Options

Race the Train 2011

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    Will have a word with the farmer,but don't bank on it.
  • Options
    George - get British Rail to take over running of the train. Then it will be delayed to give us slower runners a chance.
  • Options
    If Arriva Trains Wales were operating it, the train would still be on its way.
  • Options
    Well this is Talyllyn Railway we are talking about.
  • Options
    Nick LNick L ✭✭✭

lovely event George - our club (Almost Athletes from Cheltenham) had a lovely time - lots us supporting on the 2nd train with purple flags and pom poms!

I managed to beat the train - and finished reasonably well.

Although this is a big event - it is the kind I like, in that the spirit of the event is for charity and good causes etc etc. Well done to all, particularly the marshalls who spent all day out in mizzly rain which cant be fun.

• Options

Agree entirely with Nick L - great work from the marshalls and fantastic local support. Proportional to the size of Tywyn it must be one of the best supported races around. Enjoyed the beer tent afterwards. Managed to get my blood alcohol level into the optimum dancing zone - sufficiently disinhibited to dance, but not so unco-ordinated that I was falling over people.

Nick L - may have seen you - was running behind an Almost Athlete at 6-7 miles, but then he went zooming off when we hit the hill to the sheep track. I finished just over a minute ahead of the train, but found it very tough - especially running sideways across the hill at about 10/11 miles.

Will be back next year, hopefully with a few more from my running club.

• Options
    Nick LNick L ✭✭✭

thiswayup - probably was me then. I beat the train by about 6 mins or so....and the other chap from the club was about 30 sec ahead of the train. The cambered field was tricky, but I noticed part way along that if you went higher up there was a more level track....something for next year methinks!

It is certainly an event where leaving something in the tank for the 'back' leg is worhtwhile

I imagine I will be back next year too - it is a bit of a social for our club.

• Options
    Please keep putting your coments on the RW race ranking. We do appreciate your comments and take on board your views in an attempt to improve the race.
  • Options
    Please keep your race rankings coming in. We do read you comments and try to take on board your observations to improve the race. We do appreciate your votesm
  • Options
    I've just got home from my holiday, and want to thank all those involved in this year's race. My third RTT, and my fastest yet, achieved by NOT listening to those who suggested that you should go for it in the first half of the race, and then cling on for the rest. That hill at 4.5 miles came as a bit of a surprise, but if you can get Arriva to run future trains I might beat one.

BTW - good weather? It just would not be the same, and the steady rain makes it so much more atmospheric!
  • Options
    Hi
    Have done this race for the last 7 years.
    I would like to thank all who took part in the organisation this year. My good friend George Watson once again has pulled off a top race. Congratulations once again for the event. A special mention should also be given to the marshal's and supporters who one again braved the Towyn weather.
    Hwyl am y tro

Alan Owen
  • Options
    Cheers Alan

Thanks for your comments and rating the race.
    Don't forget that online entries for 2012 are still @ 2011 prices.