Options

Burnham Beeches Half-Marathon

Comments

• Options
    image Ok, so why is mine so much higher than everyone else?  Did you all register really early?
  • Options
    I think I sent off my entry in June!
  • Options
    Mr KMr K ✭✭✭

Numbers list:

Karl Williams2 - 220
    Lord Byron - 522
    Paco - 523
    RLTW - 2244
    Slow Duck - 254
    Mr. K. - 455

Muttley - Really gutted for you. What you said is so right..if the man says no then.... Sure you will be up collecting medals shortly.

• Options

RLTW.... maybe because the female numbers start at 2000 upwards.

Get better soon Mutley you will be missed.

• Options

Aha! That would be a possibility Galtton, though I did register quite late too.  I see there is a limit of 1500 entrants so the gender thing is more than likely.  

I'm now beginning to feel rather in the minority!  Are there any females out there? 

I guess that's me winning 1st lady then (I wish).  More likely to be last lady, but so long as I get round that's fine!

• Options

sorry for you  Muttley...  as i know how it feels when you have to pull out from a race. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,   good look in your recovery,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and all the best to everyone for the race on sunday

• Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Thanks guys! I probably could get away with this one but I've made that mistake before.

"Mutley you will be missed." ... but only if the gun jams, I take it image

• Options
    Hi RLTW....I'm there with you on sunday for the girls. #2256 woo hoo!!!
  • Options

Hi Stacey - Thank goodness for that !   I was beginning to think I would be a lone female.  Have you done this one before?  What time are you hoping for?    My half pb is just over 2:30 (at Great North Run) but I don't know how this one compares.

• Options
    hahaha....no, I'll be there with you! I have only done one before which was the wycombe half about 1 month ago. I did that in just over 2 hours, so I would be really happy to get under the 2 hour mark, we'll see though, that may be wishfull thinking! Don't know the course for this one, but I'm guessing there are no steep Marlow hills phew!!
  • Options
    Stacey - I've heard the Wycombe half is quite ' undulating' image.  You should easily do sub 2 hours at this one then image
  • Options
    Hello, I'm a girlie too (but can't remember my number...)! Not a chance of winning anything though - although one of the girls in my club was first female a couple of years ago. I did Burnham in 1:58 last year; my PB is 1:49 but that was on a flat route, and my training's not been going well for the last couple of weeks, so if I get around the same time as last year, I'll be happy!
  • Options
    Good luck everyone                 image                       lets hope we get some good weather.
  • Options
    Mr KMr K ✭✭✭

Weather (from Metcheck) looks like -

From 10:00 to 12:59  
    Temp = 24 °c  
    Feels = 25 °c
    UV = 4
    Rain = 0.0 mm
    Cloud = 61 %
    Speed = 12 mph
    Gust = 15 mph

In the notes -

Please note that our car parking is at Farnham Park Playing Fields off the A355. Please allow at least 20 minutes to walk to the Race HQ.

RLTW - I`m getting there early (9.15) & will be wearing my Mr.K. FETCH top...will try and find you & say hello  image

• Options

Mr K - I usually aim to get to a venue an hour ahead of start time so hopefully I won't be far away when you arrive.  I haven't decided what I'm wearing yet. 

Need to check back on my race pack but does anyone happen to know if the swimming is at the car park end or the race start end just in case I have the energy at the end for a whaft around in the pool image  (should be empty by the time I get there !)

• Options
    dose anyone know if the swimming pool outside or inside,  cheers
  • Options

Anyone know if there are showers available post-race?

• Options
    plenty of showers (it is an expensive private boys school!). Swimming pool is outside, close to start and finish which are only a few yards apart, with life guard.
  • Options

My clubmate and I are thinking of racing on Sunday if there are places available on the day - does anyone have any info on whether the limit has been reached yet?

S. 

• Options

Cento..... e-mail the previous posting from you...Keith.

• Options

OK, have just seen that Mara Yamauchi holds the ladies course record.  Didn't she win the London Marathon this year?  Something to strive for I supposeimage

Mr K - That's rather hot weather you are predicting. Good excuse for struggling a bit image.  I'm looking forward to a swim already image.

• Options

Hi everyone,just 2 days to go now cant wait the pool is great after the run and my friend is the life guard there.he is called chris doyle so make sure you say a big hi to him.Really nice guy,anyway of for a night run now see you all soon.......x

• Options

Been away, just caught up. Bad luck Muttley - join the club of people taking it carefully and grmbling cos they can't run their favourite run. I'm still being nice to my knee so I know how it feels! (knees and calf tears - been there before too) Hope it gets better soon.image

Good luck tomorrow everybody. If we haven't gone out somewhere (giving BB a wide berth) I'll come and wave. Drink lots of water and thank Crumpet for all those trees (shade) And the swimming pool. image

• Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Cheers RHR ... I certainly am grumbling, it's something I do well.

Good luck guys. Forecasters say it'll be a scorching day so you'll be glad of the shade. Watch out for the, ahem, speed bump at miles 6-ish and 12-ish.

• Options
    Good luck everyone . See you tomorrow. I'll be wearing this year's Valencia marathon T-shirt. Paco says "Hasta manyana!"
  • Options
    MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

That's a rather splendid new site you have there Rich. Pity I'm hors de combat at the mo, would have been nice to see you again.

If you can do what no other photographer has managed to date, and capture me looking like I'm in something even vaguely resembing forward motion, never mind actually running, I promise to pay up for it!

So come on guys, how did it go? Tis a bit warm today ...

• Options

well done toall  that took part of todays race...

i would like to know who put them hills on the route,lol    it was a very tough race, the marshells were great, the weather was abit hot ,well maybe more then abit hot........best part was the swimming pool..... my time something around 1hour 32 minutes... afrew minutes slowing then i was hoping to do.

what dose the rest you think of today and was your times on the target that you wanted to do.

well done to all that took part

• Options

Hi All...

Finished in 1hr.41min which is a whole 5mins quicker than my pb......

Great course hills are 3 times as worse 2nd time around.Pool was brill after the HOT run.

Will be back next year.Also is anyone running in the dorney/windor half in two weeks at the eton rowing lake,do let me know,would be nice to meet up,as to many people there today to put a face to a number.

Anyway hope you all enjoyed today and remember keep running..

• Options
    Mr KMr K ✭✭✭

Changing my name to Mr Kermit cos I ran like a muppet -

Finish Time - 1.52.20 - Splits 9:34, 8:46, 8:18, 7:39, 7:40, 8:05, 8:18, 8:51, 9:01, 8:48, 7:55, 9:25, 9:16, Last bit 0:43 Can you see where I fell apart??

Was a tad warm, was a tad undulating...enjoyed the finish & the swim afterwards. 

Good to see so many faces image Loads of marshals image

Well done Burnham Joggers - good event.