Options

Goals?

Comments

• Options
    Ok my goals are (eventually)

1) 22:00 5K (pb 23:16) (Long term goal 20:00)

2) Sub 50:00 10K (pb 51:40)

3) 1:20:00 10M (pb and debut 1:25:26)

4) Run a half marathon (which maybe Windsor in a couple of weeks, via the backdoor!)

(And find a nice man, get married again, have kids and live happily ever after :o))

I can dream.
  • Options
    My goals for (not necessarily in the order shown - just they came as I was thinking about them)

Short term:
    Get through today without whinging and crying
    Get through today having achieved goals set for the day (i.e. doggy walks etc)
    Get through the week without too much more hassle being piled onto me and my mr.
    Get through the medical clinical visits without the feeling of losing control
    Get through chemotherapy and radiotherapy
    Start running again as soon as I feel able

Long Term:
    To run next year's Liverpool Medicash Corporate Cup
    To beat Cancer for the whole of my lifetime and to contribute something towards it's research and treatments
    To write nursing journal articles particularly for students on how cancer affects the patient and dealing with it - I can see it now "Cancer diagnosis: the other side of the fence". :)
    To run a marathon
    To marry the Mr
    To visit New Zealand where the mr has family
    To write a PhD
  • Options
    Oh and to learn to say No - like Benz said :)
  • Options
    Those nameless goals belong to me,good luck
    to all chasing your goals
  • Options
    Well Cath, that's certainly put my goals into perspective! Good luck with all of them.
  • Options
    the "learn to say no" thing is something mr tink definitely wouldn't approve of!

Cath - do the NZ thing - you will love it!
  • Options
    Cath,

Don't limit yourself to Nursing journals!
    I'm sure all of us would be interested in reading what you could tell us.

(RW Ed, I hope you're taking note)
  • Options
    Oh I forgot an important goal........

Get another job as being made redundant on 31/12/2002!!

(Alternatively if find another husband by then, become housewife instead, but time scale of 4 months v. unlikely!!)
  • Options
    forgot my 10M time!

next 10M - 1:30 (pb and debut 1:36)

long term 1:20

• Options
    Oh, and the goals:

Short term (winter/spring):
    1) Run injury free for more than 6 months
    2) Complete FLM 2003 (had to pull out of 2002)
    3) Sub 1.45 1/2m and 45min 10k

Longer term (2003):
    1) Improve 1.34 1/2m pb
    2) Run FLM 2003 in less than 4.30 (previous FLM attempt an ill-prepared 5.10)
  • Options
    Caz, shame about being made redundant, although it was the best thing that ever happened to me career-wise (twice!).
  • Options
    It's my first time being made redundant and I won't deny the handsome payoff is welcome, and as I live in a 200 year old cottage in need of renovation, it will be very handy indeed. So I'm in a way quite pleased. But I am nervous about finding another job and I will miss my team, they are great and we get on so well. :o(
  • Options
    neilruns -- don't be daft! all goals are relative aren't they :)

Caz -- my Dad has been made redundant 3 times and he reckons it's the best thing that has happened to him, otherwise he would have stayed in jobs he didn't like, but he ended up finding jobs he likes better and besides you can always stay in touch with your team... it's called networking I believe. Believe me it's valuable (as I have found lately).
  • Options
    Cath, absolutely we'll stay in touch and it's the only place I've worked where when people leave they actually do stay in touch (for a change!).

• Options
    Cath - all goals are relative, but some are more relative than others!
  • Options
    neilruns -- that's scientist talk I'm sure so it's sounding a bit foreign :)
  • Options
    What I meant was that you trying to beat cancer has a bit more importance to it than me huffing and puffing to break 50min for a 10k :).

As an aside, did you know there's a smiley face thing like this one - :) - but it means you are shedding a tear at the same time? I bet lots of people would have used that one lately on your threads - ;) - oops, sorry, I think I winked at you instead. &) no, not that one either. Can anyone help me?

• Options
    Cath , dont do the PhD
    my MD is driving me nuts!!
  • Options
    GuyGuy ✭✭✭
    Short term goals:

5k sub 18:00 (now 18:57)
    10k sub 40:00 (now 41:18)
    1/2 mar sub 1:30 (now 1:32)
    mar sub 3:15 (now 3:38)

Long term - sub 3:00 marathon.
  • Options
    As a very new newbie:
    - to run 5K by the end of October
    - to enter 5K race in the next three months
    - to keep running over the winter
    - to have any kind of PB

Cath - good fortune to all of your goals. May they all be met.
  • Options
    Okay, my goals:

- to get my work organised so it impacts less on my weekends
    - to do at at least 2 10ks by the end of November
    - to keep running over the winter
    - to do Reading Half in March
    - to do the FLM in April
    - to cut down on the alcohol
    - to run an average 3 x per week
    - to set some reasonable PBs
  • Options
    My goals...

1. to complete the Nike 10K, was aiming for 60 mins but will just try and get round.
    2. to improve this time on the 06/october in a local race
    3. Keep running till Im 70 when i might be able to win a prize....

Netty
  • Options
    Benz -- my friend's hubby is doing his MD and it's driving her nuts nevermind him :)

neilruns -- see, that's what I meant, I think a PB to some people is just as important a focus as "fighting" cancer - see to me, my fighting cancer is something I don't have a say in and have to do regardless of what I want. Whereas a PB, is like an ambition and dream to achieve with a sense of achievement. I doubt I'll have that sense of achievement once the chemo and radium is finished, I think I'll be just so glad it's over :)
  • Options
    I only have 1 goal, having done the GSR two out of the last three years - My goal is to complete the 2003 running the whole way!!!
    Oh yes and World Peace!
  • Options
    I'm having to do a lot of thinking about running cos I've found it hard recently. So here goes :

1. To run that wretched Windsor half in 2hrs. 5mins (did 2hrs 8mins today over a very hilly course with a dog fight half way)

2. Maybe to think about increasing my speed over the next year - this year I've focused on distance and I think 13.1 miles is at least about 3 miles too far for me

3. But then the Reading half... hadn't thought about it but it would be a shame to let this level of fitness and endurance dwindle away over the winter

4. To try and increase my decision making skills - or maybe I should do some kind of course - what do you think...?!
  • Options
    maybe you ned to set up a task force to look into that last issue daisy!
  • Options
    Hi cath .Was up as well as you but was in HDU with a patient.
    So no foruming
    Home now post mega shop and gymAm stuffing down sarnie
    Hope youre ok!
  • Options
    My goals are:

to run 5k in under 30mins (PB 31.12)
    10k in under 60mins (PB 65mins)

to complete the GNR in under 2 and half hours and run all the way.

Long term goals maybe do another marathon and be much better prepared than my very sorry attempt in 1999.

To consitently run 10min miles.

To keep running until I'm very old.