Options

Carver Wolverhampton City Marathon

Comments

• Options
    Yet again Brilliant Photos taken by Bryan Dale Photos of the runners at Wolverhampton Marathon, all are free to download, so any who ran in the race you have an excellent photo to remember you great day. the weather was not good for photographers but it suited me and I recorded me best time for 2 years, my 157th marathon/ultra, pity there were no awards for my age group O/70. but overall the race was well organised.
  • Options

Hey bright bimbler,

Are you mad 2 M's + a 10k in 8 days??????????????????

Well done you - i thought i was doing well entering this, and having my brum half to look forward to in oct!!

Stomach cramps got me at 7 miles - very strange - very annoying.

Zed- are you the lady who was running with her friend - doing really wel-l but struck with cramp on the final circuit of the west park?

Can I have a moan??? we were followed for ages by a bloke who was dragging his feet - and mean literaly. and all we could hear was schrr schrr schrr schrrape. It was likea chinese torture, it threw us off our rhythm and was really distracting - thanks i feel much better now!

no! 1 more ..... on the final loop into the park, we were catching up stragglers who were walking, but we are plodders who just keep going!  but there was a group who wouldnt move out of our way - so we had to go wide around them, they then ran to overtake. walked again - we had to go round - again! 3 times.

When you are really knackered it would be great not to have to take a wide and to even think about anything other than digging in!!!!!!!!!!!!! (perhaps its just me who gets peeved?)

• Options

No, not me I'm afraid ... unfortunately I suffered from some cystitis like pains at about mile 8 to 9 and was forced to walk the last 4 miles in agony image But my legs were fine image

Oh do you mean that chap wearing a blue cagoul ?

Right, onwards and upwards .... image First run coming up this morning now the kidlet is back to school image

• Options

Alialy, I was followed for ages by a lady making some very stange noises......Sounded like she was in the middle of a night of passion.... image She had an I-pod in, so I don't think she was aware of quite how noisy she was!

The walkers do annoy me a bit too, as their run/walking tends to get in my way. I try my hardest never to walk unless injured. Even more annoying is the fact the walkers are faster than me running......image

• Options

Loving all your posts and little moans. This was my first ever 'half' so dont have anything to compare it to really. Was amused by the guy in front of me at mile 12 who was kind of shunting along 'not sure you can call it a run' but was giving a running commentary on his mobile phone!!

I had risk my life running in front of busses just to get round people who walked up the (admittedly) steep but tiny hill at about 11.5 mile..you know the one....by the traffic lights where we turned left.

After reading about stomach cramps and sickness i feel grateful i got round in one piece, no injrues. Hope you people that didnt have your greatest runs dont beat yourselves up too much. After doing that distance once i have the upmost respect and admitation for anyone that can do that regularly

• Options

Muzza - Cracking pb pal. Chances are that by the time I see you properly it'll be old news. Top performance image

Brian - Brilliant pictures as always. I really need to work on my 'photo face' though. Even messing around and feeling great in front of the camera I can't seen to raise a smile.

From a personal point of view I could have done with seeing a few porta-loos dotted around at the drink stations. Apologies to anybody who saw me ducking into some (not so) secluded areas to relieve my 'issues' on the 2nd lap.

Bowels apart though I enjoyed myself from start to finish and even managed to make mile 26 my fastest mile of the day - There's full report/gubbins here http://www.devoniain.blogspot.com/ (along with a pic I 'borrowed' off Brian).

• Options

confession: we really needed to see a portaloo too! from 4miles we were on the lookout - ended up going into a little nursery school, god what a relief!!!!!!!!!!!! (around 8 miles though, it was a long wait).

I think on these distances they are necessary.

yes the bloke with the blue cagool! god he looked hot (and that is not a reference to his attractiveness level), we reconed he must have to buy a new pair of trainers each week, bet there was no grip left at 13 miles.

I think there should be rules for where to run as there is on the road - slower runners (im one of them), should pull over and let faster ones through. 

And that is a very nasty hill at 11.5 (just up to re-joining the Tettenhall road), as a learner driver you always dreaded the instructor taking you to that junction! aah yes i remember it well.image

• Options
    Enjoyed this race ran a 3.06 so got my GFA for London 2012.

Tough course but well organised and well marshalled with plenty of water station's.

Good value marathon at £16.

Great photo's by Bryan Dale.You got some good ones of Mike,Neil and myself first lap Bryan.
  • Options
    After a spending spring and summer doing nothing more than talking about running and pretending that I was training I thought it was time I actually started doing some running and train for my 10 in 10 next may.

So what better way than to enter a marathon and test the legs. So on Sunday I found myself stood at the start line of the carver Wolverhampton city marathon with just 6 weeks training a not many long runs under my belt.

We were the very last people to cross the start line and were in no rush to pass anyone as we had agreed this was a low heart rate training run, what this actually means is you run at a pace at which you can talk to every person see, why do people with their name on their running vest look at you so strange when you greet them by name?

The first lap was rather uneventful apart from nearly throwing up from the smell of the sewage works and nearly fainting at the sight of the man running in just his pants.

At about 16 miles we drew up alongside a couple of 100 marathon club runners, I don’t know if you have ever met any of these chaps but they are like the ‘Jedi knights’ of running. I always image them finishing their run donning their hooded cloak and light sabre and just disappearing into the mist.

The thing about running with a 100 club members is the air of calmness around them, they never look stressed or to be working hard and nothing phases them. Well this was what I thought till mile 17 when a very very upset running wearing a 100 club vest came running out of a side street to join our little group, he was swearing and mumbling about getting lost and saying he was fed up with the whole thing, I asked if he had run it before? “Yes 20yrs ago” “what! And you can’t remember the route?”

All in all I had a great run, it is a tough little course and has a few uphill flats but I would recommend it as a nice way to spend a Sunday morning.
  • Options
    Forgot to say. Thank you to Madlott and AJH. For one of the most enjoyable marathons I have run in a long long time.
  • Options
    On Sunday I ran my first half marathon & was thrilled to be under 2 hours. I had such a great time & had worked hard to train for the distance.

It was therefore so nice that Brian Dale had taken and uploaded to his website bucket loads of photos from the race that were available for free download. What a great momento!

This man is awesome, I emailed him to ask when the photos might be downloaded & was amazed how he took the trouble to actually find me in his photos & email them to me. What a fantastic guy! This website is well worth a look, the photos are amazing.

Find him at http://www.racephotos.org.uk/index.htm

Thanks Bryan!!!
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Thanks marcusuno.

That was a very well blagged marathon image
  • Options
    I reckon he's been telling fibs
  • Options
    I think he's just a natural athlete.

Ha ha ha ha ha image
  • Options
    Hehehehe
    Have a great holiday AJH. Drink yourself stupid image
  • Options
    Thanks, admitting I have a problem can wait til I get back can't it image
  • Options

and the winner of the wet t-shirt competition is................................image

• Options
    Now I feel inadequate image
  • Options
    Next time I'll wear my wetsuit, that'll hold em in!!!
  • Options
    Did you like them image
  • Options
    I will assume that was to marcusuno image
  • Options
    It was, did you see the way he was looking at me. image
  • Options
    I did.

It was sweet image
  • Options
    Did you like them image

Bloody iPhone!!!
  • Options

Who's for another one then? image

I've been bitten by the marathon bug..... I need to do another one!!

• Options

Just about to go through the events calendar Marcusuno..... I need a nice marathon, not a silly distance from Manchester, that allows slow buggers, with a dobber medal! image

I fancy Loch Ness one day.......And some abroad.....

• Options
    BB - have you tried the 100 marathon club calander, they have pretty much every marathon there is. But i would say Rutland water does fit the bill for you
  • Options
    Big thanks to Bryan Dale of Racephotos for the pictures he took of the run on sunday and for posting them online so quickly. Had a great run and having a couple photos to remember it by, and for free, is fantastic. Hope to see you there next year!
  • Options

I'll have a look at that Marcusuno, ta. image All I really care about is a big blingy medal....image

Bryan Dale is a legend. image I want to ask him for loads of pics. I'm months behind looking at his fab pics.