Options

Crap at relationships

Comments

• Options
    And I have nothing much planned so looks like a lazing about one for me image
  • Options

<shakes pompoms for Frodo>

Only half an hour until the off.  image

• Options
    Evening all.  I've been a bit domestic today.  I've vacuumed, cleaned my bathroom, cleared a load of shoes out of my wardrobe, polished some other shoes and done a couple of loads of washing.  What's wrong with me?  I've also been for a run to collect my car as I left it at a friend's last night.  Quiet night tonight with a couple of movies I think.
  • Options
    Blimey BDB have you been posessed by demons? I have mainly been being domestic too and time wasting with Paddy. I can't believe I let you persuade me to buy this thing image

DVD for me tonight too. I got Drop the Dead Donkey box set for Christmas and it's not been opened yet.
  • Options

howdy all, hair cut, hair dyed, mile swim done and brisk walked 8 miles in total. tired

10 mile race tomrorow eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek

swiming is getting well good even if I say so myself, overtook a bloke swimming in the next lane image the swim advice from the lesson is coming together even if it is a bit at a time. starting to ache in completely different places so definitely doing something different. whether it's right or not .... LOL image

no housework here, terrible bad loon, desperately need to do it but tomorrow will be a no go as well, race in the morning, then want to go for a swim and then meeting aunt uncle etc for a meal late afternoon/early evening.

oh and the really good news is I have found a home for the degus image  asmuch as they aer the cutest little things ever I really haven't got the room for them or the time they need. someone from work is having them imageshall miss the little guys but it'll be better for them

• Options

I know TP, what was I thinking?

Busy day there Loon.  That swimming is certainly getting better and better.

• Options

image let's hope it continues as my running isn't great and my cycling is, well .... hmmmm

how's all

• Options

Afternoon Crapsters.  I am bored and sulky today as rain has stopped what I had planned for play so I've come home and plonked on the sofa.  My usual playmates are away on holiday  so I guess it's the ironing basked for company as at least that will be warm and dry.  Might try the gym later on but I went over the dodgy ankle again yesterday so don't want to do too much on it.

I should have put a whingey moan alert in front of that image

• Options
    Oh, a very huge well done to the Ultra Hobbit imageimageimageimageimage who I hope is asleep somewhere at the moment.
  • Options
    I am half way through my two week "retreat". Fasting and abstinence have not been much in evidence. The last week was spent exploring Jungian archetypes. Whatever floats your boat, as they say.
  • Options
    image I have no idea what a Jungian archetype is.  Does it come with fries?
  • Options
    Mike, you'd disappear if you fasted! I'm sure that can't be good for you. That aside, I hope it's going well.

Ouhy ((((TP)))). At least it's a hot and steamy afternoon.
  • Options
    It's not hot and steamy here.  It's raining and bliddy freezing.  I fear I may end up watching the Grand Prix ... how did my life come to this ..... image
  • Options
    I meant the ironing being hot and steamy. Keep up me dear.

I'm watching GP too and have decided to iron some shirts. I usually just do them as I need them. I'm concerned that I may have shaken off my lazy mood. Too much domesticity going on chez BDB!
  • Options

Blimey, I'm going to have to pop down and check that you've not been replaced by aliens if this carries on.

Well, I suppose it's about as close to hot and steamy as I get at the moment.

Ipod and Ipad updated and synched so I suppose I'd better do the iRon now ....

• Options
  • Options

howdy all, back from the 10 mile race this morning with a sparkly 7 minute course pb image

tired.com now, might have a kip and then a swim before I go for a meal with family

hot hot hot out there it is

• Options
    Brilliant going Loon especially in the hot conditions. Well done image
  • Options

it's always hot for this race, if ever you want a bbq arrange it for the day of the harlow 10 LOL

felt really really good, took it very easy because of my hip and not being able to train properly. off my 10 mile pb by 3 minutes, but that was about 6 years ago when I was a young thing image but even so, struggeld round in 1.50.51 last time I ran this course, 1.43.52 today image so hot though.

my sister brought my two nephews up to see me finish, I'd said I'd finish anything between 1.45 and 2 hours, I had no idea how it was going to go. I saw the time was going to be good and was worreid I would miss them, but they'd just turned up image  

• Options

image Can we cut the references to the heat please <puts another jumper on> image

Well done Loon, great time on a cosy day and nice to have somebody at the end waiting for you image

• Options
    would have happily sent you some of the heat today TP image
  • Options
    And I would happily have accepted it.  It was lovely yesterday.  No idea what happened today.  Still, only 4 more sleeps until I am back in sunny Somerset where it will hopefully be sunnier.  I'm going to the seaside on Saturday image I shall be packing my bucket and spade.
  • Options
    I love the seaside image
  • Options
    So do I image  It's only a 30 minute cycle ride from here but its not the same going to your own beach.  I will be looking for mines in Minehead next weekend.
  • Options
    Good time Loon. Hope you'll celebrate accordingly image

I've not been to Minehead since my teen years. We used to go there for R&R when we were doing expersitions for Duke of Edinburgh Award up on Exmore.
  • Options

I expect it won't have changed much.  I'll send you a postcard image

iRoning done to the accompaniment of the vroom vroom boys.  I'm glad that Jensen won, he's cute.

• Options
    I'm pleased for Button too. Shame about Hamilton though. Would have liked to see both MacClarens on the podium.

My ironing is done. Final score, 11 shirts, 4 t-shirts, 3 polo shirts, 4 pairs of jeans, 2 pairs of trousers and 1 pair of shorts. Now I need to think of going running.
  • Options

i don't like Hamilton, he's a bit of a sulker I fear although he wasn't like that today.

That's a tidy load of ironing there.  Mine was mainly  work polo shirts & trousers, t-shirts and a duvet cover.

I was going to go to the gym but I'll go tomorrow after work instead I think.  I really should do something though ....image

• Options
    Afternoon all image

I keep falling asleep, but I am a pretty contented soul today. Thanks for the support, I know it sounds hard to believe, but I genuinely enjoyed near every minute of this weekend. It was such a different experience to road marathons (the scenery was better for one thing image ) but there were no dark moments, no I'd rather this was over now thoughts (well, a couple around the 44 mile mark).
    The only private tantrum, and it was no where on the scale of a road race rage, was with the weather (sorry, TP - but it was too hot on the first climb - I could't drink fast enough to replace the fluid pouring off me, sorry if that is TMI, too) and the terrain; my heart sank at some of the boulder/flint/scree laden down hills - murder on shredded feet and speed sapping.
  • Options
    Well done Frodo image  we're very proud of our Ultra Hobbit.