Options

Crap at relationships

Comments

• Options

That's good news.

I consider you to of superior stock, above that of simple domestic chores.  Will that do?image

• Options
    Hmmm, I suppose I can see you reasoningimage
  • Options

Evening image

Returned to normality now and am home from holiday - a few minor hiccups with flight delays (only 3 hours, but there is only so many times i can walk round Duty Free). We were much luckier than some people who had theirs cancelled altogether.

Mima, sorry things weren't as good on Saturday night when you met up with your friend, but maybe because there was a third party there the timing may not have been right. See how things are when you meet up during the week. (Remember also that she may be a bit cautious too, especially if she knows you are just out of a long-term relationship, so neither of you probably know what the other one is thinking, unless you say). Hope things are okay too with the job situation.

TP i am most impressed that you have packed already....hope you + S have a fabulous relaxing holiday, good weather (not that i can remember where you are going), lots of SB and nice food. Maybe by the time you come back i will have set up a FB account so i can see your pics image. (Lol re the dishwasher image).

I wonder how Caz is today - no doubt aching all over after yesterday.

• Options

Glad you got home safe sp72 - delays suck royally!

Today started out ok (was at the ex's last night as we had a nutual friend over) and we went out for our planned 10 miler this morning. She refused to slow down enough to run with me past about 8 miles when I was starting to hurt and went off without me.

I got back and it just went downhill - big row, both of us shouting at the other, lots came to the surface which was a good thing but I hate arguments...probably the reason we never had any when we were together. We worked things out...but I think we'll have a few more of those yet image

Feeling emotionally drained now - and more bloody confused than ever.

• Options

Aw thats horrible for you Mima....you are probably right though, i'm sure there is alot more to be said, but i think it is better to get it out in the open, and if you are to maintain your friendship it needs to be said, otherwise anger and hurt just fester and one or both of you will be unhappy.

Big hugs to you, and you know we are here for you xx

• Options

Thank you SP...I'm shattered. Feeling very sad, I don't like it when I lose the plot like that...the complete loss of control is scary. All I want really is to go back to when it was ok and not over and broken. But I know that won't happen. I'm rubbish at relationships clearly.

I'm tired of always doing the looking after - looking after everyone since I was 10. Tonight all I really wanted was someone to look after me, to cook me dinner and let me curl up next to them while I had my hair stroked. Nothing major, nothing extravagant but I am just very very tired of being alone.

Sorry chaps...don't mean to be quite so crap, this seemed like best place for it though.

• Options
    snails pace 72 wrote (see)

Mima you have mail image

you are a star xxx

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Hi guys!  Race report over on my Good Luck thread if you have an hour or two to spare.  I'm not feeling too bad today thanks to G and Bear for both looking after me.

Wow, looks like it was a busy weekend here.  I'm afraid I'm too tired to be able to think of suitable replies to everyone, but I am thinking of you all that are going through rough times and I will put together a more thoughtful reply tomorrow

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

*Brushes away cobwebs*

Hello?  Anybody there?

Things are generally good for me at the moment.  I had a bad moment on Monday, but I kicked myself into gear and turned the negative energy into something positive.  I'm now getting stuff done that I have been putting off and feeling that i am moving on again.

Had a relaxing swim with a very lovely person last night.  There could be potential there when I am ready.

• Options

Oooooo, sounds interesting Caz image  Potential is always good. 

Sorry to hear things are really crappy Mima.  Break-ups are totally shit, and possibly even more so if you're trying to remain friends.  Getting stuff out in the open is probably a good thing, although that can hurt sometimes, so look after yourself.  If I was any use at replationships myself, I could pro-offer words of wisdom, but unfortunately I suck at them, so i'll just offer you lots of hugs instead ((((Duck))))

Is TP on the boat now? Fingers crossed for a non-Italian Commander at the helmimage

My back is totally goosed this morning which is a royal pain in the arse (or back), but going to the gym later to see if it helps.  It did the last time, so fingers crossed. 

• Options

Some crapsters feeling crap I see - apart from TP on the cruise of a lifetime. Having a bad moment myself today -  it was 20 years together so I guess it will bite me on the bum sometimes when i think i have moved on.

• Options

Oh PS I am sorry...makes my 4 ish years pale by comparison. Have a hug...and know it will get better lovely. ((PS))

• Options

Going to Sunderland for Bruce Springsteen with old old friends (in that I have known them for long!!!) tomorrow. That should sort it. 'Glory Days' is the song.

Hope people are doing a little better! I cant offer wisdom either

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

PS, 20 years for me too.  The most recent wobble was because I went home to discover that he has started redecorating the house.  I was initially angry that he has the cheek to redecorate without me, then outraged that he had no right to do things to a house that I still own, then hurt that he had chosen now to start on it when we have been planning it for about 5 years but never found the time before.  Then finally I accepted that maybe he needs to do this in order to help him move on.  At the end of the day, hes going to be left with the house and has to live with the decor.  I'll be out of there soon.

• Options

Oh Caz....wish I could give you a hug! You know you always have a spare sofa bed here if you need to escape. I know, not geographically central but if you need it.

American girl text me last night, asked if I was free for a bite to eat and that she thought she owes me a drink. I was in an area of naff all reception so by the time I received it, it was too late. I asked about whether we could do Sunday and all I go was a Maybe. Explained I wasn't ignoring her but was in no signal areas and nothing. I have a feeling this friendship may sour rather quickly at this rate.

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

I'm ok Duck.  I've managed to turn the negative energy into positive energy and it has spurned me on to get out of the house quicker.  I now think it unlikely that I will go back there once the house sitting is over.

• Options

Good girl! that has made me smile.

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

Just need to decide where to move to.  I'm thinking somewhere down the A3 corridor, but I'm not sure where.  Depends on cost and availability, but also I need to decide what is important to me - the sea, and which friends.

• Options

Evening peeps. 

Sorry to hear that you've all been having a tough week. I've been there and all I can say is that you do get past it eventually.  Very few people can just draw a line and never look back.  Good to hear some positives/happy times coming for you too.

Been a busy week hear with class and study.  I've bored most of you on FB already with how I passed my first exam.  I have the second part tomorrow.  Been going through mock paper for that so I should be ok.  If I pass, that gives me a certification - first qualification I've obtained since I was 16!  Another exam on Monday then start the 4 week course which move be towards a more meaningful certification.  So onwards for me image

• Options

Afternoon all image  Hope all the crapness is dispersing for everyone.  My back is MUCH better than it was on Wednesday, so must have been a random freaky day.  Very odd.  Off for dinner at a friend's tonight, off to see Dad during the day tomorrow, then another pal's for dinner in the evening image  Result.  Then......TWO WEEKS OFF!!!!! imageimageimage  Cannot wait.  Sooooooooo excited about going to the Outlaw, esp. since I don't actually have to do it, lol

Well done on the latest exam BDB image  Hope you manage a night or two off before getting stuck into it again.

• Options

Great news Lee that your back is OK again and image to a fortnight off.

I passed my 2nd exam today so am now have a certification image  Taking the night off of study but staying in as I have class in the morning and will be studying all weekend for the next exam on Monday.

Hope everyone has fab weekends.

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

So far the weekend has been fab,and crap.

I have been swimming down Dorset way - in the Frome on Friday,followed by two sea swims today.  The second one was a bit scary as not enough of us knew the sea around that area well enough and the waves were rather tough.  All of us didn't make the full planned distance, and we had a scary hour when we thought we had lost two people, but they turned up save eventually.

• Options

Glad all of you were okay Caz - scary stuff image

When do you do your Channel swim?

Lee hope you have a great time off.

BDB well done on passing your second exam - if you need any help with your course, you knnow i'm a whizz at all things IT-related, so ask away image.

Mima i hope you're okay.

Hope everyone else is having a nice weekend - also, ou est Nam?

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

I think you mean Wo ist Nam?

SP, the swim sounds worse than it was.  Everyone was safe at all times, but poor communication meant that we didn't know what had happened to some of the group and that lead us to worry.

The Channel swim is about 3-4 weeks away.  The window opens on 19th July but we won't know when we are going until about 24 hours before.

• Options

Hello Honeys, I'm home image

Had a fantastic time, loved all the places we visited, boat was brilliant (Swedish captain Pea so no worries on that front), all in all a fabaroonie holiday image  Weather was great in Germany, Estonia & Russia but it chucked it down in Sweden & Finland.  It couldn't decide either way in Denmark.

Postcard on its way BDB as requested.

Prepare to be bored to death when I get round to downloading the hundreds of photos and uploading them to FB ..... you have been warned.

Well done on the exam BDB, I'd have said you were due to be certified a long time ago .... image

• Options

Welcome back TP! Glad you have had a fabby time!

• Options

Welcome back TP - glad you had a good time. Bet the food on the boat was yummy. Were you affected at all by the RBS?Natwest problems? My bank (Ulster Bank) is owned by RBS, so i didn't get paid yesterday. However, if you brought your payslip and ID into the bank, they let you withdraw on that amount which was good. It was a bit worrying though when i went in and they had a security guard present - apparently some people had been very irate - but at the end of the day, it isn't the cashier's fault, sure they probably bank with them too and are in the same position.

It rained all night here - took me ages to get to sleep (but i blame watching 'The Killing' when i was in bed, the bit at the end made me jump out of my skin - even though i knew something would happen, so turned the sound down in preparation and put the subtitles on). I'm such a wuss image

Hope everyone has a good day.

• Options
    Welcome back TP! Glad you didn't sink somewhere off the coast of Russiaimage will look forward to viewing the holiday snaps image

Just popping in to say hello and popping back out again. At my sisters, haviong a fab time. My youngest niece was in a sports comp yesterday; they did 4 events, and she won one of them by a mile, and then her school won overall, out of 32 schools!!! She doesn't get her athleticism from her Auntie Pea, thank christ! Anyway, off out for a pub lunch now image. Have a great day folks image xxx