Options

Calling all Virgin London Marathon 2010 hopefuls

Comments

• Options

Morning all, sleep not disturbed by any phone calls so guess they have their 6.

Very windy and stormy here, need to put in long run this weekend but forecast much better for tomorrow, so probably will be tomorrow.  Have a 10 mile race the following weekend so will change my running pattern to decrease mileage as the week goes on.

Despite not winning a place the banter on here has been very funny.  Hope somebody who has been on the thread gets a place though, it'll feel like you know the person you're voting for.

• Options

EP have slept with my phone all week.  We've become good friends though she has been just a bit quiet for me!

• Options

Morning all, sleep not disturbed by any phone calls so guess they have their 6.

Very windy and stormy here, need to put in long run this weekend but forecast much better for tomorrow, so probably will be tomorrow.  Have a 10 mile race the following weekend so will change my running pattern to decrease mileage as the week goes on.

Despite not winning a place the banter on here has been very funny.  Hope somebody who has been on the thread gets a place though, it'll feel like you know the person you're voting for.

• Options
    EP, seems you could be right, she'll be downstairs tonight.  And don't know how that happened but the post I put on here at 10.10 has reappeared at 10.31!
  • Options

Evil Pixie - all my club places have been taken for next years race (2010) so I'll deffo get a place for 2011

No phonecalls here either, but I guess the folks at RW don't do weekends, and that the top 18-24 have already been chosen.

Still, I'm looking forward to seeing who did get picked, it's almost like xfactor, hopefully without the likes of Jedward image

• Options

There's obviously something wrong with my email, RW couldn't get me by phone yesterday evening (out partying) but they forgot to send the email to say I was in.

I like the idea of beer and pies diet for marathons, maybe my diet is why my time isn't improving, not enough beer and pies.  Current diet, coffee, mars bars, breakfast pasty (sausage, bacon, egg & beans in a pasty), coke, red bull and mars bars, then when I get home a 'proper' meal with the family (OH chops up the veggies so I can't see them image ) and a beer.

Oh well, I'll have to go to little WLs 5th birthday party on 5th December now - another cunning plan to escape from the kiddies party scuppered.

• Options
    JF5 - i agree with EP, she just doesn't seem committed to the relationship!! Just went out for a 10 miler and managed to get back JUST before the heavens opened. I think I need to relocate to sunnier climes for the winter months, I'm not a fan of running in the rain...it does seem to make me quicker though!! So that's a bonus image
  • Options

I love running in the rain image

Just not if it's blowing a hooligan image

• Options

Smiley JG, yep, she's out of it.

Personally I don't mind rain when running, actually a light drizzle normally makes for perfect conditions, its just hard to go out in if it is coming down in stair rods style.  Once you're out though you're committed.  Or I suppose most non runners would say you should be committed!

• Options

I don't like wind when running. I'm worried something may happen????.....I do love running in the rain tho, the looks you get from people in their little metal airconditioned smelly things on wheels makes me laugh out loud!.......Sorry no-one appears to have got in. How are we supposed to vote for anyone now???....They just don't care do they?....image~

. Good luck with the race John, I'm not racing until after Christmas now, may have to have an operation on my leg shortly, so have to rest up for a while.

• Options
    I think the names are revealed on Monday so then the voting is opened.   So check back on Monday for the fun to begin
  • Options

Are they going to honour the voting system then?

Or ignore it as usual?image

• Options
    No idea but I would imagine they will have the final say.
  • Options

I feel like Simon Cowell.....image

But with slightly less chest hair.image

• Options
    Only slightly less LB?.....I'm pleased to hear that???....image~
  • Options
    Simon Hart 6 wrote (see)

Reading the GFA rules you only need to prove you have completed a marathon in the qualifying time by means of either a certificate or newspaper clipping, nothing is said about UKAA.

Having said that getting the GFA is only the first hurdle to cross.  I managed FLM last year in 2:47, but did not get my GFA application form until 4 days before the closing date.  Sent it back straight away registered post, but with all the Royal Mail chaos never reached VLM in time.  So was rejected on the basis that my entry was late.

So it is Edinburgh for me

How frustrating Simon! That must have been gutting.

Reading between the lines about the Cambridge Boundary Run, I doubt there'll be a certificate or a newspaper to clip!

• Options
    Sharon Nettleton 2 wrote (see)

edinburgh marathon it is for me

xx

I did edinburgh as my first marathon in 2006 and loved it....enjoy...

waiitng for the voting monday..........the marathon i'm doing is only taking 250 people so is going to be much quieter than London..........but I have got a guaranteed entry for Londoin in 2011

• Options
    No phone call here either image
  • Options

I'll be very interested to see who they chosen to be on the short list.

With respect to those picked last time, some of them had very similar aspirations and it appeared a bit samey.

• Options
    My marathon plans for next year as yet are London, with probability of Edinburgh and Amsterdam. Will no doubt add some more though.
  • Options
    LIVERBIRD wrote (see)
    andy sly wrote (see)
    LIVERBIRD wrote (see)
    andy sly wrote (see)
    I guess the chances weren't great but i really thought I'd get shortlisted, bugger !

Not you again Andy?image

It was criminal you didn't get picked last time, never mind this year!

I hope they choose a worthy speed demon if they're not having you honey.

Cheers Laura, yeah me again, very deflated this evening but what the hell it made me more determined to do well this year and it will do for next April.

My feeling is that the judges just couldn't see how they could deflect me away from my nutrional plans of beer and pies, and as such I would blow away the pasta - water myth  image

You're MY super sixer Andy! Blog it anyway!

I like peeps who can run quick marathons on beer and pies! imageimage

Vicki: Graceless Whippet wrote (see)

I wish I could run quicker on beer & pies, but alas I think it's gonna have to come down to the healthy stuff. 

Lets not mention last night's pizza image

Though it was abuse-your-body-Friday - I am pretty good for the rest of the week image

Andy - you could start a thread called "Andy: the 7th super sixer, the fish that got away"  I'd happily subscribe image

I might just do that, might be a bit dull though.

Monday: Ran 6 miles ate chips, drank lager
    Tuesady Ran 8 miles ate curry, drank guinness
    Weds : Ran to toilet

• Options
    Reading Wrinkly Lurker's message reminded me of the date 5th December for first meet up, I will still be in London as Rovers are away to Crystal Palace, so if someone doesn't show I'll be in the vicinity if RW call me image. Ring "The Moon Under Water" in Leicester Square after 10:30am and I'll be in. image
  • Options

Beautiful run this morning despite weather forecast and last two days of torrential rain and wind. Sun was out, no wind, very calm, and still yellow leaves on the trees. Eight miler with a pit stop for coffee at the end.

Set up up for the day!