Options

"Coasting Round Britain - Ullapool to Durness"

Comments

• Options

Hi All... It's me, Barry, dropping by to say 'hello'image

This stretch is looking great - mostly filled but we still need coasters to take up the unfilled legs....any takers??? I promise to be good...image  Even if you just run a little bit we'll be able to link it with other Coasters.  I really don't want to think that I might have to travel in the postie van again to get to places.image.. Coasters are much better company and I get to see the beautiful scenery tooimage

• Options

Do we have any one up for the first leg or part of it yet????? Can all on here ask around and see who is available to do some or all of that first leg? 

Current situation :

Ullapool to Badnagyle - 18m  evening of 13th JUNE or 14th JUNE

Badnagyle to Lochinver - 11m  Jimmy Hendry
    Lochinver to cattle grid between Drumbeg & Nedd - 13m  David Jones & Samantha Richards
    Cattle grid between Drumbeg and Nedd to the end of the B869 (junction with A894) 8m Trish K
    A894 Jct to Scourie - 10m  Victoria Hendry
    Scourie to Rhiconich - 12m  Victoria Hendry
    Rhiconich to Durness - 14m  Jill64 & Mr JillJ64
    Durness to Cape Wrath to Durness - 22m  Frances Arrowsmith

Which leaves us with to be placed ... :

Hole in the Leg
    Alice Snow (strong maybe)     what can you guys here do please???

Can all please ensure that "Message Me" facility is turned on in their profile - it will say "message member" in the footer of any message that you post if it is turned on.

• Options
    hole intheleg wrote (see)
    hi. help! i was running 2 legs of this. unfortunately i have to pull out with injury post marathon. i was signed up to do north berwick and berwick upon tweed sections. annoyed

Guess we can take it from the above that Hole intheleg will not be running in this stretch!

• Options
    Hi,

I'm from the previous stretch - just to let you know we're hoping to get Barry to Ullapool for 6pm on the 13th June.

Note I'm still waiting for confirmation from on runner about this so I'll let you know as soon as we're definite.

Thanks

Iain
  • Options

Iain.............anyone on your thread able to help out on the 14th with a few miles. We have a section here that is not covered yet. THE FIRST SECTION>>>>>>>>>>>> spread the word we need some Scottish help on the first 18 miiles the rest is covered.

THANKS spread the word please.

• Options

Hi,

Have mailed Alice to see if the evening of 13th or the 14th  is any good for her to run a bit.

Alison

• Options
    Alice Snow wrote (see)

Thanks for the email, Alison.

I'd really like to do the first stretch out of Ullapool but would prefer to split it (got  the Highland Cross on Sat 19 June) - how about sharing it, Alison? -  I could give you a lift across and back.

Sam, my son, would run some too, maybe 5 miles. 

Let me know if that's any good.

Alice

If Alice and her son do say...... 5miles each of the first leg... it would only leave 8 for someone else... but let's see if Alice confirms okay for the 13th or 14th June.....
  • Options
    Has anyone approached the Ullapool Running Club tabout the Ullapool to Badnagyle section ?   There ought to be someone there that could be recruited.
  • Options

hi Trish,

I for one made conact some time ago, however, that was in the early stages. Really I would prefer someone local to approach clubs up there.  Thanks for a reminder though

Stu

• Options

morning,

Alice, Rob and Sam Shaw will run the Ullapool to Badnagyle - 18m  evening of 13th JUNE prefferred, but could do the 14th of June if it came down to that! imageimageimage

• Options
    nice one Alisonimage
  • Options

Current situation :

Ullapool to Badnagyle - 18m Alice, Rob & Sam Shaw evening of 13th JUNE or 14th JUNE

Badnagyle to Lochinver - 11m  Jimmy Hendry
    Lochinver to cattle grid between Drumbeg & Nedd - 13m  David Jones & Samantha Richards
    Cattle grid between Drumbeg and Nedd to the end of the B869 (junction with A894) 8m Trish K
    A894 Jct to Scourie - 10m  Victoria Hendry
    Scourie to Rhiconich - 12m  Victoria Hendry
    Rhiconich to Durness - 14m  Jill64 & Mr JillJ64
    Durness to Cape Wrath to Durness - 22m  Frances Arrowsmith

Can all please ensure that "Message Me" facility is turned on in their profile - it will say "message member" in the footer of any message that you post if it is turned on.
  • Options
    Excellent news thanks to Alice Rob and Sam briliant Coasters spirit. Thanks for that keep spreading the word as its going to be tough to keep Barry riding round the Coast. SPREAD THE WORD.image
  • Options
    Hi All,

just to let you know we have confirmed time for Barry to hit Ullapool at 6pm on 13th, so leaves you a bit of daylight to get started that evening if you want to.

I was just about to do a request onto the previous leg for runners for this stretch but you seem to have it all sewn up! Fantastic job!

Iain
  • Options

That's great Iain, I will let Alice Rob & Sam know.. they will manage to do thier leg on the 13th too now.

FAB! image

• Options
    Full stretch, fantastic. And all without a co-ordinator too! Well done everyone on this stretch for pulling together.
  • Options

Current situation :

Ullapool to Badnagyle - 18m Alice, Rob & Sam Shaw evening of 13th JUNE 6pm ish onwards

Badnagyle to Lochinver - 11m  Jimmy Hendry  14th?
    Lochinver to cattle grid between Drumbeg & Nedd - 13m  David Jones & Samantha Richards 15th?
    Cattle grid between Drumbeg and Nedd to the end of the B869 (junction with A894) 8m Trish K 15th?
    A894 Jct to Scourie - 10m  Victoria Hendry 16th?
    Scourie to Rhiconich - 12m  Victoria Hendry 16th?
    Rhiconich to Durness - 14m  Jill64 & Mr JillJ64 17th?
    Durness to Cape Wrath to Durness - 22m  Frances Arrowsmith18th/19th?

could everyone now think about the days/times of running after Alice, Rob and Sam have finished on the 13th?  be good to get this wrapped up by the end of the 19th June? imageimage

• Options
    Well done guys. Happy running and good luck to all you coasters.image
  • Options
    Its looking like the Lochinver to A894 junction section might be happening on the 14th from the above. Could you confirm how David, Sam and I will know when we are due to start, please.
  • Options

We need Jimmy and Victoria to confirm when running please? WiIl Jimmy run during the day on the 14th?

Once dates are confirmed, we need also to sort out hand over locations. Also if everyone lets me have their mobile and email address via Private message on here.. I will collate it all and sort out so that everyone has the info needed to make successful hand overs. 

Alison 

• Options
    mikelfc www.coastersgb.co.uk wrote (see)
    And all without a co-ordinator too!
    Although Alison has done a great job as unofficial co-ordinator for this stretch, thanks
  • Options
    hey - possibly got a fella, Ross from SHR, for first sections too as long as 13th-14th June or before image Refered him here.
  • Options
    Hi I now have my off duty for June and can do the stretch up to the light house and back on 19th or 20th, this will need to be coordinated with ferry crossings and possible military activity. I live locally so don't need a map and will be collecting the baton from a friend. However, where do I hand over Barry and who is doing the next stage from Durness?
    Thanks
    Frances
  • Options
    "off duty" -are you a nurse Frances?
  • Options

Frances, great if you could do it on the 19th? Will you check out the Ferry/military situation?

You will be passing Barry to Tom Bullock in Durness somewhere, do you have anywhere in mind? we can then check that it suits Tom.

A

• Options

PS if you have any more running friends... aquaintances etc... we still need runners for the stretch before between Oban and Ullapool... so persuade someone you know to do a wee bit if you can!imageimage

• Options
    yip-get your granny to do a mile on her zimmerimage
  • Options
    Stu www.coastersgb.co.uk wrote (see)
    hey - possibly got a fella, Ross from SHR, for first sections too as long as 13th-14th June or before image Refered him here.
    Could he be persauded to do a bit in the stretch before... ? you should email him Stuimage
  • Options
  • Options
    Still no maps published on the website for this stretch and you will be running soon?? Remember to keep in touch with your thread and make sure you can be contacted(turn on your message member button). Good luck to all Coasters.