend is over already I hate working Saturdays image

On the upside only 3 more days and I'm auf Urlaub as they say in Deutschland until next Wednesday. image  On yet another upside if I'm away you won't get lots of notifications of posts on this forum clogging up your mailbox only to find they have all been from me and contain mostly irrelevant nonsence. image

Nitey nite everybody. image

• Options

Afternoon all. Torn fibres in my other fecking achilles. You couldn't make it up image

Two bouts of physio this week and hopefully nae running until next week will allow things to settle down. Or I may as well go full force and become a pie eating tv watching lardy boy

• Options

Evening all image

what a boring day that's been and there is the same again tomorrow to look forward to. Why is having nothing to do for 9 hours soooooooo tiring imageimage

How did you manage to injure your other achilles Markk. I thought you were off running for a few weeks.  Maybe you should just keep running if you can injure yourself watching the tele. image

Smiffie Patriots Day is 3 weeks today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! imageimageimageimageimage

• Options

Oh meh goad what the feck have they done to my favourite trainers. image

They are in Dundee Utd colours. image 

They would certainly make me run quick.  I'd be scared to be seen out in them and would be sprinting to get back to the house before anybody saw me in them image  Thank god I bought 2 pairs before they changed the colours image

http://www.sweatshop.co.uk/cw3/assets/product_full/00312117_main_m.jpg

• Options

Ohhh  I like them Caniggia, woooohooooo go faster trainers, could do with them!

Just posted gels to hotel in Boston in case I can't get through security in hand luggage.....

• Options
    Hiya smiffie image

I certainly wouldn't want to feel sorry for myself and look at my feet too often in them.

I thought the way you were talking that you had booked a seat on the plane. I know you are just small but you might be hard pushed to fit in someone's hand luggage image
  • Options

Happy belated 40th smiffie!!!!!!!!! imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

I've never stalked an "older" woman before. image image imageimage

• Options

Guten Abend everybody.

Ich bin auf Urlaub!!!!!!  No more work until next Wednesday imageimageimageimageimage

Smiffie sorry its a bit late.  Here's your birthday present old girl image

http://s8.thisnext.com/media/largest_dimension/B735DF2B.jpg

Dundee Utd are out of the Scottish Cup.  Thank god the only game Dundee have lost since admin was a cup game to Motherwell.  I doubt we would have knocked the dabs out the way motherwell did tonight.  I couldn't bare watching them win a cup again this year.  I haven't got over the disappointment of them winning last year yet.  In fact I don't think I've got over the disappointment of them winning in 1994. image or them winning the league in 1983 image or the league cup in 1979 and 1980 when I was only very ickle kiddiwinkle and wasn't big enough to know what football was. image  I think its a genetic thing that I hate Dundee Utd and I assume I would have had a big tantrum those days. image

Had a half decent run last night.  5 miles all sub 6:30/mile pace.  Just a few secs under but under 6:30 anyway.  I know I can't do 13 miles at that pace but maybe just maybe 6:50ish may be possible.  Does anyone feel a crash and burn run coming on. image

• Options
    Its going to be 22C in berlin on Sunday with a 20mph cross wind for most of the course.  I don't think I've run in warmer than 8 or 9C all year. I'm going off the idea of this one already.  What was I saying about 6:50 a mile.  Better add another 20s a mile to that. image
  • Options

I did seek some comfort by getting a second opinion from weather.com.  The good news is it won't be as windy.  The bad news is they think it will be 23C. Brill even hotter.  I don't think I'll need to pack my wooly gloves and wind jacket or borrow smiffie's big tartan slipper!!!!! imageimage

Nitey nite image

• Options

I think I need a bit of German culture to get me in the mood for my hols.  You know you all love this video don't deny it.  And they say Germans don't have a sense of humour lol image

• Options
    I've been going to Yoga to get ready to fit in handluggage caniggia, not like you flush property tycoons image
  • Options
    Is flushing a property tycoon similar to flushing a toilet?