Options

Conwy Half Marathon

Comments

• Options

Thanks BB and good luck to yourself and everybody else running tomorrow.  If anybody recognises me tomorrow pop over and say hello, I should be pretty easy to spot in my RNLI yellow vest .... I'm number 958.Most of all enjoy yourselves image

• Options

Enjoyable race today

Running up the Great Orme was a challenge to say the least!image

The finish will have to be improved for next year especially if they are expecting much higher numbers

• Options

All done. Race was good and then I go to check my results and somewhen during the registration process and the race I have become a male.

So I got my time but that's the only thing I can belive image. I do apologise if I made a mistake and registered as a male but I'm pretty sure someone decided to place me in a certain gender group because of my name. 

Taking it so personally....

• Options
    EllieJEllieJ ✭✭✭
    Oh no Merilin! Well done you, and everyone else, for completing it.
  • Options
    I cant find the results anywhere?
  • Options

Go to:

www.tdl.ltd.uk/

Conwy's half is the latest race on the list image

• Options
    Merilin wrote (see)

Go to:

www.tdl.ltd.uk/

Conwy's half is the latest race on the list image

thanks for thatimage
  • Options

Fantastic first Half Marathon for me. Was warned it was not agood idea to do this one as my first because of the long climb up the Orme but it was nowhere near as bad as I'd imagined! I only started racing this summer and suffer terribly from pre-race nerves but I can honestly say this was the first race that I've actually enjoyed image

Lovely medal too!

• Options
    EllieJEllieJ ✭✭✭
    Well done Lo-Jo!
  • Options

Well done everybody who raced today and a big thanks to Bruce for dragging me round that last mile when I was starting to struggle.

Well done esp to Lo-Jo if you're the Lo-Jo off Fetch as that's a fantastic time for first time out. (I'm not stalking you honest image)

BB ..... I'll have to be a bit more careful what I say next time as the hill training has paid off as not only did I get under 2 hours but managed 1.53.53 so no nekid dancing this time but who knows in future image

• Options

Well done everyone great race 1:51:01 for me must of been close to you FFMimage

• Options

Near perfect weather (cool and calm) for a great race.

I started to tire at about mile 10 (lack of training following a heavy cold after snowdonia marathon perhaps).

1:26 for 21st place didn't lose any places in the race but my splits slowed. Half marathon is a testing distance.

• Options

Excellent day all round ... and a great race (the little lump in the middle not withstanding!).

Really chuffed that managed to run the whole thing, although it was somewhat soul destroying 3/4 the way up the Orme to come round that corner to think you must be a the top to only see the road continue winding its way up again !!.

Good to meet a couple of forumites too and a massive congrats to Tony (FFM) for smashing his PB, a truly remarkable effort on that course. (BTW .. I wasn't trying to help you round at the end .. I was secretly employed by BB to actually slow you down a bit to make sure you didn't hit the 1:50 ... it was just far too cold for the whole nekid dancing thing ! image )

Now, if anyone has any tips on how to resurrect my poor legs .. please feel free to speak up now!

• Options

Conwy results

Love this race - did it last year too and will enter again next year.  Had a great weekend in Conwy topped off by my daughter running a massive PB - 1.33 - and winning her age group.  She bought the chips with her prize money image.

That Orme doesn't get any smaller does it?

• Options

Back home now and have to say how much I enjoyed that. I knocked 10 mins off last year's time, finishing in 1:44:04, helped home by some bloke called "Marsy" and a chap who'd fallen on the Orme and ran the second half of the race with blood pouring down his face. I decided to stick with him cos of all the cheers he was getting - I just pretended they were for me image

I was impressed to get back to my car and discover a text had been sent 10 mins after I'd finished, giving me my clock time, chip time, and position. It was particularly useful as I didn't have any internet access while I was away.

Tigerlily - well done to your daughter - that's a brilliant time.

My only gripe is that I paid an extra fiver for the tech t-shirt and they'd run out of small ones by the time I finished. I don't think that should have happened, especially as I'd ordered a small one.

• Options

I'm glad I didn't order a tech t-shirt PF - If they had no smalls left by the time you finished I'd have no chance.......image.

The text service was really good - we had our times & positions within 10 mins of finishing too.

I reckon if they sort out the few gripes with this race it will become a real classic.  TBH the narrow path at the start didn't bother me as i wasn't chasing a PB but my daughter got a real nasty shove from a bloke who wanted to pass her so she nearly ended up on her face.  My daughter is a track athlete so she understands the etiquette when wanting to pass - a polite "excuse me" usually works or a yelled "TRACK!" A hard shove is dangerous at 6.5 min mile pace.  The bloke in question saw her at the end and apologised and was impressed that she'd beaten him by 2 mins.  I think he'd decided a little girl had no business being at the sharp end of the race image....... my daughter was polite to him - if it was me I'd be dancing around yelling "yeah! eat my dust slow boy!!!" image

PS...... if you are the bloke alluded to here..... you got beat by a girl!!

• Options
    Found this quite tough - my first half for 4 years.  Enjoyed it though !  Have to say, I got a bit cold at the end queueing for my medal & t-shirt...
  • Options

I saw the queues for the 2 hr finishers and didn't envy them. I've just read the race ratings and noticed there's a few negative comments about that.

Tigerlily - I'm chuffed she beat the brute! Although my opinion of him softened a bit when I read he apologised. Some bloke once tried to barge past me just before a finishing funnel - I'm a 5'2" woman with a skinny upper body, yet all it took was a gentle lean to send him crashing into the bushes at the side. And HE apologised to ME!!! Girl Power image

• Options

PF I saw that bloke at the end, quite spectacular wasn't he! 

• Options
    Yeah - he looked like something out of a horror movie! He couldn't see his own face so wasn't too concerned, but the stares from the spectators was a bit of a giveaway! He was OK though - a marshall asked him if he wanted to pull out but he refused, and he didn't want any first aid treatment at the end. I kept him talking for the last 3 miles to make sure he didn't pass out!
  • Options
    The gentleman in question is a friend called Mike, he fell on the way down. He got some first aid treatment a Conwy, had a bite to eat and then popped over to the hospital. He is now at home safe and sound.

• Options
    I'm glad he got checked out - he waved the first aiders away at the finish line and I figured he'd regret it when he looked in a mirror! Tell him thanks from the Red Rose Road Runner - our split times for the last 3 miles were 7:47, 7:47 and 7:48 and I would never have managed that without his company image
  • Options
    Bruce - www.coastersgb.co.uk wrote (see)
    Good to meet a couple of forumites too and a massive congrats to Tony (FFM) for smashing his PB, a truly remarkable effort on that course. (BTW .. I wasn't trying to help you round at the end .. I was secretly employed by BB to actually slow you down a bit to make sure you didn't hit the 1:50 ... it was just far too cold for the whole nekid dancing thing ! image )

I'm doubly grateful to you Bruce .... I was cold enough fully clothed !

Jason Cordingley 2 wrote (see)

The gentleman in question is a friend called Mike, he fell on the way down. He got some first aid treatment a Conwy, had a bite to eat and then popped over to the hospital. He is now at home safe and sound.

Glad to hear it Jason. Mike did look a bit of a mess.

Tattooed Runner38 wrote (see)

Well done everyone great race 1:51:01 for me must of been close to you FFMimage

I might have been close to you at the start but those 3 mins feel like an eternity by the end image
    Tigerlily wrote (see)

Love this race - did it last year too and will enter again next year.  Had a great weekend in Conwy topped off by my daughter running a massive PB - 1.33 - and winning her age group.  She bought the chips with her prize money image.

That Orme doesn't get any smaller does it?

Well done to TL jnr and what an excellant way to spend the prize money image

Poorly Feet wrote (see)

Back home now and have to say how much I enjoyed that. I knocked 10 mins off last year's time, finishing in 1:44:04, helped home by some bloke called "Marsy" and a chap who'd fallen on the Orme and ran the second half of the race with blood pouring down his face. I decided to stick with him cos of all the cheers he was getting - I just pretended they were for me image

Well done PF that a fantastic result to knock 10 mins off last year .... congrats

TL .......

" PS...... if you are the bloke alluded to here..... you got beat by a girl!!"

HA HA HA HA HA 

• Options

Surely we ran further this year than last year due to new start .

Still got a faster time though ,1:39  so well pleased .

Celebrated with a pint in the Liverpool Arms on the Quay and then a nice sunday roast at the pub that was the HQ last year .

Thanks for a lovely day Conwy image

• Options
    We DID run further. 13.08 miles on my Garmin compared with 12.96 last year. So those who got faster times can be doubly pleased, and those who didn't can blame the extra distance image
  • Options

Does anyone else think that next years target entry of 5,000 is too many?

It would have to be a different route at least

• Options
    No chance for 5000 runners . Would have to be run entirely on main roads and that wont happen . Not enough car parking in Conwy for that amount of people, and they had organisational problems with less than a thousand runners . The term dont run before you can walk springs to mind .
  • Options
    Thanks for the kind comments Peeps .image