Options

Roth 2010

Comments

• Options

Great IW, have a fab time! 

Thanks for asking image

• Options
    How are you all going to be travelling to Roth in 2010?
    Is it fairly straightfoward to get there with your bike from the uk?
  • Options

I'll be driving from Amsterdam slowtwitcher, load the bike in the car and go!

From what I know... there's an airport in Nuremberg and then it's a taxi or bus ride to Roth.

I'm going to ask a colleague of mine who's from the area to get details about all those things and post them here, maybe she might even know somewhere good to stay / eat. 

• Options
    PKim, wife's planning on forcing me into the AMS marathon in October, have you done it?
  • Options

G-sport... only done the half but it's pretty much the same circuit, except for part of the circuit on the south east of the city.

It's pancake flat, some places are cobble stones and support is great, lots of expectators, some drum bands in certain places and weather isn't too warm at the time. Most of the race is around the center of town so it's actually a pretty good way to have a look at the city, the only difference with the half is that you get to do the south east of Amsterdam which has less public. 

Pity I won't be doing the full this year as I might not be in town by then, if you're planning on doing it, I suggest you sign up for soon, it might get full.

Give me a shout if you have any questions.

• Options
    we might come over and I would be up for a bike leg if its confirmed we go.
  • Options
    IW if you want to swim I have a team for you
  • Options
    Ok we may have our swimmer, crashie has offered, aitch is the runner, me as the cyclist, will be fun
  • Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Full Race
    Bassy
    Mellifera
    Pkim
    ATOM.
    IW (see below)
    Barley
    Foggy
    Trogs
    bos1
    Melds .. save me a place please!
    Happychap
    Arctic-Lady

Relay
    LJS, swimmer (definite) - SP, cyclist (definite) TL, Runner (definite) = So sorry if we let LJS down, his a bit quick in the water.
    Holly G- swim, DrM- bike, oxy- run. Sub 10, easy!
    IW - I'd be willing to swim or run if there's anyone else thinking about a relay team????

Maybe
    Plum 
    Kanga
    Hope
    Nam (very probably unless something goes seriously wrong...)
    Cougie retire??? No way!!
    slowtwitcher
    Garr
    kittenkat (but also maybe not)
    Bedders
    Calf
    SuperCaz

• Options
    Looking forward to seeing Aitch make the most of the lead that the Crashmeister and Rosey will give her.
  • Options
    I know someone who might be up for relay swim, he was international water polo player so I think he knows what he's doing in the water.
  • Options

Well - having dipped my toe in the pirate water before, being one of the ones that pulled out of IMCH this year, I love the idea of being part of the PSOF.. 

If anyone wanted to be part of a non-speedy team - I'd be up for a run, I think. 

I'm not fast - my PB's 4.00.15 (hope to do something about that at A'dam) but if there's anyone else out there who isn't bionic who fancies it...  International water polo players would scare me witless.image

• Options

yesterday's race was fab - we supported our clubmate Stefan on his first attempt at the distance, he did really really well, 56"29 for the swim, 5:02 for the bike and 3:41 for the run, total finish time 9:45:44, absolutely brilliant! And as for Chrissie W., what can on say, a 4:40 bike and a 2:57 marathon! New world record 8:31 - and she smiled all the way!

To give you all a taster, we went round from place to place on our MTBs, the climbs at Selingerstadt, Eyold and of course Solarer Berg were great as always, loud music belting out and crowds of supporters waving rattles and yelling. And at Landing on the marathon course where you can see the runners pass by 3 times in different directions, there was a huge crowd of people. Looking forward already to 2010.

• Options

Here we go again.....just can't resist it (if anyone can get rid of the spacing on the list I'd appreciate it - sorry I can't seem to get my name in to move up1) 

Full Race
    Bassy
    Mellifera
    Pkim
    ATOM.
    IW (see below)
    Barley
    Foggy
    Trogs
    bos1
    Happychap
    Arctic-Lady

Bedders

Relay
    LJS, swimmer (definite) - SP, cyclist (definite) TL, Runner (definite) = So sorry if we let LJS down, his a bit quick in the water.
    IW - I'd be willing to swim or run if there's anyone else thinking about a relay team????

Maybe
    Plum 
    Kanga
    Hope
    slowtwitcher
    Garr
    Calf
    SuperCaz

• Options

Always happy to oblige.  (you need to hold the shift key down when you hit enter, otherwise you always get a double space)

Full Race
    Bassy
    Mellifera
    Pkim
    ATOM.
    IW (see below)
    Barley
    Foggy
    Trogs
    bos1
    Happychap
    Arctic-Lady
    Bedders

Relay

Maybe
    Plum 
    Kanga
    Hope
    slowtwitcher
    Garr
    Calf
    SuperCaz

• Options

If we are to take advantage of the reduced entry for more than 10, I'm going to need you all to send me your real names and other entry info such as date of birth etc. so I can email the list to the organisers. I'll ask Helga for the bank account details because I'm not financially in a position to pay the lump sum group entry they are asking for! You will have to transfer the 280 Euros fee yourselves. Please, if you sign up, pay the fee as soon as you can since if several people don't it will jeopardise the reduced entry fee for the others. More info to come as soon as I have it from Helga.

Relay entrants - you need to enter online yourselves as the discount only applies to individual entries.

• Options

I'm going to try to put a team together for this.  Hoping Nige will be up for the run, his mate Dave we'll have to work on to convince him to do the swim, and then I'll have to train on (and clean) my bike for a change.  I'll let you know once/if our team is confirmed.

Dawn wants to the whole thing.

• Options

Full Race
    Bassy
    Mellifera
    Pkim
    ATOM.
    IW (see below)
    Barley
    Foggy
    Trogs
    bos1
    Happychap
    Arctic-Lady
    Bedders
    Hope ... will sell a kidney! image

Relay

Maybe
    Plum 
    Kanga
    slowtwitcher
    Garr
    Calf
    SuperCaz

• Options
    Am up for this in principle - just waiting for job situ confirmation!
  • Options

Am I right in thinking that the 2010 race opens for entries on July 16th at 12pm? I am not around that day - any idea how quick this thing historically fills up? Hours, days or weeks?    

• Options

It doesn't normally fill up on the first day.

Info from Helga at the race directors office:  Every entrant for the full race needs to enter on the 16th and transfer their 280 Euros directly to: SWIFT-BIC: BYLADEM 1 SRS    IBAN: DE31 7645 0000 0750 3606 46.

Then you need to send me your real name that you entered under, I have to forward Helga a consolidated list of names.

Relay entrants take care of their own entry.

• Options

I would love to do it, it has so many reccomendations, but is only a month after the 5x so don't know if it's possible - I mean to afford it rather than do it and not incur the wrath of Dave. There isn't time to do the persuading so it may be a no.

Full Race
    Bassy
    Mellifera
    Pkim
    ATOM.
    IW (see below)
    Barley
    Foggy
    Trogs
    bos1
    Happychap
    Arctic-Lady
    Bedders
    Hope ... will sell a kidney! image

Relay

Maybe
    Plum 
    Kanga
    slowtwitcher
    Garr
    Calf
    SuperCaz
    Monique

• Options
    Thanks for the info UIW, but I am afraid that just wont work for me. I am credit card only having just come back from CH, and just dont have they money in cash to do a transfer. Therefore I would have to cop out and pay the extra 20
  • Options
    I got talked into doing the marathon as a relay next year at the post IMCH pirate party yesterday image

Crashie - are you still up for the swim or were you too p*ssed to remember saying you'll do it?!

Watch out Debbo and Oxy!
  • Options

Waves at H!

I reckon Smiley Lady will end up in Roth and you can blag Zuppy into swimming for you if Crash is not available.

(note that Jo has not actually said she was doing Roth)

• Options
    I'm going to have to get training for this one having laughed at FB when he said he'd have a team to give us a challenge too.  I'll never live that down if he beats me (again) too!!
  • Options
    *waves to Bassy* I hope you had a good flight home!

If Crashie can't come I'll ask Zuppy! It'll be the A team! I'd better get training for this, never ran a marathon before!
  • Options
    err, I think you have a while yet!
  • Options
    Well I know that, I used a number line to help me work out how much time image I didn't mean right now, I still have the Vit to train for! image
  • Options
    Nope,  I wont have it by the 16th either

But am still a definitely interested party   image