Options

"Coasting Round Britain - Ullapool to Durness"

Comments

• Options
    ?  is that just for me to put myself down once lame!
  • Options
    image...lol, I wasn't quick enough to notice that!image Thought it was cigar!image
  • Options

I'm a bit worried that there has been no contact from Victoria yet in response to PM and messages on the thread!

We may need to form a back plan here just in-case we do not hear from her.... any thoughts?

• Options
    Just possible that some of the competitors in yesterday's Assynt Triathlon could be contacted and might be up for covering the missing sections. Lochinver to Badnagyle was part of the event yesterday so that will be familiar to lots of people but Newton to Rhiconich might be more difficult.
  • Options
    image still nothing from the Hendrys!  Trish.. do you have any contacts that could help from above or otherwise?
  • Options

Current situation : Action needed

Ullapool to Badnagyle - 18m Alice, Rob & Sam Shaw evening of 13th JUNE 6pm ish onwards - okay

Badnagyle to Lochinver - 11m  Jimmy Hendry  14th?
    Lochinver to cattle grid between Drumbeg & Nedd - 13m  David Jones & Samantha Richards 14/15th okay
    Cattle grid between Drumbeg and Nedd to the end of the B869 (junction with A894) 8m Trish K 14/15th okay
    A894 Jct to Scourie - 10m 
    Victoria Hendry 14th/15th?
    Scourie to Rhiconich - 12m  Victoria Hendry 14th/15?
    Rhiconich to Durness - 14m  Jill64 & Mr JillJ64 17th okay

Durness to Cape Wrath to Durness ferry at Keodale - 22m  Frances Arrowsmith19th - okay

We are almost ready here all that is needed is for Victoria and Jimmy to confirm ASAP that they can run too on the proposed dates, it is possible that all the legs from Badnagyle - Richoninch could be run on the 14th &/or 15th, this would enable Victoria and Jimmy to run on the same day or consecutive days. It is my understanding they are travelling a fair distance to take part. image

• Options

imageimage

Anyone.. with any ideas, help, suggestions for the legs that Jimmy and Victoria are down for... as a back up at least, time is running out and unless they confirm in the next day or two we will have no-one to run these bits. 

Rope in a friend or two to do a few miles if you possibly can!

• Options

have you got their mails Alison?

I couldn't find any of theirs-surprisingly.

• Options
    I PM'd Victoriaimage
  • Options
    no.... nobody has their email address! I have sent several PM's too!
  • Options
    best sort out as if they are not doing it then. It aint a very big stretch is it?
  • Options
    was there not a strong maybe-Alice Snow?
  • Options
    yes, Alice, Rob and Sam are running the first bit out of Ullapool on sunday,
  • Options
    it is frustrating when no contact is made so close to start of stretch.image We always make it clear that contacts should be made regular especially in last 3 weeks or so
  • Options

are The Hendrys connected to anybody on legs close to?

wonder if they are jogscotland peops?

• Options
    ??? I really have no idea.. I haven't been following this stretch from the start!  just roped in to help by default!
  • Options
    she is on  Edinburgh- South Shields  too .
  • Options

yeah.. but I don't think she has said much on there either?

I am about to leave in 10mins.. so no time to check it out right now... but will do later on maybe... if not too tired when we get home. 

• Options
    no probs -take it easy image
  • Options
    I've contacted the Ullapool Running Club and there is a possibility they might be able to cover the Badnagyle to Lochinver section.  I could also try to see if I can find anyone for the the A894/B869 Junction to Rhiconnich section - it's a long stretch but might be possible. I'll make a few phone calls this evening. (This is Peter, TrishK's husband, by the way)
  • Options

thanks Peter,

Would be good if you could..image

• Options

I will be speaking to Alice Snow tomorrow night to discuss the relay... hope I can tell her who she can pass Barry toimage

• Options

Just popped onto say good luck with this stretch only to find most of the same names as on the last few stretches!!! Here's hoping you get contact from the non-responders soon and that this stretch goes smoothly

• Options

great stuff Peterimage. I have mailed them a couple of times and dont know how many times Alison has.

Do any of other coasters for here know Victoria?

• Options

Ullapool to Badnagyle - 18m Alice, Rob & Sam Shaw evening of 13th JUNE 6pm ish onwards - okay

Badnagyle to Lochinver - 11m  Jimmy Hendry  14th?
    Lochinver to cattle grid between Drumbeg & Nedd - 13m  David Jones & Samantha Richards 14/15th okay
    Cattle grid between Drumbeg and Nedd to the end of the B869 (junction with A894) 8m Trish K 14/15th okay
    Victoria Hendry 14th/15th?
    Scourie to Rhiconich - 12m  Victoria Hendry 14th/15?

Durness to Cape Wrath to Durness ferry at Keodale - 22m  Frances Arrowsmith19th - okay

We are almost ready here all that is needed is for Victoria and Jimmy to confirm ASAP that they can run too on the proposed dates, it is possible that all the legs from Badnagyle - Richoninch could be run on the 14th &/or 15th, this would enable Victoria and Jimmy to run on the same day or consecutive days. It is my understanding they are travelling a fair distance to take part. image

• Options

Have removed the Hendrys until they contact us.We should try to sort out regardless in case they do not show.

Badnagyle to Lochinver - 11m 
    Scourie to Rhiconich - 12m 

• Options
    From my list we had a Ross Bannerman express interest in this stretch, has anyone contacted him before I track him down?
  • Options
    I did some time agto. Perhaps you can track him down againimage