Options

Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

Comments

• Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Hello to all the newbies image my offical weight in is tomorrow i'm excited as I might be bordering on being back down to my lowest weight which is 9st 7lbs.

• Options

Hi all,

Good idea for a thread image

I've only very recently started road running, having been to the gym/classes since the beginning of the year. I have lost just over 2 Stone since the New Year, which I am pretty chuffed with image However have come to a standstill with the weightloss, think it's my body having adjusted to things now i.e healthy eating and reg. exercise image

Always wanted to start running but wouldnt have been able to if I hadn't lost weight before hand....I started at 16st 7 lbs but am now 14st 6lbs. Good job I am 5ft 11ins tall so I could carry it off really....I think....maybeimage

Will keep you posted on how things go with the weightloss as I hope running will get it started again....yay. Will follow everyone's achievments too! 

• Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Well done holly.

i managed tI loose a lot lsat year, so know how hard it is. Sometimes as well a change is good, now your body has got used to your current diet maybe change it around, eat different gfGood for a week maybe even more food as well, the body sort of adjusts and sometimes needs kick starting again, and then you hit it with the diet again, sort of  tricking it slightly... Sounds a bit daf. I knowimage but hey it's worth a tryimage

well done with the 2 stone loss that's fab, and all that you can loose your body will really appreciate when you are running image

• Options

Today my trousers are not tight!

• Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭
    FrancesJones wrote (see)

Today my trousers are not tight!

HURRAH image

Humm I only had a little loss pigged out yesterday and sitll in my system this morning when i weighed in.  If i'd done it later in the day lot skinner image oh well.

• Options

LOL love it booktrunk, I remember having strict loo rituals when I was at weightwatchers.

• Options

Should start a Bridget Jones-esque weight loss diary!! image

• Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Hehe image

I lost 85lbs in a year march to march on WeightWatchers and did a weekly post on their forums about how each week went. Week 34, the week of my first marathon was the first week I gained weight image

• Options

wow booktrunk - thats an amazing achievement, well done image

I find the more training you do, the more 'weight' you gain... realised it wasn't actually weight, but water....stopped training for 2 weeks (was ill) and lost said water and went down to my 'actual weight' which was 5Ibs or so lighter.

• Options

Morning all

another 6 miles for me yesterday i was going to do the on the treadmill as a recovery run but it was so nice outside i went out for a run instead rest day today with 13 to on Friday with that and what i've done this week so far means I would have made up all the runs i missed last week

• Options

Afternoon all

14 miles for me today i was going to have ago at 20 but have to say i struggled from the word go and got to mile 13 and just couldn't face another 7 i seemed such along way which is daft after all the training runs for Brighton and that was only just over a month ago

• Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

Afternoon 

my second park run today. Around 26:33 (unofficial) really chuffed with that. Diet wise doing good around 9st 8/9 lbs image so only 1-2 above my lowest.

have a weird 8.5m run next Saturday, then a half two weeks after that image

• Options

Hope you all had a great bank holiday a little naughty over the weekend resulting in a 1.5lb gain this week so will have to knuckle down this week

Will have to be careful though as another trigger has appeared this week for no apparent reason i can put my finger on am feeling a little fed up and low sprit wise which is always dangerous for me as the fridge usually gets a beating

no running for me over the weekend spent most of the time gardening must get out today though

• Options

morning all

4 miles for me yesterday have too say i could get used to these short runs it was all done and dusted in just over 33 minutes

• Options

A couple of weeks ago I weighed for the first time since before I started properly trying to lose weight in August last year. I have lost just over 9 stone (130 pounds), and still going (about 3 stone to go I think). Literally never felt so good as I'm lighter and fitter now at 35 than when I was 21. All done through a fairly simple diet change, lots of walking and now also lots of running. Going to weigh more regularly now (now I'm not so scared of the scales I suppose) though the actual weight itself is not the be all and end all, it's all about my size and fitness now.

• Options

Simon H WOW what a fantastic achievement

• Options

Thank you Toby. I went from being pretty massive, shall we say, to recently running my first 5k race in 29:08 so was very happy with that personal achievement. The advice I've read on this forum has been helping me along the way too, it has to be said. 

• Options

SimonH - thats amazing image well done you image you must be very proud of yourself and also feel so much better - keep up the good work

Have a great weekend everyone

• Options

Cheers Booey, hope you have a great weekend too! (the weather here has just brightened up a lot too, should actually be a great weekend by the look of it!)

• Options
    booktrunkbooktrunk ✭✭✭

SimonH: Congrats that is awesome.

• Options

Afternoon all

Well what wonderful weather it was so nice i decided to just run till I’d had enough which turn out to be 16.5 miles before my legs said enough, enough and i had to run walk the last mile home so it turn out to be 17.5 miles all in all

wasn’t worried about the time or pace today as it was too hot to really go it

• Options

Hi all

I haven't posted much recently although I do read every day. Weight loss is fairly steady but I thought I'd best mention that today I completed my first ever marathon, the Kentroadrunner Marathon. I managed to get round in 5:11:48 (unofficial) which for someone who couldn't run for a bus 2 years ago isn't too bad!

Hope you're all well, has anybody heard from Wordslinger recently?

GFB

• Options

Gary well done mate fantastic result

• Options

Morning all

Well off to W/W again today hoping to have lost the 1.5lbs i put on last week but will have to wait and see then home change and out for a run should be for but may do a longer run if i feel like it

• Options

Starting to weigh myself again as of today. So watch this space for Friday's update image

• Options

10 miles for me today got around in 1:27:22 which is 8:31 m/m must start a taper now though as we have the Bradly stoke 10k on Sunday so i will just do a couple of small runs this week now

went to my weigh in and success i manged to lose that 1.5lbs i put on last week so I'm now back down to 10st 5.5lbs

• Options

Afternoon all

well just a little 2 miles for me today then what fancy mileage wise tomorrow

• Options

Afternoon all, weighed myself after my marathon and lost 4 pounds during the race. weighed my self on Tuesday and I'd put those 4 back on and another 2! Weighed myself this morning and have lost 4 of the 6 I'd put back on!

Anyway, enough of my swings and roundabouts weight loss, I managed a very slow 6 with the club last night with no reaction. I've also entered a second marathon, The Kent Coastal on 1st September.

• Options

morning all

well not shore what to do today we the Bradly Stoke 10k on Sunday so realistically i should just do a short run but I'm going to see how i feel when i get up

Gary well done on entering your second marathon i found 1 a years enough for me

• Options

morning all

ran the Bradley Stoke 10k  yesterday no PB for me as I ran with the O/H as pace maker we were going for 1:10:00 but as O/H  wasn't feeling 100% we got around in the end in 1:12:49 still a P/B for her knocking 4.5 minutes of her time

I've just been out for a run 10 miles today got around in 1:24:17 which is an Avg pace of 8:17 there were a couple of 7min + miles in there so the training pace is going in the right direction

weight wise not a good week last week put on 2lbs but as it was my 50th Birthday this weekend not to worried will have to pull it back this week