Options

'Round The Coast Of Great Britain Run

Comments

• Options

Wow - this idea seems to have really taken off.

I'm in Sussex, I see that there is already quite a group of runners for that bit, but if there's room can I join in? - E.Sussex; nr Eastbourne. I'm no great runner - 40 miles in a day would near kill me right now.

• Options
    BM, the general attitude is the more the merrier, add yourself into the relevant area
  • Options

Blackpool- Gretna

Gretna- Ayr

Ayr-Fort William

Oban - Fort William  (Offord MH)

Fort William to Ullapool

Ullapool ton Wick

Wick to Aberdeen

Loon dod, Christmas Duck

Aberdeen To Edinburgh

Hamish Williams

Edinburgh To South Shields

Durham Dawdler, lee The Pea

South Shields to Grimsby

Soup Dragon

Grimsby to Great Yarmouth

gemma DG, Cake

Great Yarmouth to Southend

Lardarse, slo sho,, shimmster, Flat Footed

Southend To Portsmouth

K8,Dark vader, Sunluvva,Murky

Portsmouth to Plymouth

Dubai Dave, Pauls4 ,runnaholic, Johnny Blaze

Plymouth to Bristol

Necessary evil

Bristol to Aberystwyth

Aberystwyth to Flint

mitiog ,Camlo

Flint to Blackpool

hoose , paul williams, james morris, mark s

• Options
    Good King Hooselessness wrote (see)

ta for info mark. Will look it upimage

gotta fill in some more spaces first I get. When we are almost there we can look at charities more. Someone may have more idea than me on how to approach this aspect

Got a lot of experiance with this because of a conmunity festival help run in sheffield called peace in the park. Problem is because everyboby has different idea's about a worthy cause it can make people sulk and throw there toys out of the pram.

The way we get round this is to have a free for all, open to any charaty. Each charaty gives a little pitch and then anyone involved be it a chief or not votes on what charaty gets any money raised each year. It's split between one local and one national charaty 50 - 50. But think that would be unworkable for this. So thinking anyone off here or elsewhere could nominate a charaty for this on a specail thread and then anyone running this votes on which one to do it for? Unless you guys and girls want to do this every year (might be a good ideaimage) best to set up a just giving account straight into the charity nominated because if it had to be set up as a trust and then a cheque for the cause would mean there being a treasurer, chairman (hoose) and legal and possibly tax stuff, which is very, very dull.image

If more than one charaty involved would have to set up as a trust and then pass on after all in the bank. Co-op are very good for that by the way. image

• Options

Hi all

sunluvva -the categories above are stretches of coast that goes all around the country. What you wanna run has got to be in one of them. Your stretch is in between southend and portsmouth innit? If it is a bit in 2 categories that is fine. We need abbout 10 peops per category it seems.

Cake -ta for imput on charity. May be worth putting charities to the vote once we filled in districts and then do a justgiving thingy. I was thinking, though , that each participant/region who wants to could open a justgiving account for their bit of the venture as "part of the Coastal Run" and choose own charity. I know very little on this though.

still we gotta good early response. It would be great if we could mither the regions under -represented in the categories.

In my simple mind it is about getting Barry The Batton Around the Coast (as near as poss). It is a forum event and up to us all to make it happen. Many of us are involved in clubs and they can get peops to do a strtech too and give idea of how many in the categories. Could be a yearly forum event you know. Summat we can all share in-I dunno. No word from Big Cheif RW yet,

• Options

Bikermouse-popped ypou in a category(hope I got right one). The more in a category the less we are likely to run 

Blackpool- Gretna

Gretna- Ayr

Ayr-Fort William

Fort William to Ullapool

Ullapool ton Wick

Wick to Aberdeen

Loon dod, Christmas Duck

Aberdeen To Edinburgh

Hamish Williams

South Shields to Grimsby

Soup Dragon

gemma DG, Cake

Southend To Portsmouth

Portsmouth to Plymouth

Dubai Dave, Pauls4 ,runnaholic, Johnny Blaze,bikermouse

Plymouth to Bristol

Necessary evil

Bristol to Aberystwyth

Aberystwyth to Flint

mitiog ,Camlo

Flint to Blackpool

• Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭

I'd love to do a bit, but not a really huge bit! I'm a West Sussex frog very near Portsmouth.

Blackpool- Gretna Gretna- Ayr Ayr-Fort William Oban - Fort William (Offord MH) Fort William to Ullapool Ullapool ton Wick Wick to Aberdeen Loon dod, Christmas Duck Aberdeen To Edinburgh Hamish Williams Edinburgh To South Shields Durham Dawdler, lee The Pea South Shields to Grimsby Soup Dragon Grimsby to Great Yarmouth gemma DG, Cake Great Yarmouth to Southend Lardarse, slo sho,, shimmster, Flat Footed Southend To Portsmouth K8,Dark vader, Sunluvva,Murky Portsmouth to Plymouth Dubai Dave, Pauls4 ,runnaholic, Johnny Blaze, Limper, Plymouth to Bristol Necessary evil Bristol to Aberystwyth Aberystwyth to Flint mitiog ,Camlo Flint to Blackpool hoose , paul williams, james morris, mark s

• Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭
    Oh bu99er. I've messed up a perfectly respectable list.
  • Options

each bit counts Limper -taimage 

Blackpool- Gretna

Gretna- Ayr

Ayr-Fort William

Fort William to Ullapool

Ullapool ton Wick

Wick to Aberdeen

Loon dod, Christmas Duck

Aberdeen To Edinburgh

Hamish Williams

South Shields to Grimsby

Soup Dragon

gemma DG, Cake

Southend To Portsmouth

Portsmouth to Plymouth

Dubai Dave, Pauls4 ,runnaholic, Johnny Blaze,bikermouse,limper

Plymouth to Bristol

Necessary evil

Bristol to Aberystwyth

Aberystwyth to Flint

mitiog ,Camlo

Flint to Blackpool

• Options
    mmm -nobody up for  dead top end of Scotland and Blackpool upwards yet.  We will have to start mitheringimage Is a peop who is involved a lot in Blackpool area events- may ask on a thread or two-lol
  • Options
    limperlimper ✭✭✭
    BTW - 'not a huge bit' means I am OK for about 35 miles image
  • Options

lol -pretty huge to meimage

my worry is getting peops for top end of Scotland -any ideas?

• Options
    Morning all image To be honest i'd happily do a bit of North of Scotland, possibly as well as an Edinburgh bit, though I couldn't do 40 miles or so, at least not in a day!!! Depends when it all kicks off and what not, as I don't want to sacrifice tooooo much tri training to do tons more running. Should be manageable though. I'll ask a couple of friends that aren't on here, but are always up for a bit of a mad challenge, and see if they'd be interested....if that is within the rules!
  • Options

Hi lee

you gotta do what you are comfy with. Do you know any peops that may do that bit. In my eyes there have gotta bbe runners that do up there pretty regular. That is an area where we have to decide the shortest possible route we can do "NEAR" the coast coz it is quite "raggy" and isolated. For me down here it is hard to imagine so need peops local/close to the area.

• Options
    I cannot see why this could not happen yearly or bi-yearly from the forum. Coz this is first, each category will have to work out the best route (eg from Blackpool-Gretna). Once all done and recorded we can link all and map the route for following years. Biggest relay round Britain I guess. An annual forum big relay sounds good.
  • Options

I can also fill in Thurso to Wick (42 miles) just to help get some more filled in in Scotland.  Lots more mileage up for grabs here - but I am sure it will need quite a bit to be done on some inland corner cutting roads in places, especially on the West Coast.

Blackpool- Gretna

Gretna- Ayr

Ayr-Fort William

Fort William to Ullapool

Ullapool to Wick

Thurso to Wick (Offord MH)

Wick to Aberdeen

Loon dod, Christmas Duck

Aberdeen To Edinburgh

Hamish Williams

South Shields to Grimsby

Soup Dragon

gemma DG, Cake

Southend To Portsmouth

Portsmouth to Plymouth

Plymouth to Bristol

Necessary evil

Bristol to Aberystwyth

Aberystwyth to Flint

mitiog ,Camlo

Flint to Blackpool

• Options
    I'd love to do a bit but are you coming anywhere in Kent at all?
  • Options
    cheers Offord MH image- I suspect there will be a bit of cutting in certain parts. Still this event will be pretty unique and hell of a challenge. Have "mithered" on a couple of threads in hope to get representation in the area. If we get 10 runners in each category or thereabouts we could pull it off.
  • Options
    Sorry Hoose, had a blonde moment there, I read Southampton to Portsmouth image.  I'm in the right category now and Bikermouse wants to be added in too. Ta. x
  • Options

you could do a chunk of Kent coast Cin. Just plop yourself in a category or tell us which oneimage

x

• Options
    That's why I was asking Hoose, couldn't see from the categories if you were coming this far South East? 
  • Options

Blackpool- Gretna

Gretna- Ayr

Ayr-Fort William

Fort William to Ullapool

Ullapool to Wick

Wick to Aberdeen

Loon dod, Christmas Duck

Aberdeen To Edinburgh

Hamish Williams

South Shields to Grimsby

Soup Dragon

gemma DG, Cake

Southend To Portsmouth

Portsmouth to Plymouth

Plymouth to Bristol

Necessary evil

Bristol to Aberystwyth

Aberystwyth to Flint

mitiog ,Camlo

Flint to Blackpool

• Options

what it is Cin -each category cover all coast between 2 places. And all country is covered so you gotta fit in somewhere. I suspect you are somewhere between Southend and Portsmouth  coast wise.

• Options

Okey doke image

Blackpool- Gretna

Gretna- Ayr

Ayr-Fort William

Fort William to Ullapool

Ullapool to Wick

Wick to Aberdeen

Loon dod, Christmas Duck

Aberdeen To Edinburgh

Hamish Williams

South Shields to Grimsby

Soup Dragon

gemma DG, Cake

Southend To Portsmouth

K8,Dark vader, Sunluvva,Murky, Cinders

Portsmouth to Plymouth

Plymouth to Bristol

Necessary evil

Bristol to Aberystwyth

Aberystwyth to Flint

mitiog ,Camlo

Flint to Blackpool

• Options

Are the distances for each section about the same Hoose?  And about how far (roughly of course)?  Sorry if this is a stupid question or has already been said.  I'm just curious. 

I've managed to get Mr Soup involved now.  This is looking really good - I think the planning is going to be as much fun as the event too.  

• Options
    great stuff Cinimage You can do what bit of coast is near you. Eventuarlly each peops in each category will work out between em who does what bit and passes to who. The more in a category the shorter a persons bit will be. I want 20 in mine-lol
  • Options
    I'd hope for a few more too Hoose, there's rather a lot of coast here in Margate!!!
  • Options

Hi TSD - some are slightly longer than others as they were merely picked to break coast up. The more the merrier in each region.

Once we got enough in each (or close to) A start can e worked out and we will all know round abbout which region is being done at a particular time. Will be great forum viewing and entertainment cheering eachother region on when it is there turnimage

• Options
    Cinders wrote (see)
    I'd hope for a few more too Hoose, there's rather a lot of coast here in Margate!!!
    i am certain there will e a good few Cin. We can all ask our running freinds and stuff and recruit. My God I am-lol
  • Options

Does this thread need one of those controversial sticky things that puts it to the top?  What do you think? image