Options

Roth 2010

Comments

• Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

I do love reading the reports.  Great work guys, thank you!

• Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    brilliant Bassy

and Oxy, just what I'd expect - if I were famous I'd get you to do my PR
  • Options

all that gave me a good giggle!

Bassy - do stop apologising! People do what they need to do on race morning. In your case, babbling at people, in my case telling you to go and babble elsewhere. You can't be expected to work out other people's shit at that time! It's not a problem - I didn't think any worse of you at all, I just wanted to spend my last few minutes with DrM. Great pb!

• Options

Loving reading the reports.

Will get around to writing one soon, but first, breakfast and a doctors appointment - I have had an enormous purple ankle since Monday, thanks to, of all ridiculous things, an insect bite! image

• Options
    LOL Melli. Im resisting the urge to apologise for over apologising.
    I did forget to mention I fell short of my attempt to win both grumpy and smiley pirate on the same day. I tried really hard to look grumpy on the run at supporters, but burst out laughing.

To be honest there was no way I could outgrump TL this year anyhow.Well not unless my leg had fallen off.
  • Options

Ditchy - so you've limped round round your kafe and kuchen paradise with an old lady's fat ankle?  That's bad luck. But very you image.

Loving the reports. PKim  - you are well 'ard, aren't you?!  Loved the comment about giving someone the ''fingers up'... think you mean 'thumbs up'!!

Bassy - if you hadn't gone past me so fast cackling about frozen chickens I could have given you pain killers.   Glad the Hen House mobile drugs cabinet worked for you later on.

RC (()) - not fair that your knee went. What has the fizz said? Reading reports from people who didn't make it makes me thank my lucky stars and everything else that it all went right on the day for me.  You need a lot of luck, don't you?

• Options
    Great race reports, thanks to all that made the munchkin a great part of the weekend, I am sure she enjoyed it and the pictures just prove it, was great racing and supporting for the whole weekend, and for the first time before a race, drinking lol, a discipline I am still taking part in.

High points for me, far too many, all finishers, the comedic value of the piss taking pirate massive as always is gold, I think sometimes we get called for being a bit cliquey, I think we are just misunderstood lol.

Down sides, the guys who didn't complete for one reason or another, great heart b and desire to sort it next time
  • Options
    Artful Hen wrote (see)

Loving the reports. PKim  - you are well 'ard, aren't you?!  Loved the comment about giving someone the ''fingers up'... think you mean 'thumbs up'!!

There might have been a mix of both at some point image... we did meet at the athletes village and congratulated each other.
  • Options
    TRTR ✭✭✭

Well done folks, great reading, very inspirational stuff.

mellifera sounds very fit (in an athletic way - of course)

• Options
    fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭
    "deliciously hypocritical"

yes - quite right... image

and it made me spit coffee over the keyboard
  • Options
    Race report:
    Swam 1:18 and shrapnel off no training. Have previously done 1:09 off lots of training . training truly is over-rated.
    Handed chip to decent cyclist and toddled off for supporting, schnitzel and beer.
    Crossed line with esteemed runner and cyclist; got medal and kiss from Chrissie W.

Big thanks to my wonderful team-mates, Rosey the ace cyclist and Aitch the marathonner. Cheap medal for me; you two worked hard in that heat. fear not, I had a nice cool beer for both of you.

Congratulations to:
    Barley for 2 in two weeks to include a stonking PB!
    Donald for finishing so well despite not entirely expecting to start. Cracking effort.
    Melli for looking cheerful and strong in the last few k despite revealing later that she just wanted to stop
    Foggy for being a speedy git
    Pkim for a great finish
    My 'express' chum Bassy for PBing every damn thing. Enjoy your retirement image
    Aitch for her first marathon

Commiserations to:
    Rodeo Clown for that there knee injury
    Likewise IW for her calf
    Meldy for being allergic to Germany. Heartbreaking...
    Tonka for having a bad day; I prescribe some long bikes and a peaceful life in which to do them

and most of all to Kanga; brilliant effort to get your moneysworth after not making it for pneumatic reasons...and as I said at the party, I'm really sorry about the tyre jokes.

Thanks to Anna and Jj and Snailers and Petal for accompanying Squish and me throughout the day; I had real fun!
  • Options
    fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭
    listening to the radio this morning they played Michael Bouble's version of "Cry me a River".........

feck me - the opening couple of bars are right out of the Challenge anthem and both me an P thought the start gun was going to go off in a mo! after hearing that fricking anthem so many times last w/e it gets ingrained in your head.

I wonder who sampled who?? most odd
  • Options
    JWrunJWrun ✭✭✭
    It was also the theme for the winter olympics in canadia image
  • Options
    JjJj ✭✭✭
    FB - I was in the bath when that came on! LOL - I was wondering why it seemed so familiar when it is essentially quite different from the original. image
  • Options
    Wonderful race reports folks, and hilarious summary of everything/one Oxy.  Really is inspiring for IMR!  image
  • Options
    Tonka, phone Debbo, buy her px with 650 wheels then you will have a bike that fits. You may find it helps!
  • Options
    although you will need to actually ride it on occasion too!
  • Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

Can anybody remember any of the prizes?  Who won what?

Thankyouplease.

• Options
    M..o.useM..o.use ✭✭✭

Noooooo!!!!!!

How dare they!?!!?

• Options
    Tell me about it honey. Bastards!
    Ditchy got sandbagger
    Melli quickest lady
    Cheerful Dave quick geezer
    Novice 145 Pkim
    Grumpy tired legs
    crappest supporters Jo and Zuppy, who were shagging all day in the hotel I think!!! (I made the shagging bit up, but they didnt leave the hotel)
    Camp Runner, surely was Foggy, the gaylord
    Quote was IronWolg
    All Gear no Idea Barley AGAIN
    Lifetime achievment for tosspotness Barley
    Lots of idea no gear Funkin
    Supporter Jj

Cant remember any others cos I was well pissed!
  • Options
    Oh and Most claret oozed went to Oxys nipple, and injury went to Meldys wasp sting on the arris!
  • Options

i didn't win anything either bassy - i've won one thing in 4 trips so you're doing better than me!

errr.......

smiliest - carl

grumpiest - tired legs

all the idea no gear - funkin

misplaced nationality - DrM

quote - ironwolf

something i can't remember - fb

agrophobics/den benson award - smiley and zuppy

most improved - foggy

campest runner - foggy

something related to punctures - kanga

something else i can't remember - rodeo

best novice / most piratey - pkim

best supporter -Jj

best junior supporter - jack

youngest pirate - teya

• Options
    LOL well we sort of agreed all though I prefer my explanation of Jo and Zuppys award!
  • Options
    SANDBAGGER'S! we forgot - Ditchy!
  • Options
    I mean I forgot image
  • Options
    fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭
    "something i can't remember - fb"

that was the relay prize - just happened to be a barrel of beer that I think Debbo might have struggled to get home in her suitcase!! so me and P took it......
  • Options
    fat buddhafat buddha ✭✭✭
    "crappest supporters Jo and Zuppy, who were shagging all day in the hotel I think!!! (I made the shagging bit up, but they didnt leave the hotel)"

Jo did say to me "well we are newlyweds" when I asked why they cba to turn up so maybe they were shagging ..... image
  • Options

very public spirited of you. you could have drunk the beer, popped in debbo and her suitcase and launched the barrel into the channel. 

• Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    i want my share of that beer FB because i never win anything image