Options

Crap at relationships

Comments

• Options
    Fantastic achievement Frodo. I'd sleep for a couple of days straight after that. Plenty of fluids today I hope, some proper and some fun ones too image
  • Options
    Thanks again, guys.
    Fluid replacement is well under control, BDB image
    (I fell asleep after half a beer at lunchtime image )
  • Options
    Glad I don't have to rush down with some emergency SB there Frodo image
  • Options

Afternoon Crapsters.

Oi Hobbit... you have wedding mail. image

• Options
    Afternoon Nam - how you diddlin'?
  • Options

General Monday 'meh'. image

Washing got rained on... wet walkies this morning...

Weekend was nice enough though.  Spent time with various (individual) friends.  Cuppa with one mate, had another mate over for food and shared an agility lesson with another friend and her pooch.  image

Kara did well in her first pwoper lesson... her handler (moi!), however, is a liability!!  image  Whoever thought agility would be so complex???  And knackering!!!  You're in this field trying to guide your dog over jumps, through tunnels, across A-frames and seesaws... trying to remember to do it in the order that the trainer told you... having your dog on the side where they are meant to be... giving the right verbal commands etc.  image  And the bliddy dog is so much faster than me!!!  She pelts over that A-frame faster than I can run around it... LOL  Was good fun though. 

I'm having lots of weird dreams at the moment all about 'loss' in some way.  A couple of days ago I dreams Kara had got run over and it had been my fault, and last night I dreamt I had smashed my camera by dropping it.  imageimage

• Options

It's glorious over here.  Going to head out for a ride shortly as I need to rest from running for few days due to nasty blister on my instep.

It's horrid when you keep having dreams with a recurring theme.  Try not to dwell on them and hopefully you'll ride them out.

The agility training sounds very funny!   Anyone passing the field would think you're a right bunch of weirdos image  Great exercise though for both of you. 

• Options
    MadameOMadameO ✭✭✭

Evening,

Apologies for being AWOL the past few weeks... things got completely on top of me (a combination of work stress and my mind in general, which isn't always a nice thing to live with), so I went into my shell a bit. Starting to get some order back now though, partly because it's Monday 1st August - meaning that 1) every date this month has an 8 in it, YAY and 2) the month starts on a Monday, so it feels nicely structured.

Have had a little read back but know there will be a lot of stuff I've missed...

Have to say WELL DONE FRODO, that's incredible!! image I'm more wrecked after just a few miles off-road than I am after a full road marathon, so can't imagine what that must have been like.

So, how has everyone been? Any exciting news to report?

• Options

<puts out footstool for BDB>

I was wondering where you'd got to Madame O, glad to hear you're getting some order back into your head.  I like first of the months too, turn over the calendar, see what's ahead image

I have gymed.  Crosstrainer for 25 mins and then weights for about the same.  Orthotics are still giving me discomfort in right foot so I think it's back to the lovely Kevin to get them sorted out .... given they cost a small fortune.

No exciting news Madame O but life bimbling along nicely.

• Options

Evening MO - you popped into my head the other week too.  Good to see you.  Sorry you've had a bit of a time but glad you're getting through it.

No need to the stool, but thanks TP.  I'm being brave and calling it a graze rather than a serious off road incident.  More of a low speed get off.  One foot even stayed clipped in and I don't have them tight, that's how slow it was.

• Options
    More of a slithering to the ground than a fall then?  Still, it will be a bit achey tomorrow.  I saw a bloke doing the holding the pole slither when clipped in today ... I must admit I had a little chuckle .... as did the 3 other people with him.
  • Options
    I've done that too - broke a spoke and buggered the wheel in the process.
  • Options
    One of the others unclipped and sort of caught him before he did any major damage I think.  There were 4 of them, had been out for a long ride by the looks of it and just heading back into the city.  I felt quite envious as I was heading to the gym after a day at work.  Perfect day for a trundle.
  • Options
    Yes, really fancy a biking weekend away.  If only I could find the money tree that grows on the common.
  • Options
    Well don't go looking for it in the dark, you'll fall and hurt yourself image
  • Options
    MadameO wrote (see)

Starting to get some order back now though, partly because it's Monday 1st August - meaning that 1) every date this month has an 8 in it, YAY and 2) the month starts on a Monday, so it feels nicely structured.

LOL -- do I note a hint of OCD?  image

I think you might really enjoy reading Jon Richardson's "It's not me, it's you!"

One of the funniest books I have read in a long long time. image

• Options

Mawnin' all.  image

Anyone else having a really hard time getting out of bed at the moment?? image

• Options
    MadameOMadameO ✭✭✭

Morning,

Thanks guys, it's nice to be back image

Glad things are bimbling along nicely TP. Hope the orthotics get sorted soon!

Ouch BDB, sounds painful... the thought of clippy pedals scares me for that very reason. As for the money tree, if you find one send me a clipping!

And OCD? Obsessive maybe, compulsive definitely, but there is nothing disordered about order image Thanks for the recommendation Nam, that looks ace... is it worrying that I think he sounds quite reasonable though?!

Day 2 of the shiny new schedule today - track session after work *eeek*

Have a good day everyone!

• Options

I'm probably the least OCDish person you could find.  I think I'd have that chap jumping out of the window in 5 minutes flat.   Might have a look at the book though when I've finished the current crop of reading material.

I'm feeling distinctly under the weather today, headachey and kind of clammy and very tired.  I hope I am not coming down with something.  I have a bucket and spade with my name on it .... not literally just in case anyone is worried image

• Options
    I don't know TP, naming things is a bit OCD isn't it? Doesn't quite cancel out the order in your car though so I dont think you've got anything to worry about.

I have been White van man today, going around some of the trust's shops, shifting stock and rubbish. Lovely day for it. Might even have a bit of colour on my right arm.
  • Options

hi all can I have an emergency whatever you can provide I dont' care what it is please

been up ALL NIGHT with a severe ear ache, couldnt even lie on that side. no painkillers touched it, ear had been blocked all day

went to docs no infetction thank god, he thinks the wax is pressing on the ear drum, been given different ear drops and some pain killers. if anydischarge or fever i've got to phone and he'll write a prescription for anti-biotics but doesnt' want to give them at the moment as there is no sign of infectino other than the pain and blocked ear. chances are good its the gunk, dried blood etc, from the surgery causing the ear to block. he said swimming is very unlikely to be the cause unless I've been diving, which I haven't

*SIGH*

and things were going so well :<

• Options
    That's carp Loon but hopefully it's just a blip,albeit a painful one. As there is no risk of infection, you can have one of these (((Loon)))
  • Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    I am single and love it that way
  • Options
    Ouch! Earache is the work of the devil. Hope you get some sleep tonight Loon.
  • Options

thanks TP, never had earache before, it's not something I'd recommend . the addition of the jaw ache makes things interesting

on a plus note the degus have gone to their lovely new home, shall miss thelittle guys but I really dont' have the room for them and wasn't really spending enough time with them. they've got to a friends mum who is home all day and was looking to get a couple of degus image the granddaughter will spend time with them as well. so they will be two happy gooies

• Options

Ah, I often get earache (having ears which are all wrong inside apparently) and it is a nasty sort of pain which nothing seems to take the edge off although neurofen seems to help sometimes.

Happy little degus then image

I'm tired tonight, horrible dreams last night kept me awake.  I don't like when the people in them are people I know which makes it all the more disturbing.  Dreams are meant to be sweet.

• Options
    aww, bad /disturbing dreams are horrible :< you have my sympathies if earache is a regular thing, it's not something i'd want to experience again :<
  • Options

Hi everyone,

Been a few weeks since i last posted here....well done on your Ultra Frodo - until i started reading RW this year i honestly had no idea there were events like this....and there i am fretting over doing a 10K.

BDB - have started an speed session once a week, and i really did enjoy it. You'll have to get someone else to drive for you the next sunny day (ie tomorrow) so you can get your left arm tanned to even them up.

Hope your ear ache improves Loon. I've well and truly got my new trainers broken in, and they are no longer white/blue/grey - more brown/blue/grey. Have to admit i had to google what a degus was - they are very cute.

Got a new toy to run with - a Garmin 305 - its seems very good, and i'm sure it'll be even better when i work out what all i can do with it.....its very big though - so i'll be mortified if anyone stops me to ask the time....image

• Options
    I bought a 305 a few weeks ago as a replacement for my ancient 201.  It's still in the box waiting until my ankle mends and my mojo returns from holiday image It sent a postcard a few weeks ago so it should be home soon .... all sleek, tanned and ready to train for Avie half and the Slog.