Options

2010 - 1000 miles

Comments

• Options

Oh yes yes yes!!!..20 Mile today bang on 3 Hours and the best thing of all no problems with my hip...

Oh yes imageimage 

Wish everyday could be like today..

• Options
    Well done sbs!!
  • Options
    Haven't been out as much as I wanted this week. Laziness rather than anything else. imageBut another 5 miles last night with club - intervals - 5 minutes effort, 1 min recovery.
     Week: 8 miles

Month: 35.25 miles

Year:  163.5 miles

Might do something small tonight (3-5 miles), and then Silverstone Half Marathon on Sunday.

• Options

Oh well done SBS! It's a wonderful feeling isn't it? image

Good luck for Sunday MA!

I did a 5 mile social run with the club on Wednesday. I was going to take it easy but I felt all fired up after my race on Sunday and couldn't hold myself back. Really enjoyed the run even though my legs are still a bit stiff.

Next run will probably be on Sunday so not a very high mileage week again. I tried to do too much last year after the marathon and ended up being injured on and off for the rest of the year. Hopefully I have learned my lesson now....

Week - 5

Month - 31

Year - 242.55

• Options

Good luck for sunday MA.

Really enjoying the running at the mo since the weather's improving. Been back from Oz a month and feel like i need a holiday!

Up to 364.19 miles for the year, got an enjoyable 13.52 in this morning felt like going further but had to go to work.

Good luck everyone WR

• Options

230.61 miles so far this year.

That includes x2 5k races.

Best year since I started.

Finally after 3 years and 3 types of  shoe change I think I can actually run to my own satisfaction,

Better still my previous aches and pains are fading.

My good friend even says  to people "He runs" when at dinner I always have pudding and I get the usual " I wish I could eat what I like...." comments.

Bloody hell its apple crumble not arsenic!

Anyways I am lactose intolorant so cheese is to be avoided most of the time.

I really like cheese...image

• Options
    Welcome Stephen, yep one of the benefits is you can eat what you want.!
  • Options
    I managed to bag 2466 in 2009 and hope to keep that up for this coming year image

I've managed 514 so far this year so need to keep this up for the 2k or step up to go for 2.5k .................... I know one thing for sure, it takes a lot of graft and the old body knows it's been in a battle!
  • Options
    BadbarkBadbark ✭✭✭

Well done slowbutsure2.

I hope your half marathon goes well MovingAlong.

Good to hear about your improvements Stephen.

I agree small, don’t over do it if you are worried about injuries.

Good total WR and I agree about the NI weather change!

That’s some mileage Jon! Well done.

A new highest total run in a week for me including a 22 mile LSR and 13 mile mid week MP run. Feeling great and confident about running sub 3:30 in Belfast. I’ll be cutting back next week as I have a half marathon race on Saturday.

Week – 56.50

Month – 97.13

2010 – 424.13

• Options

Thanks for all the wishes. Silverstone was harder than I imagined it would be. Got round in 2:05 and with the disrupted training I think thats a fair reflection. It was hard work though, which is worrying considering its only 6 weeks to London. Maybe (hopefully!) I just had a bad day!

Last Week: 21 miles

Month: 48.25 miles

Year:  181.5 miles

I will stick to some kind of routine this weekend, starting with a nice 3 miler tonight to loosen out my legs.

• Options

Well done MA, that's a great time! image

Badbark - Great work on the mileage!

Welcome aboard Jon. That is some mileage you did last year! Good luck for this year. image

Hi and welcome to Stephen too! You're doing well, well done. I like being able to eat what I like too.

WR, the weather has improved vastly hasn't it, well done on your mileage to date!

I did a slow 7 yesterday. Still feeling it in the calves and left hamstring is a bit tight. Lovely run in the sun though. image

Last week - 12

Month - 38

Year - 249.55

Have a great weeks running everyone!

• Options

Well Done Moving Along, you've got to be happy with that time

A good hearty welcome to both Jon and Stephen

My mood has definatley lifted now its getting lighter and I have now more injury worries, life is good again

Last week was a good running week, only did 3 miles on Tuesday and 6 Miles on Thursday but I had a fantastic Kilomathon Race on Sunday, I ran the 26.2 KM in 2 Hours 15 min, my best race ever. After checking the mile times at home on the PC I also found I knocked 4 mins off my Half Marathon time image

Last Week - 25

Month - 53

Year - 109

Got some nice steady miles this week getting ready for the Nottingham Marathon in September.

• Options

Good running Badbark, assume you are running Larne on saturday? Unfortunately have to go to work so won't be able to go and if i was off it would have to be the six nations with a beer instead!

Got 18miles in yesterday morning at 6, holywood to bangor and back with the camelbak, really enjoyed the coastal path, just needed a change and i haven't ran there in years....grew up in holywood.

Good running on the kilomarathon crashtest!

6miles today so up to 387.35!

Good luck WR

• Options

Thanks for all the congratulations!

Well done CrashTest on the kilomarathon! Superb timing.

WR - great mileage you've got there. I always find it amazing what a different route does for running.

As promised, nice gentle 3 miler this evening. Tired legs after about 2.5 miles though. Can't run tomorrow due to football, but will head out for another gentle 3-5 miles on Wednesday, before club night on Thursday.

This Week: 3 miles

Month: 51.25 miles

Year:  184.5 miles

• Options

Last Week Totals

Week  41.32

Month  79.33

Year   277.67

Just ordered some new trainers,Whilst out on Sunday felt my toes getting cold when I looked down I could see the fluorescent colouring of my sock threw the front of my trainer,

Hope my new trainers break in well before London,I was thinking about a new pair in Jan, oh  I wish I had...image

Out tomorrow for a long run hope its dry...

• Options

Sbs i bought new trainers in Jan and still haven't broken them in! Will need to shortly only 7 weeks till the marathon i intend using them in.

Year to date...395.94

WR

• Options
    Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭

Evening all. Apologies for not posting but unfortunately i have no run to post.....Ran last Tuesday but my ankle was pretty sore all the way. It felt great after my run, but sore again in the morning. Played a very physical game of football the previous Saturday, followed by a 7 miler on Sunday, which i think was a little too much for me. The football has now been knocked on the head, i simply have to accept that i cannot do both. I have been stretching a lot and have a physio appointment next Friday (No, cannot afford to go private and get seen quicker).

On a better note i did manage a 20 minute session on the cross trainer tonight and although my ankle was aching a little on and off it feels fine now. Had a damn good stretch afterwards and going to attempt a very gentle 20 minute/2 mile run tomorrow if it feels good in the morning.

Just got my race number through for local 7 miler in April too..........I really should have known better and just stuck to my running!

Great running by everyone else by the way.....keep it up...  

• Options

Good luck Just Run - hope things clear up for you. image

Enjoy those new trainers slowbutsure. I had the same problem last year of changing trainers just before Edinburgh marathon - everything turned out right for me, so hope the same for you - and the same for you WR!

6 miler tonight. 2 miles at sub-9 minute mile pace, and tackled a massive hill as well. First good feeling run for a while.

This Week: 9 miles

Month: 57.25 miles

Year:  190.5 miles

Sampling a different club tomorrow, so no idea what will happen, but I'll get some miles of some description.

• Options

Just Run- i hope the ankle gets better soon and you can get back into the running.

No run yesterday, had a rest day. Will be home from work about 2 today so hoping to get out later and cross the 400 mile mark.

Good luck WR

• Options

Thanks MovingAlong I'm sure the trainers will be fine ,they arrived yesterday.

Had a disastrous run yesterday its knocked my confidence back some what feeling really p***ed off this morning.

cougie in the VLM thread(help I'm so tired) as give me some advice...

Week so far 25.81..

Good going WR at this rate you could double the 1000 mile !!!

Just Run Hope your ankle picks up..and avoid the football image

• Options
    Sbs i'm sure your next run will be fine, stick with it! How far did you try yesterday and did you complete it?
  • Options

WR, I went for 20 mile but only did 18.75( 2hr 57 min) ,as its been said last night in another thread that I had run my 20 mile long run last week to fast (9 min miles)and to try and do another 20 mile run within 6 days is not recommended .

lucky, I do a loop at the end so I could call it a do I was absolutely shattered .

I've never had to walk before, but yesterday I new after 10 mile I was going to struggle,

A little unsure of how to train in the next few weeks in the run up to London,

Very apprehensive about London at the moment..

• Options

You'll be fine at London sbs enjoy the day! We all have bad days, at least you did 18.75 and not 8.75 of a 20 miler! Don't be apprehensive try and be positive!

Got out for just over 11 miles this afternoon in the wind and rain, was quite exposed and really felt cold the whole way round. Have recalculated my total and it now stands at 407.54 for the year.

Good luck WR

• Options

Hey sbs - like WR says you'll be fine! You've got a 19 and a 20 under your belt, and you can attain why the 19 didn't go quite to plan - due to tiredness. Just get through the next couple of weeks and then a nice little taper to refresh those muscles.

WR - 407 miles! Blimey! Are you going for the 1000, or a higher target? You're just about on course for 1600 at this rate!

As for me, sampled a new running club and its much friendlier than the other. Only problem - its about a 25 minute drive away. Think I'll probably sign up to them, but just a pain its so far away. Anyway, another 5.75 miles, and I think there could have been some fast splits in there - need to check.

This Week: 14.75 miles

Month: 63 miles

Year:  196.25 miles

Next up is my final session on the beers tomorrow night, before a 20 miler - either on Saturday hangover dependant, or more likely Sunday.

• Options
    Moving Along would love to reach 2010 miles this year but i know that's a big ask!
  • Options

WR, It is a big ask but reading your posts you are more than capable of doing it !!

Thanks MovingAlong..My panic as subsided after a good nights sleep, I'm going to slow things down abit.

First time out today in new trainers 8.75 mile no problems...

Week 34.56

Month  113.89

Year   312.23

Thats me untill Monday, back to work tomorrow having 2 days rest from running..

Have a good weekend all, and enjoy them L S Runs

• Options
    Just RunJust Run ✭✭✭
    Hello all, thanks for the support. No run last night as ankle just didn't feel quite strong enough. Didn't want to ruin the improvement that has been evident each day this week.......until now image. Today has been a painful one. For no apparent reason it has got worse again? Even when i am sat down i get a pain that comes and goes right through my foot and ankle? My two toes next to my little toe are painful at times when i walk and even when i am sitting at my pc this throbbing, aching pain goes through me? It hurts to pull my toes toeards my shin, right down the back of my achilles? I am also getting cramp in my calf (same leg). Not a happy bunny....image