Options

RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Comments

• Options
    Morning everyone.

Hope everyone is recovering well from the TM and various forms of manfluimage

I'm beginning to relax a bit and getting excited all over again.

Off for a 3m recovery shuffle and then I think it's time to start packingimage
  • Options

Good news Bro. 

Well done on the podium gang!

• Options

How exciting, Bro!!!!

Freemers: just downloaded MT. Looking forward to the podium announcements image

BarryB: nice running. You seem to recover well. I've only started to feel normal again this week - that's week no. 4 after the mara image

Nice reps carrot & DD

Minni:
    The Coastal sounds like great fun. I've decided to try one more spring mara in the hope that I will NOT get another chest infection this time around. Then do shorter and speedier stuff in the summer (10k, 10 mile & 2 HMs) and NO autumn mara.

Just booked cinema tix for Skyfall on Saturday image (movie only started in German cinemas yesterday).

• Options
    2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Morning-whats left of it anyway-all

Bro-good to see you getting in to the right frame of mind ready for Sunday.

Minni-close to 3? Sub 3 surely? .Nice to see you planning your next year . At this stage I am looking to do VLM April, 2 Olympic distance tri's next Summer and an Autumn marathon-Chicago/Amsterdam as A races. Enjoy the rest its obviously not going to be for long

Chick-Im seeing Skyfall on Saturday too.Hope I stay awake-I often fall asleep in the cinema. Wonder if after the Spring marathon you will be able to resist an Autumn one

Spoons-good to see you are feeling better

Free-make sure it is a very easy recovery run

DD-you're fast stuff is coming together nicely-whens the next 10k?

Should swim today but after my sneezing attack on Tuesday I think I will give it a miss and run instead today.

• Options
    Minni- nice planning, I like the sound of the Coastal.

Chick/ 2Old- enjoy Skyfall, I thought it was quite good.

As for planning I've changed my mind and decided to do VLM in the end. I also got my Berlin confirmation yesterday so so much for cutting down on marathons next yearimage
  • Options

2 old: damn true ...   especially if the spring one turns out to be shit!

• Options

Not targeting anything further than VLM just yet, but will look for a suitable autumn marathon at some stage image  Right now I have the Stowmarket 7 a week on Sunday, then the Norwich HM 2 weeks after that.  Then nothing until the new year - looking at three 20 mile races (well one is a 21) as part of the prep for VLM - won't actually race all of them though, just nice to do a long run with lots of company!

• Options

x-post - Bro - great, another one for the Green start in London then image

• Options
    2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Chick -'no Autumn marathon'image

Bro-'not doing VLM'image

Looks like the wine will be flowing at the Green start...

• Options
    So now Simon has upgraded our seats to premium economy. How am I ever going to repay him???image))
  • Options

Yay. Great news Brol. Was really worried that it was going to be cancelled on Monday/ Tuesday.

Be Ace ! You are going to have a fabulous run. Positive thoughts all the way.

• Options

Bro - fantastic - you will be able to stretch out and really relax, chill out and think positive thoughts for Sunday.  Simon, you are a top star image

• Options
    Yay, Bro, you get to travel in comfort image
  • Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Next club outing will have to be 'I image Simon' T-shirts! Thank you Simon for helping make Bro's trip special after all the worry.
  • Options

Fantastic news, Bro!!  Simon, you are a hero image

• Options

Minni - I'd like to think I've helped Bro a bit, but I'm not quite that important to have a hand on the upgrade button.image  As I said to Bro, let's wait til she's up in the air tomorrow morning at 11.30 before we celebrate.

• Options
    2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Simon- 'good job' Simon as they say and you should know better than anyone when we should start to celebrate so fingers are still crossed here. After listening to Mayor of NY just now there is no doubt -the race will go ahead.

Bro- maybe theyll upgrade to business at the desk...image

• Options
    Lol I won't take anything less than 1st class!image
  • Options

Bro - If you get upgarded to 1st class, you can take me with you insteadimage. Btw is Mr Bro running the mara aswell, or is he the support crew?

• Options
    Lol... I'm sure Mr Bro would appreciate it... He's the support crew only. He thinks that running anything above 13 miles is a sign of insanity. I made him join me for 15m once and he didn't speak to me for 2 daysimage
  • Options

Bro - At least he runs, and can appreciate your dedication, instead of asking why you've disappeared for 3hrsimage

• Options

Bro- Great news on the upgradeimage You're going to have a great time. Simon your a star. Can one of you post on here as soon as the plane sets off so we can all start relaxing please.

I did my first speed session Since Chester Marathon on Tuesday, 2.5m @ 8:30mm, 2.5m @ 7:42mm and 2.0m @ 7:30mm and the last .5m @7:20mm all felt quite good.

The kids are on half term this week and I was so busy yesterday that I couldn't fit a slow 6mile in, I felt so guilty all day as I havn't missed a session for a whole year. Today my mindset feels quite good, It's not as though I'm in serious training for anything so it's ok to miss a session or two!!  I will go out running tonight, in the cold, dark wind and rain...... I feel an excuse coming on........

Kiwi- Great news on your injuryimage

Carrot- No wonder you felt likeimage after the interval session.

Freemers- I've just downloaded MT to keep me company on tonight's run.

Minni- Nice A races there. Will you be setting any 10k/half A races? I'm still unsure what to do next year.

I have a half marathon trail race on Saturday, its my first one so will take it nice and easy.

• Options
    Simon- yeah, it's easier when they run as well. I drive him insane sometimes (like the last few days) but most of the time he understands how much I put into this madness and why it means so much.

Gazelle- good speed session, sounds like you're fully recovered. Good luck on Saturday, what's the target?
  • Options

Gazelle - No probs, I'll update as soon as it's departed, currently due to depart 11.30am.

• Options

My Hubby pointed out that all I'm worried about is Brolish getting to NY to run the marathon and that I'm not saying anything about the damage that the storm caused for people living in NY!!!! Can you tell he isn't a runner? P.s I am sorry for all the devastation that has been caused, just in case it came across that I havn't a heart.

Brolish- Yes I think I've recovered just need to set a goal now. No target for Saturday just running the event as a friend has organised it.

• Options
    Gazelle- there are many people in NY very much against the marathon and saying that its shameful that its going ahead under the circumstances. It's a tough one. I feel bad for the people who lost everything but also feeling very selfish in that I've trained for months and spent lots of money and want to run it! Some say it will be good for the economy, others that its the waste of resources when they're needed elsewhere. I don't know but I'm glad it's going ahead.
  • Options
    Anyone up for the Thunder Run next year by the way? The entries are open...image
  • Options

Brol - I was going to ask you about Thunder Run if NY fell through ! image

Thunder run AND lightning run are both open. Thunder Run is 24 hours July 27th, LR is 12 hours, March 24th.

Same team as last year? Think we have enough to make a second team likely since some wanted to do 5 laps. Speed Sheeps OH too.

And remember Mr Brol wants to do more laps. at least 3. He may not run long but he is fast.

Gazelle, enjoy the trail. Fun! Wearing the TR24 Gazelle shoes?

• Options
    I'm in for the TR24 and so is Mr Brolimage
  • Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Gazelle - definitely no 10k plans. I'll try and fit one in in the spring but it won't be an A race. Or B or C come to that. I've got 2 HMs - Brass Monkey in January and another in March. The second will be hilly.

To be honest I'm feeling really laid back about times at the moment. I'm enjoying running faster in general and getting some good placings so don't feel any need to put pressure on myself. I've had more of a relaxed approach lately and it's quite nice. image