Options

Crap at relationships

Comments

• Options
    Tends to happen when people put their washing in, wander off to find more stuff and don't check.  Of course no cat would dare go near your dishwasher ....
  • Options
    Yep.  My dishwasher is to me what blue suede shoes were to Elvis.
  • Options
    Something you don't want people to step on? image

Afternoon, by the way!
  • Options
    Evening image
    Hope all went well today image
  • Options

Afternoon Sweetie image  How did it go today? 

After your warning, BDB put a 1 metre exclusion zone round his dishwasher. 

• Options
    I'm about to dash out to experience Zumba.
    I feel I need to say that this is not my choice, it is not the kind of thing I would normally do or enjoy as I have the dancing ability of a dying gnat, but my friends are insisting that I try image
    Knowing my luck, I'll twist/strain/break something... image
  • Options

Some of the girls from work go to zumba, they suggested I went along one night, I think they might just want a laugh image

• Options
    Evening, lovelies.

Today went fine - I have updated my blog to reflect events/thoughts over the last few days.

Zumba is fantastic fun! LD is doing it instead of me at the moment but as soon as I can, I want to return.

LD is cooking a Thai meal for us this evening - yum!!
  • Options

Zumba is my idea of hell. image

Harry Potter in 3D was good fun yesterday.  I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would.  So much so that I'm tempted to catch up with the previous ones, so I can realy catch up with the story line and I never thought I'd hear myself say that!  image

Also enjoyable just to have a midweek night out with my mate.  We treated ourselves to a meal in a Turkish restaurant who do fab lamb and then did the '241' cinema trip.

Previews of other films suggest there are some fun films coming out this summer if you're a bit into sci-fi and semi-spooky stuff.  image

• Options
    CorinthianCorinthian ✭✭✭
    I'm a black belt fifth dan in Zumba - I can kill with one flick of my hips.

Not feeling very well today... in fact I feel downright shit; feel all feverish and shaky and have had to get the train home as couldn't drive due to dizziness.

Am off to bed to try and sleep it off
  • Options
    Oh no Corie.  I've just had a horrible bout of lightheadedness and other symptoms like you describe.  I hope it's not what I've had.  I'm still not over it and it scared me a bit.  A chap at work and one of his clients have had the same thing and it made him a bit panicky too - seems to be one of the symptoms.  We both normally cycle to work but haven't been able to get on our bikes.  I was off sick with it and at the docs last week. image
  • Options
    Hope you'll both feel better soon. x
  • Options
    CorinthianCorinthian ✭✭✭
    That's exactly the symptoms Parky - I felt grim late last night when i was doing my paperwork but put it down to tiredness. I went the hotel pool this morning and felt crap doing my lengths; got out after 5 and could hardly stand up. I was tying my shoelaces and had to do it sitting down as I kept pitching forward.

Weekend's beggared up unless I can shake this off before tomorrow morning. image

Many thanks

x
  • Options

If it's the same thing, rest.  Don't push the virus around your body.  My workmate went out on his bike last night thinking he was over it but came home after 30 mins as he felt awful.

I'm glad you didn't drive.  I haven't felt like I'm going to pass out with it but have been listing a bit and wouldn't've liked to have been in control of a car.  I had enough trouble walking down the street.  Both the guy at work and me thought our brains had swollen and that something weird was about to happen - like exploding head.  I know that sounds dramatic but when lightheadedness lingers, you start to wonder what's going on.

I've been better for 2 days but I'm taking it really steady.  The aftermath is still with me and I've got a not-quite-there head.

• Options
    Oh and steam inhalation might help, as the virus may be in the ear, nose, throat area.
  • Options
    CorinthianCorinthian ✭✭✭
    Cheers Nam and Parky

Parky, sounds very familiar - I know it's not a cold as usually I welcome colds as it gives me the chance to drink more single malt! The thought of anything stronger than water at the moment makes me feel like puking.

I really am off to bed now, to try and sleep through the worst. I've got an Aldomovar box set I've not watched yet for when I wake up.

Laters

K

x
  • Options

Nasty Corinth - listen to Parky and rest up.

Glad you feel you're on the mend too Parky.  Easy does it mind.  The threat of me coming down there to nurse still stands.

What a lovely day I'm having.  This morning I was back at the trust, driving around a few of their shops.  Lovely sunny day for it.  Got home to 2 parcels.  One was my new shoos

../members/images/39798/Gallery/NewShoos_0.jpg

which I am ridiculously excited about.  The other was a parcel of short bread all the way from Aberdeen.  Thank you TP! *mwah* Really lovely thing to come home to.  Flatmate and I shall make light work of those bad boys.  Also had a message from a friend who wants to visit in a couple of weeks and another from a friend inviting me round to dins tomorrow night.  Can the day get any better?

• Options

<sprays strong disinfectant round the thread and puts on surgical mask>

You two look after yourselves, that sounds a nasty sort of bug.

I've spent all morning at work playing with my new iPad, it's brilliant and completely adictive.  I haven't found gawjuss bloke app yet though image

• Options
    Badly Drawn Bloke wrote (see)

Nasty Corinth

I know he gets a bit vitriolic on here sometimes, but that's a bit harsh!

Thanks Nam, BDB and TP.  I've not had a virus like it ever and I don't want to get it again.  Not that it's completely over.  I hope it doesn't linger.  I want to run, cycle and swim again at some point, without falling in the bushes or ending up on the ropes.

Can't see the shoe pic BDB ...

• Options

image Can tell you're on the mend if you're back to your old quoting tricks image  Didn't even need t edit that one.

I think the pic is pending approval.  Why do RW make these things so complicated?  They're only a pair of runners so nothing exciting to anyone else other than me.

• Options
    It looks to me as if there is something wrong with the link, BDB
  • Options
    I've uploaded the pic Mike but I tihnk it has to be approved as it's not showing in my gallery.  It's really not of interest to anyone other than myself.  That'll learn me for showing off.
  • Options
    Just wiggle your feet around in front of the screen and we'll get the idea image
  • Options
    I'm not falling for that.  Last time someone on the internet asked me to wiggle in front of the screen I obliged and promptly got banned from the library.
  • Options

image If it's any consolation, I was quite entertained by your wiggling image and you can borrow my library card anytime.

I think it's still on youtube ....

• Options

*pops in with surgical mask over face*

Huggles to all infectious types with weird bugs in their systems.  I had summat similar once last year which came with a generous amount of vertigo and subsequent fatigue and took a good while to shift... most unpleasant.  Rest up folks.

• Options

The vertigo could be to do with it affecting your middle or inner ear.  That's a nasty feeling.

Any more of us in here with surgical masks on and it'll start to look like and episode of ER image

• Options
    Get me 250ml of English Breakfast, stat!
  • Options

I was thinking more along the lines of 250mls of the finest NZ Sauvignon Blanc image To be taken orally and repeated as necessary.

Day off tomorrow image  and I have a fun TP focussed day planned ... if I can put Paddy down for more than 10 mins without getting withdrawl symptoms.