Options

Berlin Marathon 2011

Comments

• Options

This lot http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/10384.html#forecast are now suggesting 23C on Sunday. That would be very unpleasant.

This lot not much better http://www.weather-forecast.com/locations/Berlin/forecasts/latest

Still plenty of time for things to change.....

Off on Thurs morning as well. Desperately trying to finish everything before I go.

• Options
    Susibe, yes run, best to keep moving otherwise u stiffen up, done 4 today with 4 x 90 secs at half marathon pace during the run, 3 miles the same tomorra. The sat I plan to do the breakfast run slow with a few little faster bits to stretch the legs.

Having a deep tissue massage tomorra and I think it's gonna hurt!
  • Options

Muzza,thanks,will do a very careful run tomorrow.

I've got my sports massage on thursday,ouchimage

Muzza,Going to enter Bideford HM next yr,as a local man do you know when entries will open? Looks a nice flat one.My parents live at Bude and March 4th is also my Dads bday so should be a good dayimage

• Options
    Simon I emailed info@scc-events.com for duplicate confirmation yesterday and received it today, so if you still haven't got yours it might be worth asking again.

Hope you get it sorted, although I imagine a note of your race number, proof of payment and passport would be sufficient - only problem being you may have to pay to get into the expo if you don't get the voucher beforehand.
  • Options

After another phone call today I final have my confirmation. I've never been so relieved to receive an e-mail. (Although they did say that presenting my passport would have been acceptable!! You were right Muzza, but I'm a born worrier)

Off out for a nice easy 3 miles in the sunshine.

• Options

An easy three miles for me tonight. Glad to hear people are getting their confirmations sorted out now. Looks like it's a hot one this weekend, not good for me. I always struggle in the heat. I fly out on Frida., Really wishing I'd booked a few extra days in Berlin now, as the more I've read the longer I think I could have happily done the tourist thing.

Are there any plans for a forum pub meet up after the race?

• Options

Pub meet sounds good.

Sports massage tomorrow, haven't run since Great North Run on Sunday. Bit concerned about heat this Sunday.

• Options

Hi,

I am injured and can't run.  Anyone interested in an entry.  If so please email me at caribcon@hotmail.com.

Good luck with the marathon.  

Charmaine

• Options
    Hi

Very concerned about the heat on Sunday, not used to hot at all?

Pub afterwards sounds excellent..... As long as u know wot large wine and soda is in german??? Oh and ice??

Think the thought of it might spur me round!!
  • Options

Susibe - did a cross-training session in the gym tonight and will probably run every day until the race, although short distances and nothing sustained hard (a few sprints here and there perhaps). This is a very weird taper anyway.

Not too happy about possible high temps as last marathon in Spring was a bit of a scorcher too, but at least I've had running in the South of France this summer to prepare me, not like the spring mara.

And good news everyone - my goolies seem like they are back to normal size now. Really glad I didn't get rid of that old bench vice after all. Marvellous.

Hey Elizabeth - are you prepping for the Nice marathon now (it was Nice wasn't it?).

• Options

This forecast is interesting coz it predicts humidity http://freemeteo.com/default.asp?pid=22&la=1&gid=2950159&nDate=5

Does this indicate that it`s going to be muggy ? Humidity is worse than pure heat - can`t sweat. I know it`s all speculative but it`s strangely compelling.

• Options
    Tricky - It is the Nice to Cannes marathon but I am not allowed to run until 14th October and the mara is 20th November....not much time. I have a displaced abductor & bloody painful it is too. I am cycling but don't really know if 5 weeks including the taper is enough. Presumably you will let me know how you get on in Berlin on facebook - good luck although you don't need it!
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b015f8rh on BBC 2 0745 to 1145. - probably as Paula' s on a come back image Unlikely to see slow folks like me , but great it's getting uk terrestrial coverage
  • Options
    Muzza- All the best for Sundayimage
  • Options
    Susibe, yes Bideford HM is fast, wouldn't say it's flat but a few undulations, it's good for a fast time and very well organised, I'm torn tho as it's same day as Dutchy marathon. I'm sure entries will open near Xmas keep an eye on the Bideford aac website. They have a nice bar and there are always great cakes etc so ya dad will be happy! image

They were suppose to be sending my stuff through post but still nothing, if they try and charge me to get in the expo they will have a fight on there hands! I'm tight!! Surly they don't charge for that do they?? God it's getting worse, there cashing in every which way!
  • Options
    Did last speed session last night. Yasso 800's @ 5.48 min/m average for eight 800's. Killer workout, but feel good and looking forward to Sunday!
    GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
  • Options

Morning people,

Think i'll go for a 3miler tomorrow as my last run...do a few strides at the end...Me and the good lady fly out on Friday morning.

Not sure if you all know, but i've just registered on the Berlin marathon website, to recieve updates (via SMS and email)...apparently you get a message at half and then full distance...you can register UK phones and as many as you like...ideal for the other half as she'll know when to walk up to the finish area to meet me image

Just need your running number (which you can find from the participants list on their website if you don't have the email/letter handy)

Good Luck everyone, hope the weather doesn't affect us too much! image 

• Options

morning!!! bought our jelly babies from tesco last night, half price! they must have known!!! Bassets cant be beaten imho image I really like those cliff shot bloks but they are huge! Packing tonight as flying stupid o clock friday morning so bascially going to bed as soon as i get in from work on thursday night!

If anyone fancies adding me on facebook its Kelly Wilkinson, I'm in between 2 stormtroopers in my profile pic (long story) - I'll be really insterested to see peoples status's after to see how everyone got on image 

• Options
    Might see some of you there.... Have a great race all of you
  • Options

Oii - good luck...im flying early friday morning too, have to get up at stupid o'clock to drive from Bham to London.

Going to pack tonight too, and im going to wear my running trainers just in case something happens with my bag... image

good luck...hope im in a fit state to update my fb status at the end image 

• Options
    i am packing full running kit in my hand luggage, not wearing my trainers in case it p1sses down and i cant get them dry! #overthinking
  • Options

Best of luck everyone - I'm flying out tomorrow.

I've booked a bicycle tour of the city for Friday morning - Is that a terrible idea?  It's 17km but described as gentle... It's my first marathon so not sure how crucial total horizontal rest is a couple of days before the race...??

• Options

HI

Thats me all packed.....full running kit in hand lugguage including haribosimage .....glad I wore old trainers on run this morning it couldn't have rained any harderimage

Not looking forward too spending all day in airports tomorrow....but hoping end result will be worth itimage

Good luck to everyone... and |I hope its not tooooo hot!! 

Are we meeting for post run drinks???image

• Options
    Oii- just sent u a friend request I think?!
  • Options
    Hi Guys, just had a sports massage & sitting watching the Great North Run on Sky+ with a bowel of pasta.

Any1 flying out from Glasgow tomorrow morning?
  • Options

A bowel of pasta?

Flying from Liverpool, can't wait, good luck all 

• Options
    Flying from Kirkwall...image
  • Options
    Flying from Luton tomorrow @ 13.55. Will be playing my `spot the runner` game at the airport  (anaemic, gaunt, well worn trainers, frequent trips to the loo).
  • Options
    any plans for a meeting point for a drink or chat before or after the race?
  • Options

David - I think the forum's had enough of me and my testicles. Last thing they need now is your bowels man!

12k run at lunchtime with abit of MP injected in. Looks like if the weather isn't too warm and humid, should be able to managed somewhere between 4:15-4:20m/km pace at my preferred HR, which would get me in (surprisingly) quickly at 2:58-3:03.

Which is faster than i expected and raises the temptation of pressing on the gas and burning up because of my untrained stamina.  Mmmm, fun to think about.

No one has planned any sort of public rendez-vous post race, so if you want to be the first one to suggest it, then why not give it a go. I am with a small party of runners so won't take the lead but will happily Tweet wherever I end up if people want to join in. @TrickyDickyBE

#TooTired2Drink image