Options

PUMA Hellrunner: Hell Up North (Morning Glory)

Comments

• Options

Andy! Bimbler! What the heck are you doing up so early/late!!??

Bright Bimbler wrote (see)

Lix.....buy the one in the bog! You know you want to!! In 2 years of racing I've only ever bought pics from this race in the bog, because non runners think you are INSANE when you show them....image

I think I'm going to get them both as proof! This was only my second ever event so I am well buzzing!!!

Andy Ross 6 wrote (see)

Some great pics being posted on here

Lix - looks like you had a smile on your face all the way round or were you posing for the camera !!

Haha Andy! I was pretty much grinning my head off the whole way through, though the bog one is me telling my pt to the left of me that I hate him image I am over my tantrum now and flipping LOVED it!

What a great day! I'm still so buzzing that I've entered the Liverpool Half Marathon in March. I only started running in January! bring it ON! image 

• Options

My pleasure Leon glad to be of assistance, hope it gets sorted, but as Andy says you did well. If you timed your self? although it wouldn't be official you could look up your time against the chip times in the result to see what position you would have come on a level playing ground. Have you seen the combined results <a href='http://www.racetimingsystems.com/public/results.aspx?raceid=1394' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>Here</a>

Lix just noticed on your first photo you are flying!! you must have been going at some speed to be so high of the ground mid stride, It's every runners dream photo.

• Options
    woody2run www.coastersgb.co.uk wrote (see)

Lix just noticed on your first photo you are flying!! you must have been going at some speed to be so high of the ground mid stride, It's every runners dream photo.

Well thanks! My trainer calls me 'bambi' and has on occasion likened my gait to that of a giraffe....charming. I think the years of ballet helped me out here!

@Leon - that is a CRACKING shot!!!!!!

• Options

Some great pics, what a fab race, I enjoyed it so much, first time doing Hellrunner for me.  Very different to the last race I did (Palma half) lol.  Definitely doing it again next year.  Atmosphere was fab, everyone very upbeat and I have to say a special thanks to the gentleman that saved me from going completely under in the Bog of Doom.

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/605915/Gallery/101107220105_T[1].jpg

• Options

Lix, At a radio station night shift! I'm often skiving on here at 4am! I have yet to find a race pic of myself that doesn't look like I'm WALKING! Even though I pick my feet up if I see a race photographer! I am jealous of anyone who gets pics looking like a ninja runner! image

Adele, Nice!! image 

How do you put pics on here?? I'm thick when it comes to computers. Self taught & useless. Can't even get a pic on my avator thing, or whatever it's called, on here, as it always says "file too big". I crop a pic right down to my head, but it still says file too big....image

• Options

Thanks BB - makes sense now! I thought you were taking 'early rise to run' to the extreme! HAHAHA!

*ponders changing Forum name to 'ninja runner'* image

See the icon with a tree on to the right of the smiley icon? Hit that & upload a pic from your own pc or insert a URl. dead easy. Avatars not so much - i cannot seem to get that to work either  !! xx

• Options
    Bright Bimbler (great name btw) - I took the pic as a crop from the RandR website.  Other than that, I don't know, I can't get my pics smaller either.  Will ask my hubby, he'll know. 
  • Options

Lix, Tried that to put a pic on here, but just as when trying to add an avatar pic, it said file too big. Whether it's a pic from my camera, a pro download, or a tiny cropped image of my head....it always says file too big.......image

Mr Adele to the rescue......?? image Or Woody. Woody knows these things I'm sure....

• Options

I'm no expert and struggle myself at times image it sounds like your cropping rather than resizing the image. What ever software you used to crop, should have a something for resizing it needs to be 250Kb or less.

Or I believe you can copy and paste into a word document click on the image and drag one of the corners in.

PS alter a copy not the original so that you don't loose it's quality,  you might want to print it off in future.

• Options

There is nothing for resizing, Woody. Just changing colour, saturation & cropping. It's just the windows thing that came with the computer. I don't know anything about software or programmes & stuff. image

Would have no clue how to put a photo in a word document........I can but try...... image

• Options

Mr Adele has no idea - will have to ask Tech Savvy pal tomorrow cos I can't get the word thing to work either image

Lix - your Bog of Doom picture is great - how did you manage to look pretty in that??? image

• Options

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/557262/Gallery/Hellrunner_2010__running__muddy._0.jpg

Hmm.....This crappy one works, as it's 176 KB, but the nice one I bought won't download as it's 566KB......
  • Options

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/557262/Gallery/Copyrighted_Hellrunner__bog._0.jpg

Bought this one, but it ain't playing ball on here.... image Only the copyrighted one is small enough to upload on here. I presume you need to buy a programme for your computer, like Adobe, to resize photos?? I don't have anything like that....

Come on Woody....we want to see you in a swamp..... image

• Options

Lix

On a night shift image

but it my last one before weekend off image

Because I am on a woks PC no photo's (sorry) but if anyone is bored my race number was 506 and my colleague who I ran with was 649, when you search the photo website a a few come up but there is also a few others which don't show up because the number is unreadable.

Am still buzzing and now looking forward to my next race Wilmslow 1/2 marathon hopefully a PB next year.

• Options

No bog of doom photos of me image

Quite jealous, they are the best ones!

Edit: Bright, something like Picasa will let you edit and resize your photos...

• Options

Bright Bimbler - liking your Bog of Doom pic image

In all the pics I have seen everyone is smiling.

• Options

Andy - doing Wilmslow Half as well, it's a great race, am also hoping for a PB image seeing as it's quite fast paced. 

• Options

Has anyone seen the Chester Chronicle's on-line story on the Hellrunner. image

The Forestry Commission and the Police are not happy bunnies about Sunday. 

The Police especially are not happy about the road congestion and have threatened not to support the event.  The Forestry Commission are mad about the loss of income as the car parks were full of runners (they say that the the money they got from the hellrunner organiser may not have covered the loss of income)

I think if the HellRunner wants to remain at Delamere (which i hope it does) then running the two races in one day is not the best way to do it.

Can you imagine how much worse the traffic / car parking may have been if it had been raining on the day as well !

On a lighter note i have notced that the results table for the afternoon race keeps changing (no doubt people asking for their times to be changed) i have slipped from a surprisingly high 690th to a rather poor 990th. Still, i had great time doing it and thats the main thing.image

• Options
    Bright Bimbler wrote (see)

Lix, Tried that to put a pic on here, but just as when trying to add an avatar pic, it said file too big. Whether it's a pic from my camera, a pro download, or a tiny cropped image of my head....it always says file too big.......image

Mr Adele to the rescue......?? image Or Woody. Woody knows these things I'm sure....

Sorry dude, no idea then?! Weird! *scratches head*
    Adele S wrote (see)

Mr Adele has no idea - will have to ask Tech Savvy pal tomorrow cos I can't get the word thing to work either image

Lix - your Bog of Doom picture is great - how did you manage to look pretty in that??? image

haha cheers - AS IF!!
    Andy Ross 6 wrote (see)

Lix

On a night shift image

but it my last one before weekend off image

Because I am on a woks PC no photo's (sorry) but if anyone is bored my race number was 506 and my colleague who I ran with was 649, when you search the photo website a a few come up but there is also a few others which don't show up because the number is unreadable.

Am still buzzing and now looking forward to my next race Wilmslow 1/2 marathon hopefully a PB next year.

Happy weekend off Andy!

HURRAH it's FRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!image

• Options
    <br/><blockquote class=quoteheader>Bright Bimbler wrote (<a href='/forum/forummessages.asp?URN=6&UTN=158668&cp=15#8936024' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>see</a>)<blockquote class=quote>

Bought this one, but it ain't playing ball on here.... image Only the copyrighted one is small enough to upload on here. I presume you need to buy a programme for your computer, like Adobe, to resize photos?? I don't have anything like that....

Come on Woody....we want to see you in a swamp..... image

I use the one that came with my computer to resize your's must have the facility to resize if you can do all the rest?

Sorry no photo of me in the bog at least I can't see one.

• Options
    MS7 wrote (see)

Has anyone seen the Chester Chronicle's on-line story on the Hellrunner. image

The Forestry Commission and the Police are not happy bunnies about Sunday. 

The Police especially are not happy about the road congestion and have threatened not to support the event.  The Forestry Commission are mad about the loss of income as the car parks were full of runners (they say that the the money they got from the hellrunner organiser may not have covered the loss of income)

I think if the HellRunner wants to remain at Delamere (which i hope it does) then running the two races in one day is not the best way to do it.

Can you imagine how much worse the traffic / car parking may have been if it had been raining on the day as well !

http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/chester-news/local-chester-news/2010/11/11/apology-after-delamare-forest-race-caused-chaos-59067-27636417/

Here's the link to the article. it's the FC who are apologising tough - it's not TrailPlus' responsibility to sort carparking/congestion etc - surely that's the police and FC.

Agree tho that the 2 race need to be either furtehr spaced out or on different days. The changeover was too close!

• Options

Griffsters & Woody, There were 2 race photographers at the Bog of Doom. One half way, one at the end. If you were with lots of other people, it's harder to get snapped! The first one missed me, so I made sure the second one got me, because I do love pics from here! Just as he snapped me, he said his SD card was full, & everyone groaned! So one place further behind & I'd not have been snapped either....

Ah, Picasa. Yeah, I installed that once, then got rid of it. I'll try it again.

Woody, I didn't resize the copyrighted ones. They already came as 166KB, so would fit on here. Once you buy one, or try & add pics from your own camera, it won't let you, as they are over 250KB. I def don't seem to have any kind of resizing facility to shrink the KB's. Maybe Picasa will do this?? (Ps. Installed AVG free security that you recommended, & it's doing my head in! Slows my PC to nothing after about half an hour, & I have to keep switching it on & off......I did that first download too...the one that says it will speed your PC up!! And it's removed my volume....despite both monitor & PC saying volume is still at 100......I hate computers....they make me feel thick & useless!!!! image image)

Hope they go back to the longer race next year then, & the other chips. Don't recall any problems last year with parking or chips. Last year was amazing.

• Options
    Sounds like 2 races in a day was optimistic !  If they go back to one race - it should still make a profit for them.  And i'd have thought that the influx of visitors is good business to the cafe there anyway so the FC would make off that ?
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to Hell in the Middle. There might be teething troubles there though, with it being a new one. I'll get there well early, & hope it's a nice long one.....about 13 miles would be good.....image
  • Options
    Hi Everyone, Im new to this forum,not sure if it has run its time but thought I would share some thoughts,my first thought is this, what a great bunch of runners you seem to be, I have read this thread from the start and its been very interesting indeed,I ran hell runner for the first time last week with you guys and it was great HOWEVER can anyone enlighten me to the "rules" of running as I was overtaken (several times) by both men and women and at times I was taken aback about how rude and unpolite like this happened,to be pushed past,shouted at,and given that look of disgust was sometimes quite demorolising. I know i am not the quickest but hey give people respect out there whatever there age,size or speed! Apart from that I thought Hell runner was great, I have been running for 7 years now and never ran a trail race so it was an eye opener, completed it in 1hr 45mins so not so bad. Anyway if anyone can let me know the rules of running then that would be great, going out for a run tonight first time with leggings on in the cold!!
  • Options
    Hi Spenny....As someone who is usually near the back of a race, I try & get out of the way of faster people wanting to overtake, like on multi lap races. But I don't expect to be physically pushed out of the way! Sometimes on a narrow track you can tell you are holding someone up, so I'll just yell "want to get past" & try & keep to the side for a couple of seconds. I'm guessing you did the pm race then, as they all went off together, & this caused problems. For the am race we went off in 2 waves....slower & faster runners. I found a lot of people were walking, & I wanted to run.....so I just shouted "coming through" if walkers were plodding along, often 2 abreast, blocking the way. I'd say as long as no-one physically shoves you, then anything goes!! Just try & give the faster runners the chance to get past if you are slow, but we are all equal out there, & everyone's race is important. It's not just a race for fast buggers! It's like driving. There will always be rude selfish people who think they are more important than you!
  • Options
    going out for a run tonight first time with leggings on in the cold!!  Wuss  What you going to do when it gets cold ?
  • Options

What will I do when it gets cold Dave, well I will put my running coat ,gloves and a hat on!!  Just got back actually and it was more windy than cold I live north of Manchester and its been pretty windy today.

Thanks bright bimbler for your thoughts, it was my first trail and soo different to halfs I have done where there has been plenty of space.

Anyone know of any halfs coming up in the Bolton/Chorley/preston area soon?

• Options
    Yeah I've been out this evening (Live less than 5 miles from the start of the Hellrunner) More wind than cold