Options

VLM 2010 Survivors

Comments

• Options
    You re on form again Rod. Might sneak out early for a bike ride on the road bike before everyone gets upas I have a day off. 7.50 pace is awesome well done. Shame Mo Farah only got a silver today.
  • Options

I am a bit better now Mark,Mo ran  a great race, the ethiopian was just a tad faster but we should be proud of him, he was no where near them a while ago, a bit dissappointing but he is still the first Athlete from GB to get a world champ medal at that distance, he  ran brilliantly and will take alot of positives from today image

• Options
    Did you get your ten done today Rod?
  • Options

all done Mark in 1.18.05 @7.49 splits 7.57 7.47 7.51 7.45 7.58  7.55 7.49  7.39 7.44 7.40

was a tough session amd thanks must go to Steve my mate who dragged me round, I feel pretty tired now but will get over it, have upped the anti now. image

• Options
    Well done Rod awesome session, respect. You will be on the button in two weeks!
  • Options
    I'm home!  Ran 6 times while in Crete and all of them outside image
  • Options

Hello, been busy with work and ill but back now.  Had a good session last night, 8 x 800m with a walk recovery.  6.5 miles in total.

Need to sort out a few races for the winter months.

HOpe the GNR training is going well for you lads.

• Options

Good to see you folks back from holidays and stuff...........did a 5.5 miler last night up and down dale in 45 mins last night on my own in the dark, ran out of daylight.  Cycled to and from work everyday this week so lungs fine, just going easy with the back so I get there on the 18th. Going to be watching Rod's back looking at that awesome session from Tuesday..............

Bet it was hot running in Crete.   Good to see that Bradley Wiggins is winning the Tour of Spain only six weeks after breaking his collarbone in the Tour de France.

Anybody signed up for races in months ahead?

• Options

That awesome session sure did hurt though Mark, di a 2 mile steady run yesterday and  an easy gym session, its a 5 mile club race this evening around Ryton Pools, I had missed a fair few of the series through injury and nwas going to sit it out but as I am going ok again I will compe.

Gym again tomorrow and a long slow run Saturday distance to be decided.

Bradley is a class act image

• Options
    Going to have to do the long run this weekend.....................up to 13 is a must I reckon but not too quick....................
  • Options
    I would suggest a good steady start around 9.30 and see how it goes from there, my target pace for this evening I have set at 7.18, doing it is another matterimage
  • Options
    Thats made me feel alittle out of breath   good luck you might need it imageimageimage
  • Options

http://www.greatlongstone.net/organisations/fellrace/

Probably put this link on here before but there is a great video of the race in 2005 worth a watch for the scenery and the balloon festival................thats going to be my evening unless it chucks it down then I will take my daughter swimming.  Sunday long run..........have a good weekend all.

• Options

Looks a good event Mark I am sure you will enjoy that one.

Last nights race went ok, I was 6 seconds a mile slower than I wanted to be but as this was sort of offroad on a gravel surface and there was a small section on grass where you climbed up a steep bit of hill I am happy enough, averaged 7.24 on the night, last mile @7.14 .

Gym in a bit and 16 plus miles in the morning  image

• Options
    Enjoyed my tea. Tough fell race but lovely evening.41 mins to do the 4.56 mile course up hill for about one and a half miles then crashed down through woodlands then up again then down through gorse bushes, meadow to village. Brilliant run, loads of very experienced fell runners over 100 I think ran it. Winning time I will check on as went for a shower and tea as getting cold, happy weekend all. Hills hurt calves!!!
  • Options

Did a nice long run yesterday, did 2.5miles with youngest and then plodded on for another 11miles and got just under two hours so going too fast but felt quite good as I didn't take a gel and only one 250mls of water with me which was not enough really...........but a good testing run in warm weather.........the race from Friday was in my quads and hurt abit but getting stronger hopefully just in time!! It was a fairly flat route apart from the first mile......

Happy new week all.

Most people are about as happy as they make up their mind to be.

• Options
    sounds like you are fairly fit now Mark and will have a decent GNR, I was reallyn tired after the weeks training, Saturdays 15 miler was tough so I am resting now till tomorrow when I will do the 8 mile club Winter Circuit.
  • Options
    Did a very tough hour and a half hill bike ride tonight just to keep the heart going but couldn't keep up with son in law! Time for some late nite toast!
  • Options

My bosses younger brother has taken a turn for the worse at the age of 32, found out he had cancer two weeks ago and is now in intensive care not able to breathe. Started with testicular cancer that has spread upwards, not detected when he went to the docs last year and now he is going downhill rapidly. Make sure you check yourselves out for every lump people. Life is short and glutted with agitation.

Cycled in in the pouring rain to find no one here due to the above..................hopefully this will make my boss give up the ciggies.

• Options
    Speechless..... you just have to give thanks that we are as fit and healthy as we think we are.....
  • Options

Sorry didn't mean to unload but sat here alittle shell shocked this morning.

How are you Gatton? Summer seems to have gone rather quick, not that the Uk had much of a summer!!!  Off for a little run at lunch, legs abit stiff after the weekend long run and fell race and a bike ride on Monday evening..........wet here and windy............

• Options
    Mcs... always good to get it out of your system. As for myself i am of to Kos next wednesday and hope to have a run along the sea front in the mornings. Nothing planned for the future race wise as yet but have a few commentries to do in the next few weeks so keeping busy...
  • Options

Gatton is right Mark better off your mind, Kos you lucky lad!!

Training for GNR is good I think, am trying a different approach this year, winding it down now so I am fresh come 11 days time, 8 miles done last night @8.35 average felt really easy, off to the gym in a bit, may or may not run but x train for sure.

I am entered for Swineshead 10 this Sunday, I usually do a HM before GNR but this seems like a better idea chatting to a few people, I won't be caning it but would hope to complete in 1.18 -1.20.

Then next week a 7 miler with Kim on Wednesday steady, club race Thursday which I will either do as an easy run or sit out and a gentle gym session on Friday. I think this may be good for me, main thing is enjoying the event, now my fitness is better that should be possible image

• Options
    Enjoy yourself Gatton.  I discovered the joy of morning running outside in Crete image
  • Options

Cant beat it USB.. i managed it most days when we were in Spain earlier this year. At least when you sit down to breakfast it is all over and done with and you are left with the rest of the day to enjoy yourself and spend the time with the family.

Good luck at the GNR Rod and Mcs hope it goes according to plan.. remember there are far too many people running over that distance so get a good clean start and enjoy....

• Options

Cheers Gatton, enjoy your holiday............I loved running in Spain this summer though abit hot even at 7.30ish.   Not run this week as right hammy really tight going to have alittle trot at lunch but dont want to do anything daft so going easy.  

At least I am not at a hospital in intensive care like my boss is poor guy...............sat with his brother.......age 32..........life is short enjoy every day folks.

• Options
    As stated on my facebook Gatton I am "tense but confident" I intend to use the same tactic as last year and start off steady, my first 2 miles were done at 8.20 then I upped it as I went along, main thing is I will enjoy the occasion as always. I am in Pen c so that should help.
  • Options

Sounds like a PB for Mr Goodwin coming on. image Mr Modestimage 

I am in D orange so will be behind you Rod trying to keep up, though I am going to be happy

a. happy to start and

b. to finish under 2 hours.........

c. can you remind me to make sure I go to the loo before I set off this year instead of talking to you and Lee too long. He is doing it again this year he texted me this morning at 7am to ask what to do with tight calves!!!

• Options

http://www.fellrunner.org.uk/results/race11/great_longstone_11.pdf

92 runners in last weeks fell run and I came 67th bit poor but considering there were alot of quick fell runners and I have not raced all year I guess did okay.............its a tough course will have to run it again in training and see if I can beat my time.

Just been for a four.2  miler in 34 mins 31 secs. Quite warm out there. Will be doing another long slow on Sunday as need more endurance but should be okay for next week.

Happy weekend all.