Options

ASICS Super Six: Bridget (Sub-4:15)

Comments

• Options

re run in racing kit - yes probably a slightly pointless tradition which has just been left from the days of the very first schedules! - - I think it's more the wearing shoes than the underclothes that are key but 2 miles shouldn't make the kit too unwearable but I Ioften end up washing the kit I am wearing the morning before race day.

I think it's better for most to do that run two days before rather than the day before.

• Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    USB - it sounds like you're ready for action - I hope you have a fantastic race image
  • Options
    thanks Steve.........I was wondering..........image
  • Options
    I'm not planning to wear the race kit as one hot flush during the 2 miles will do for it!
  • Options

USB,,,,If I wore mine for just a mile it would be sweaty and smelling.............no way i would put it on the next morningimage

No wonder when you line up at the start of a race..........there are some really pungent odours around..

getting closer for youimage

• Options

And you image

Emailed my medical cert to Paris today and they confirmed it was valid in 20 minutes flat!

• Options

USB

Bonne Chance et Bon Courage pour dimanche! 

It's been inspiring watching your progress over the past four month's.

Looking forward to your race report next week. 

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭

USB In case I don't get the chance again, before the weekend, GOOD LUCK and have a wonderful time in Paris!  I have loved your journey over the past few months and I'm sure you are going to have a great race.  You have been a model SSXer and I wish you all the very best.  Can't wait for your race report!

Run like the wind Bridget  x 

• Options

Thanks WD and Minni.

I really must start list making, got halfway home before I remembered I was supposed to go via the local running shop to get gels image

• Options
    HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Bridget,

Good luck.  It doesn't seem all that long ago that you were starting training.

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Make that list USB!   Are you going to be able to update us while you're in Paris?
  • Options

Hope you got your gels!

Really hope you get all you want from Sunday, will be thinking of you. Enjoy the whole weekend with the other super sixes and looking forward to the details next week.

Safe trip.

• Options

I'll get them tomorrow Ruth.  If there is any problem there are 2 running shops in the centre of MK now so can get over there tomorrow night.

Minni - I am taking the Netbook with me and it looks like there will be free WiFi at the hotel so will be able to keep the thread updated.  

Did the 4 miles tonight and tried out lapping the Garmin myself.  Seemed to work ok, I just need to be sure to listen for the beeb each time.  As distance was set to miles I did 5 x 0.1 mile of strides  instead of 100m as that seemed simplest.  

Total of 4.12 miles in 44.09 giving an overall average pace of 10.43.

The half mile splits were:

Spot where the strides were image

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Ultra Sparkly Bridget wrote (see)

Minni - I am taking the Netbook with me and it looks like there will be free WiFi at the hotel so will be able to keep the thread updated.  

Great! image
  • Options
    Bridget, hiya,
    I am off to Town tomorrow and on Eurostar first thing Friday so I might not get a later chance to say good luck, run well and I will be looking out for you!!
    I hope you have a great race, let's hope it's not too hot!

I have bought Morrison's out of sliced malt loaf so it made me laugh to see you have it too but you worried me with the emailed medical cert as I was planning on presenting mine in person, fortunately that is alright, but I had to check again!!

Good luck and take care, hope all travel plans come together fine and that you and all the gang race well. Thanks for staying in touch on here, I am sure I speak for all when I say how enjoyable, inspirational and informative your blog has been.

Will look forward to comparing post-race notes!
    Hels xx
  • Options

I got my pre-sliced maltloaf for 50p - bargain image

The reason I emailed my medical certificate was that Mr USB pointed out that the name of the doctor on the surgery stamp was different to that of the doctor who signed it (GP trainee so therefore not a permanent member of the practice).  I knew that already but after he'd commented I got worried so wanted to be sure it was OK.

I've got several lists now but am obsessing that I have missed something.  

• Options

Hi Bridget,

Best wishes for your fantastic weekend in Paris, I know you will make the most of the experience and will have a great run on sunday. You have been fantastic on the forum, like a whirling dervish, and so, so funny.  I am sure thousands of people have enjoyed all the effort that you have put into the forum, as you have done with your training.
    You sparkle so brightly, and that is what we want to see from you at the finish line, so good luck for the race and I hope it all goes exactly as you hope.
    all the best
    shaun 

• Options

Bridget,

Wishing you the very best of luck with the Paris race xx

Hoping that you get the time you are after.... same as my target (allegedly!) image you have bucket-loads more experience than me at the distance so I am sure you will do it.

Go Bridget! 

• Options
    Hi USB just popped in to say good luck on Sunday image Look forward to reading your marathon report next weekimageimage
  • Options
    While I'm eating my prawn salad I thought I'd pop in and say "GOOD LUCK" for Sunday.  You have worked so hard and consistently throughout your training, even with the niggle at the start. Have a great time and looking forward to the race report.
  • Options
    Every time I pop in here I get all excited image  Busy eating my jacket potato at the moment, yoghurt to follow as per Ruth's instructions.  Then I really ought to go and get a few Euros!
  • Options
    Bonne chance USB - has been absolutely brilliant training alongside you 'virtually' and you have posted your run reports so well on hereimage  Hope you have a fabulous race and enjoy every minute of it - you deserve a fantastic result!
  • Options
    Salut.........BONNE CHANCE.........you wont need that you have trained well. ENJOY and have fun...........run a mile for me or two!!image
  • Options
    ooo yes and if you could just run 26 for me @ Edinburgh that'd be fab!! image

Have fun USB - you'll be absolutely brilliant - your thread really has been an absolute pleasure THANK YOU

x
  • Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    USB - we're all excited for you!  My mind was wandering this afternoon and I found myself thinking about Paris and the Paris marathon.... I had to remind myself that I'm not actually going or doing it! 
  • Options
    Good luck USB! (and to anyone else on here doing a marathon this weekend) Hope the PBs are forthcoming, the weather is perfect and everyone has a fantastic time image
  • Options

Best wishes although with all your hard work you won't need them.

Hope you have a great day....can't wait for the report...image

• Options
    BB ✭✭✭
    Have a great time in Paris USB and good luck for the race - you have done so well on the training, you will be ace. Looking forward to hearing all about it image
  • Options
    Have fun USB and best of luck for the race.  xx
  • Options
    Lots of luck USB- enjoy!!