Options

British Heart Foundation's Night Half-Marathon

1235»

Comments

• Options

Hi TracyB - knee sprain still giving gip so not daring to run again yet.  Didn't know about this race before now.  Good luck to you and OH.

BTW did a gig in Dracula outfit today singing 'Drac Pack' songsimage.  Could be a new direction for me away from Green Fairy!

• Options
    I think that is relevant for Halloween, where as a Green Fairy is for life image
  • Options

WORRIED MY NUMBER HAS NOT TURNED UP I HAVE NO CONTACT NUMBER FOR ANYONE DO I JUST TURN UP

• Options
    Michael....registration is form 10.30pm HQ opens at 10pm....we plan to be there from arouns 9pm and have a walk around....my number is 47605...hope to catch you later
  • Options

Tried to have an afternoon sleep, but wasn't successful. Will probably fall asleep in the car image Left OH sleeping as he did crosscountry race today, but his running-high was preventing him sleeping!

On our way at 9pm, be there around 1045pm. Tonka, look out for us! We'll be in Benflee Running Club white and red vests.

Good luck everone!.. even you NLR image

• Options
    Hi guys what a great run, hope everyone enjoyed!!!
  • Options

Hope everyone had a good run. I loooked for the runners last night but somehow never managed to see any of them!

Love the idea of a night run, but was too busy enjoying the other white night stuff! Did anyone see or do the Dawn dash?

• Options
    managed a time of 2:08 not my best but i'm still quite pleased image hope everyone had a good run.....i will deffo do this next year if t happens
  • Options

Hi All, we did about 2.42... was a LSR image started on the last 'wave', although realised we could have gone earlier and no-one would know. Not only did we start at the last, also at the back.

CD, you may not have seen anyone - groups were around 3dozen and amongst the halloween drunks we were probably just a blur image We went through the seafront for a little way then most of it away from the crowds.

Found the off-road part a bit scary, luckily OH had decided to stay with me, knowing I'd be about 2.30, whereas he'd usually be around 1.30.

So long day, late finish, enjoyed it as it was a challenge. Luckily we took food supplies as on the way home at 3am we were bloody starving image

Good value, marshalls were fun/helpful, getting a t-shirt, headtorch (extremely useful) and a medal all for a tenner! Will have raised around £200 so happy as it's not my main fundraiser.

Two ladies shouting at us in a residential road, near a pub something Oak I think it was called. They'd had a whipround in the pub and gave us the money. We gave it to the next marshall.. was at least a tenner there. How lovely was that.

Some people stopped and asked what we were 'jogging' for! Clearly they could tell we were running! Quite a bit of support from individuals, excluding the drunk (yep, another one) saying: Halloween's over! Erm... take your mask of then mate image Actually, it's not till today!

Tonka Boy, lovely to meet you, and say hi to your wife who looked like she had been waiting a while - Must be difficult when were hyper and buzzy, and she just wanted to get home image

Pleased I did it. A challenge for me with the timing and the route.. biggest hills I've ran to date, and off-road in the dark. No plans to do it again, but pleased I did.

Well done everyone image

• Options

Well that was different image.....a PW for me 3.16 ran with a mate from another (rival) running club as he was bigger and slower than me it was at a very conservative pace but not sure that i would have done much better on my own.

Really enjoyed the night run....something i had never done before but would do again...maybe in a big group and just have a laugh and fun.image

We had a police car stop us running up Ditchling road and asked what we were doing...told them it was a midnight half marathon in aid of the BHF...they wished us well and said keep going....thankyouimage

Tracey...great to have met up with you and other half....well done with your time you did fantastic...how do you feel today?  And well done on your fundraising...............Apart from my back.....my knees......and my very sore right foot....i feel great....oh and i ache all over....got home at 4am had a shower and got into bed at 4.35am and woke up at 8am...what the hell was that all about?image     May catch up with you again sometime and yes my wife was very cold, tired, hungry and thirsty.

• Options
    Was given a 12.45 start time. Fun that i thought and went off anyway. More of an event than a race but ok once you passed the early drunks and pedestrian crossings. Missed my warm bed. Glad I did it but not gonna do it again. I saw you there Bliss.
  • Options

Tonka Boy, feeling satisfied that I did it! Couldn't have done it by myself/without OH. I would have pulled out for def by the time we got to the Woods! Slightly sore quads. Did housework yesterday (after getting to bed 5am and up at midday!) which kept my bones moving... slightly cranky today (bones not mood!) but son wants me to take him and do Boxercise tonight! Planned a swim myself.. never mind. It's lovely Mrs Tonka supports you image

Of course you did Derry. The BRC clothing was a bit of a giveaway! Presume you don't stand out in a crowd so I didn't see you?

• Options
    Somebody got stabbed on Ditchling Road in the early hours which is why the Police stopped to talkto you Tonky. Had Skins shorts on TB but the cold weather ensured that I didn't stick out-even stood next to you x
  • Options

Obviously not noticeable then image Were you queuing for the loos? or by the start?

• Options
    I just turned up,registered and ran 5 minutes later. Hung around a bit a the end drinking coffee waiting for my friends to finish. I don't think midnight races are going to catch on unless they are in Norway in June or something.
  • Options
    Well... didn't see you so perhaps that makes you some kinda wierdo if you stood next to me and didn't say hi image
  • Options
    I didn't see you really. What time did you start?
  • Options
    image we got there at 11 and was given a 12.15 start. Then realised no-one would know if you went with another lot, so was going to go at 12, but was queuing for the loo. 12.10 or thereabouts in the end.