Options

Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

Comments

• Options
    Morning folks.

If short hair makes you faster, I must be lightening made flesh given my lack of hair...

Good luck to you both, Toby and Spen - hope it goes well.

Gary - good news re the hamstring and hope you're back running soon.

Booey - I'm with you re the treadmill. It was great to begin with and really helped to build confidence but now I really really really prefer running outside and find the treadie soooo boring.

That said, I'd be happy with any sort of run at the mo because I've pulled my hamstring again. Same as last time I think, so just a minor niggle that I don't want to aggravate. I'm supposed to be doing the Wakefield 10k with friends on Sunday, but can't see it happening the way my leg feels presently. Oh well, there's always another race...

Waves to the lot of you!
  • Options

I don't think I will worry to much about how long my hair is just yet and my times image never going to be a Radders with my stumpy little legs image

Words - sorry to hear the hamstring has gone again, same one?  Rest up and take it easy although annoying when you have races booked

Toby & Spen - I know I said it already, but loads of luck and cant wait to hear all about it image

• Options

Booey - thanks again, did not get round to having my hair cut yesterday, too busy at work and did not get a lunch hour, so Toby has got one up on me before the start. Still only got to last until 12.30 today and then off work until Tuesday, a nice long weekend in Brighton with my wonderful wife and children, my number 1 fans.

Words - thanks for the good luck, it may need more than luck, hope the hamstring gets better for you, i personally would not do the 10k, like you say there are other races.

• Options

imageBeen in full holiday mode since Sunday and have't run a step, and it's been eating-out, taking-out and choco-loading all week, feeling pretty sorry for myself to be honest, not looking forward to what the scales will have to say on Monday morning.  Need to re-focus, hopefully if I eat clean from now it wont be too bad!  At least I'm still able to get into my work trousers, although they do feel a little tight again.  image

Good luck for the weeked guys (starting to think I need a haircut now)

• Options

LMAO @ JLB3 - the haircut could help when you step on the scales imageimage hehe

Have a great weekend everyone image

• Options

Evening all

Well here i am sat in flat looking out over the sea arrived at Brighton at about 2.30 wife got the biggest shock of her life as the daughter was here waiting to greet us she had wanted to come home for the weekend to see her mum as it was the wife’s  Birthday this week

But i had told her we were down her so we arranged between us to have her come down to Brighton instead without telling her mum

Been to the Exbo and had a massage bought a gel belt and the daughter has signed up to run Brighton next year well i couldn’t be out done now could i so yes i have signed up to run next year

i got the shock after the massage the wife only gone and signed up for it to i told both her and the daughter they need to start training now and to try a run walk plan

The half way point is right outside the hotel so the daughter can just fall out of bed and come down and cheer me on

• Options
    JamesBJamesB ✭✭✭
    Went out for a run at 92.2 kg, ended at 87.2 kg o_O !
  • Options

walked up to Preston park by the time i queued for the loo and dumped my bag and met Spen it was time to go to the start couldn’t find the 4 hr pacer to start but they turned out to be behind us but not for long race got away on time but muggings here got 30 yards past the start and realized he hadn’t turn his Garmin on

The first 4 hour pacer went by us after about 2 miles but she was running 8:20 pace which was too fast for me so we soon lost her

The race went well run into one or two from this forum and me and Spen were together until the 13.5, 14 mile mark when i lost him

am kicking myself now as i had to stop for a loo break and forgot i hadn’t turn the auto stop of was going well until about the 19.5 miles when the legs began to complaining badly but managed to keep going the support on the promenade was fantastic as provide a much needed boost but i was really gritting my teeth at this point the time on my Garmin was 3:59:16 i new that wasn’t right but was hoping i would still be under the 4hr mark course as i said earlier i had forgot about the auto stop being on

So have been on the Brighton web site and my chip time was 4:00:28 so just outside the 4 hrs but still a new PB BY 13 MINUTES

• Options

Toby that is an awesome time image image well done I am so so pleased for you image must have been great with your wife and daughter there to cheer you on and all 3 of you doing it next year image

I thought about you and Spen whilst I was doing 7 miles hehe

Celebrate tonight you really deserve it image

• Options
    Massive congratulations Toby - that's an amazing time! Well done - and hope you enjoy a few days' rest now. Brilliant stuff.

JLB - hope you've banished all the Easter excesses now!

Well, I ended up doing the Wakefield Hospice 10k today after all. I ran it in. 55 mins 18 secs, an official PB by 4 minutes (my fastest unofficial time is. 53:35). Fantastic weather and a really good atmosphere. That's the first 10k race I've done with honest-to-goodness hills, so I'm pretty pleased.

My wife also ran it - she completed it in 1hr and 15mins but it was the first time she's ever run the distance and I'm really proud of her.

My hamstring held up until I foolishly decided to sprint for the line and it twanged with 25m to go. Doesn't seem too bad tho so I'll rest up for a week and try and get a Physio to look at it.

Hope everyone's well.
  • Options
    Word well done on the PB and a big well done to Mrs word
  • Options
    Words - well done on the PB for the 10k image especially as you didn't think you were going to do it
  • Options
    Great work on all the PBs gents! Sorry about the hammy words, it is hard to resist the old sprint finish!

Still been misbehaving, just polished off an obscene indian take-away; diet starts (restarts) on Monday!

At least I did Parkrun, went off much too hot, 4:13 for the first K and absolutely suffered for the rest of the run, but managed to hold on for a 23:08 PB. I'm sure with a steady pace I could comfortably go under 23:00.

Will report in with the bad news from the scales tomorrow.
  • Options
    Thanks folks!

JLB - that's a good Parkrun time! Well done. Hope you enjoy getting back on the diet wagon!

Travelling back from Yorkshire today, back in the office tomorrow after 8 days off image

Hope you all have a good week.
  • Options

Weighed in at 164.5lb, I think thats 2lbs on for the fortnight and 3lbs heavier than my lowest, could have been worse!  Back on my best behavior.

• Options

112kg this morning - first marathon on 30th september this yr

hope it comes off fast!

• Options
    Could have been worse, JLB!

Graeme - I'm running my first 26.2 on 30th Sept too - in Berlin. Where are you running?
  • Options

Just done a quick 3.5 miles did 6.5 yesterday image

Anyone know what Spen's time was?

• Options

Spens time was 4:29:53

• Options

Toby - when you said you lost him I wasn't sure which way round you meant image you were faster or he was image Spen's time is still a very very good time he must be pleased

Hopefully get to hear from him today image

• Options

Hi all, still got a 5min pb could not keep up with Toby, the pacer we were following at the start also went off too quick which did not help, but still finished and got another medal, I am not doing Brighton next year, my main aim for next year will be a 100 miler, but may do a marathon as well. Need to get out running tomorrow as got MK Marathon on 29th, hopefully that will go abit better than Brighton.

take care everyone.

• Options
    Good to hear from you Spen and a big well done image image and a great time image  another Marathon in a couple of weeks wow, good on you image
  • Options
    Booey - thanks for that, the stupidity goes on, after MK the serious training starts, I have a 70 mile ultra on 13th July, then nothing else planned for the year.
  • Options

Afternoon all

well still here in Brighton weather this morning was terrible rain lash down the sea was really rough glad we ran Sunday fortunately  it blew over so went for a walk we started at the 26 mile mark an ended up at the turn around point on the road to hell my goodness it seemed along way

Must say we weren’t looking forward to walking back but as we had stopped in the cafe the lady behind the counter told us how to get out at that end of the road by going over 2 lock gates and we caught the bus back (note to self remember that for Brighton 2013)

will have to wait until Friday when i get paid before me or the  wife can use are Exbo codes to enter

• Options
    Hi all

Well done Toby and Spen, great PB's for both of you.
    Words - Well done on the 10k PB, commiserations about the hamstring
    Booey - Keep up the good work with your running
    JLB3 - I'm sure that weight will come off again
    Graeme - What's your realistic target weight?

Went to see the physio again and she's given me the go ahead to start running again, whoop whoop!Tomorrow it's 15 minutes at 70% pace and then adding an extra 50 % time each time I run. She's also given me a series of strengthening and stretching exercises to keep any further injury at bay. I've put 4lbs on since I've been injured so am looking to lose that fairly quickly.
  • Options

Think I will add my story onto this:

I am 18 and a half stone at 6'4, I really want to lose 3 stone but an absolute minimum of 2.

I will be getting weighed on a weekly basis so hopefully this thread can also help me image

• Options

welcome to all the new posters welcome to our happy band of losers

(and i do mean that in the best possible way)image

• Options

Congrats on the marathon, Spen,image and good luck for MK. Got to say that ultras have never appealed to me though.image

Gary: good news re getting back into training! image 

Welcome Jonny! The heaviest I've been is 18 and a half stone (at 6'3"). That was in 2009. I started running and got down to 14 and a half stone by Christmas 2009, then it all went wrong and I gave up running for no good reason. By March 2011 I was back up to 17 and a half so I started running again - I'm now back under 15 stone. All down to running and eating sensibly. Good luck with shifting those lbs!image

I'm seeing a physio on Monday, so will see what advice he has to give me re my hamstring. It's not a major injury because it seems to heal after a couple of days, only for me to pull it again the next time I run. I'm resting up until next week but have discovered that my leg's fine on an exercise bike, so I'll be using that on and off to help keep the weight down...

Hope everyone's OK.

• Options
    Words - hope the physio gets you sorted.
  • Options

Thanks....Yeah this is almost the biggest I have ever been and I dont like it.

As for the hamstring trouble, I had something similar at the end of last year (playing football). Even though you think it is fine, I would suggest resting it for at least 2 weeks. The more you aggravate it, the longer it will go on and the worse it will become.