Options

2010 - 1000 miles

Comments

• Options
    Thanks Small good luck with the 10ks!
  • Options

A 9 miler from me tonight (3 miles slow run with friend, 6 miles at 'slightly faster' than normal pace)

This Week: 9 miles

Month: 43.55 miles

Year: 359.7

• Options

3 mile speed session in the heat tonight. Sweat streaming down my face at the end!

This Week: 12 miles

Month: 46.55 miles

Year: 362.7

Trying to get to 400 miles by the end of the month, to try and have a bumper June to keep myself on track! Just about on track!

• Options

5.25 miles in the sun tonight. The green flies tasted quite nice as well! image

This Week: 17.25 miles

Month: 51.8 miles

Year: 367.95

Right shin was hurtng running today though - go for a swim tomorrow and see if that helps.

• Options
    3.26 miles this morning last run before Edinburgh on sunday. Fly tomorrow morning and will update my totals next week, i think the marathon takes me up yo 777 for the year.
  • Options
    BadbarkBadbark ✭✭✭

I hope all goes well in Edinburgh WR, although it looks like a hot one. Good luck.

Good running MA, I hope your shin pain clears.

Disaster stuck me this week. On Thursday I noticed a fluid swelling on my knee about the size of half a golf ball. I rested for three day but after speaking to a physio decided to risk a run this morning. My knee hasn’t gotten any worse but I’ve to go to my GP to get it drained with a syringe. Yuck! I also might have to go on antibiotics. This is not what I needed a week before a marathon!

Week – 21

Month – 112.70

2010 - 818

• Options

Hope Edinburgh went well WR...?

Badbark - image Hope things clear up in time???

Decided not to do the long run on Sunday due to shin, and back off. Did another 3.25 miles on Saturday though:

This Week: 20.5 miles

Month: 55.05 miles

Year: 371.2

• Options
    As you guys probably know Edinburgh was just a tad warm on sunday, 25 degrees to be precise so a lot of people had to revise their times. I wanted sub-4 and ended up with 4.07, initially I was disappointed but am happy now.
    Badbark, i was on antibiotics the week before Edinburgh due to a sinus infection and ended up just doing 3 quality runs that week, but felt a lot better at Edinburgh than I did at Belfast, even though I was slower!

Good luck Badbark for Newry, MA you're best listening to the body and backing off if it needs it, hope you're back to form soon.
  • Options

Well done WR - great time, especially considering the conditions. My mate was doing really well until mile 16 and his knee just went. Fair play to him in that he hobbled the last 10 miles home!

Good luck Badbark.

Decided not to run last night and went swimming instead. Went out for a 4 miler and shin started hurting again. Might give swimming and running another go, and then maybe book in for a physio next week if no better.

This Week: 4 miles

Month: 59.05 miles

Year: 375.2

• Options
    BadbarkBadbark ✭✭✭

Well done WR, that’s a brilliant performance under those conditions and having to take antibiotics the week before!

MA – Sorry to hear about your continued shin problems. A physio appointment sounds like a good idea.

• Options
    Cheers just been for a sports massage and had all the grizzle in my quads smoothed out, she recommended resting for a few days and that sounds like a good idea!
  • Options

Step back everyone - I've just had the best run of the year so far!!! imageimage

You know when you look at your watch and the miles have flown by and you feel great - well it finally happened for probably the 1st time this year tonight. I also set an 'unofficial' 10 mile PB! Shame it was just a training run. Maybe it was karma for finally sending off the entry form for MK Half in July!

This Week: 14 miles

Month: 69.05 miles

Year: 385.2

• Options
    Yep know those runs MA, you just can't explain them. Hope the trend continues for you.
  • Options

Good stuff MA! I love those moments, just wish they'd happen more often. image

Badbark - I hope your knee is getting better.

Well done in Edinburgh WR. A great time in that heat!

Last week was fairly rubbish running wise. Only managed one run and that was on a race route and a rather hilly one at that!

7.9 miles that week.

This week has been slightly better.

Week - 27.14

Month - 90.40

Year - 452.19

Good running everyone. image

• Options
    Thanks Small, have had a quiet week, 4 runs with the furthest being 4.5 miles. Need to think about upping the mileage again as i'm getting lazy. 3.28 miles this morning and then a cycle with the kids before work. Total for the year now 794, really wanted to be at 800 by the end of may.
  • Options

It's got very quiet on here... image

WR - I'm sure you'll acheive your goal.

Last weeks running felt like a lot of hard work in the heat. Managed three 6 mile runs and a 10 mile long run up some very steep hills yesterday.

Week - 28

Month - 28

Year - 480.19

• Options

Think I've only got a 3.5 mile run to log. Took last week off to rest up my shin, planning a run tomorrow to see how things go...

Year: 388.7

• Options
    Good luck for tomorrows run MA, hope the shin is ok!image
  • Options
    At last i've passed the 800 mile mark!! image
  • Options

A gentle 5 mile run, ever so slightly sore shin tho - been doing extra stretches for it this evening.

This week: 5 miles

Year: 388.7

• Options

Oh - and WR - well done! 800 miles in 6 months! Amazing stuff.

Still dreaming of 2000? Or is that a bit too far?

• Options
    7.16 miles for me this morning in the rain again but not as bad as yesterday, up to 814.13 for the year. Hoping for 2010 miles in 2010!!

Hope the shin improves MA.
  • Options

Both shins sore. I'll stop moaning soon.

Gentle 3 miler this evening.

This week: 8

Year: 391.7

• Options
    Just over 6 miles yesterday, went for a sports massage on thursday to iron out the rough bits. 29.72 for the week and hoping to increase the mileage again, so a total of 820.17 for the year.
  • Options
    BadbarkBadbark ✭✭✭

I’ve been away for a while but it’s good to see you guys still running and posting.

I’m not long back from holidays and a well earned rest after two marathons in May. I completed the Newry marathon in a new pb of 3:26:31 which was only 28 days after my previous pb. I’m well chuffed.

Week: 28

Month: 28

2010: 891

• Options

Great PB, Badbark, have had a few niggles since my 2 marathons and still trying to increase the mileage to keep on target for my goal of 2010 miles this year.

Any more marathons coming up for you? I've no races now until the Mallorca marathon in october.

• Options
    Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭

Hello everyone. Not posted for a while as achilles injury really getting me down but at last made some progress after two failed returns to running. Went back to physio as i wasn't happy with my lack of progress and still aching knee. Was given three more strengthening exercises to add to my achilles exercises and its definately having a positive effect. I am stretching for around 90 minutes a day at the moment but after seeing some progress i'm really determined to stick at it.

Great to see some peeps flying towards their targets and really encourages me to stick at it as i want to join you in reaching my target (maybe not this year though).

Saturday April 17th- 2.05 miles - first run since 9th March, a little uncomfortable with adjustment to orthotics but satisfactory.

Sunday 18th April - 2.44 miles - Looking back was silly to go out two days running, a little ache in achilles after run.

Tuesday April 20th - 2.75 miles - didn't feel too bad after this run but still not right

Thursday 22nd April - 2.31 miles - Nice steady run again, seemed to be making progress

Sunday 25th April - 3.19 miles - A bit sore after this run, lots of icing etc

Tuesday 27th April - 2.65 miles - The nail in the coffin for my return, really sore after so running cancelled for time being.

Tuesday May 18th - Second attempt at return - 2.15 miles. much better today.

Friday 21st May - 1.99 - nice slow couple of miles turned into nughtmare, really sore at half way, pain eased a bit but every step painful for last half mile, time to rest, again!

Thusday June 3rd - 1.83 miles - After literally hundreds and hundreds of stretches another attempt at a return to running and this time feel much steadier on my feet. Felt like hard work even covering this distance but glad to finish pain free.

Sunday June 6th - 2.53 miles - Took it really slow today, and again pain free so really pleased.

Tuesday June 8th - 2.29 miles - Nice easy run again, and again no pain, things looking good.

Thursday June 10th - 3.41 miles - Super run, felt very strong, finished strong and had to hold myself back at times as pace increased without effort.

Sunday June 13th - 3.84 miles - longest run for some time and really pleasing one too. Felt quite tired at the end but getting there. Stretches are really helping and recovery time is seemingly speeding up after each run.

Week - 9.54

Month - 11.37

2010 - 129.18

• Options

Good luck JR, 90 mins stretching a day, I hate stretching and really have to force myself to do it. Hope the return goes okay. You could still meet the target, 800 miles in 6 months is achievable!! Go for it!

• Options

Been getting out on a bike and cut back on the running slightly.

Got a bit of disruption to my running coming up for the next fortnihgt, so hoping I might be back to normal after this little lay-off.

Anyway, 6 miler last night.

Last week: 14

Year: 397.7

• Options
    Still up for the 1000 this year MA?