Options

RW Forum Six - Sub 3:30

Comments

• Options
    Barry + Darren - the second half was absolutely awesome + I make no excuses England played brilliantly, their defence was excellent + the A.Bs defence was shit! Nearly lost my voice screaming at them to tackle! Was all very exciting + glad i got to experience Twickenham at full capacity!

Minni - w.t.f?! Someone thinks this thread is boring cause everyone only talks about running?! It is a running thread! Sorry everyone to have banged on about the rugbyimage

So lets talk running - Freemers - blimey that is an awesome y.k.w p.b, well done!!

Ant - nice one getting 10 miles in in those icey conditions, as you say x-country conditions next week might be interesting!

Barry - good to see you've defected to the winning team for Jantasticimage

Daren - awesome gigging, don't know how you find the time to fit it all in!

Minni - probably will have to count me out of jantastic, only getting in one run a week at the moment, focussing on spin/gym work to build the glutes back up.

Weeble - I hear you re christmas, have told o.h he can put the tree up if he wants, am in a panic today sorting Christmas presents + cards as the cut off to NZ is Weds 5th Dec, stupidly early!

O4S - I love that you have banned Christmas in your house. Sorry I missed the bit when you were suffering from the flood waters - hope it is all dried out + sorted now? Whhen do you break up for Christmas? We have to teach all the way up to friday 22nd, am dreading the christmas carol singing students already image
  • Options

Hi Folks

Just back from camping on the beach, swam in the Indian ocean just after dawn, try that in Northumberland in July let alone December! Only down side was the ,monster rave going on nearby, loud music all night stopped at  0700! 

OK I'll own up you lot only ever talk about runnings its bloody boring

Ran 21 miles yesterday at a fair old pace, I'll admit it I'm marathon fit! Nowt today too tired from a very disturbed night.

Right off to buy the Crimbo tree with DD1 & DD2, very excited. There was a time I would have said bah Humbug but DD1 & 2 love it and it becomes infective, though its not rammed down my throat as in the UK. 

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Simon - he got on great but I still haven't seem it. I didn't go because they were going to be there for about 3 hours. I'm not that dedicated!image

Kiwi - I could do with some doing some work on my glutes too. They often niggle when I'm doing faster stuff. That also seems to be where my fat gathers. image

See, no mention of running! image
  • Options
    Morning All,

5 miles of "fast trail walking" this morning and it was fabulous.

Not a twinge or a niggle in sight... Bring on Jantastic (before I get injured again!)

There, not a single mention of running... DAMN!!!
  • Options

Right then, I'm off for my (whispers).... Run image

• Options

To avoid boring anybody, in future, can we all please substitute running with YKW'ing.

• Options
    Hi,, im pretty new on the forum and am going to ask something running related, sorry! Just wondering if anyone knows anything about park runs up in Newcastle/Gateshead? Visiting the in laws next weekend and thought it would be nice to get out on a run sat morning?
  • Options

right, xmas decorations are up and I changed my forum name image

Hi Sarah and welcome. I live in Germany, so can't help with Newcastle. But Minni would know image

Minni wrote (see)

Mmmm image  Just having a browse around while I wait for it to get light and spotted this on another thread from one of our posters:   image

The 3:30 thread is a bit snoreee sometimes, they only talk about running, mostly.

You best not drop into the 3:15, or worse still the 3:00 thread then!

hm ... image   I thought we posted more about drinking or partying than running. Whatever ... that person seems to have a grudge to bear.

I ran today image, 6 miles and no knee pain. Hooray!!

• Options
    Minni wrote (see)

Mmmm image  Just having a browse around while I wait for it to get light and spotted this on another thread from one of our posters:   image

The 3:30 thread is a bit snoreee sometimes, they only talk about running, mostly.

You best not drop into the 3:15, or worse still the 3:00 thread then

Lol- so so busted! Minni- come on, tell us!

Gazelle- hope you enjoyed malibu last night- very well deserved. imageimage Sounds like you needed a change if you haven't been enjoying your running lately, so good call.  It doesn't mean you can't go back to coaching at some point when you feel like it again.  Go and get your mojo back!

Minni- hope the weather is cooperating today...

Weeble- nice mileage thereimage

Right I'm officially exhausted with this recovery week.  Way too much drinking. Look forward to a 3m plod later today.

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Hooray indeed Chicka.

Sarah - yes there's quite a few in the area. Have a look on the parkrun website and you'll find all the details there. I've only ever done the Newcastle one although I might have done a race on some of the Gateshead route.
  • Options

I have done a bit of research and I now also know who the culprit was!

It didn't actually take much guesswork...

• Options

Hmmm I can't find itimage.  Off to carry on with the investigation...

• Options
    Minni wrote (see)
    You don't need to put in your predictions for another few weeks but it might be worth giving them some thought and make sure we all set realistic but challenging targets. image

* although its not a competition. image

This made me laugh. I'm going to feel you standing over me when I put my goals in, tsking at any overly ambitious, point-risking prediction.

Not that it's a competition. Oh no, it's such a fun, relaxed activity that it definitely wasn't the reason I did a 20 mile run on a treadmill last winter.

And will all Team Minni members have to swear an oath of loyalty?

• Options

I'm back from 2 hours on the trails doing that thing we don't talk about because it's boring which is a bit like walking but a little bit quicker.

Cold out there today....

• Options

So, how can i put this??  image  Today I moved myself from Bath to Bristol by non mechanical means.................................

16 miles slow [about two and a half hours] with a quarter mile paddle in 6 inch deep water with ice floating on top image.  This was not ideal for the chest infection and general lurgy I am still carrying around in a backpack, so at my suggestion BA and I took off our socks and took the insoles out of our shoes before going through.  Then dried my feet on my hat [!!] and put everything back together.  We were going to go through without shoes at all but were warned that there was some rather nasty stuff lurking in the muddy depths.

The expedition was slow enough that I didn't have a coughing fit, but fast enough to feel well exercised - who would have thought 'unicycling' could be so much fun image

Minni you have to tell us who this eejit is - unless DD is being honest, in which case he deserves all the mud, cold and rain the UK can throw at him............

Weeble:  I did 25 miles in 2 stages for Jantastic when Mr O4S had just broken his ankle just so Minni wouldn't set the dogs on me.  Drove 13 miles from home, ran back to see he was OK and then 12 miles back to the car taking a shortcut.  I still can't believe I did that

• Options
    old4speed wrote (see)

Minni you have to tell us who this eejit is

I would tell you guys but I don't think it's my place to let the cat out of the bag.

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Me neitherimage we need to give the culprit a chance to fess up and grovel... image
  • Options
    Thanks Minnie, will have a look and see if I can recruit somebody to come with me.
  • Options

I can't fine the post. Someone needs to let the cat out of the bag....

Hi Sarah image as a newbie to the thread, do you think we're all boring like this mysterious somebody does?

• Options
    Oompa/Chick - Glad you both managed to get out without any injuries.

Weeble - I think Minni will want us to cut our palms and give a blood oath for jantastic this year.

Minni - Blimey, this is turning into another who dunnit, like 'who shot JR'.

Well after taking the day off on Thursday cus of the lurgy, went out this afternoon for some cycling x-training, Wasn't looking forward to it, and still very cold, planning 12m @8.30, but felt great, and ended up doing 12m @8.22 ave. Calfs a bit tight but otherwise ok.
  • Options
    Sarah - Welcome, anything to tell us about your running history/aims. Don't worry about the silly festive names, they'll only last month.
  • Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Don't mention the R word!!!! So boring.
  • Options

OK, my colours are firmly nailed to the mast - the next carol singer gets it.............

• Options
    O4S - I thought Spoons would of gone for the Scrooge link. I might like Christmas, but feel free to take down some carol singers for me too.

Minni /Daren - You know what they say, this could be a smoke screen, and it could be one of you two 'who didit'. 'those who smelt it, dealt it'
  • Options

I'm loving the festive names, keep them coming.

A.A. wrote (see)
    Personally rather than miles run I think we should log units drank!!

I'm in trouble!  I lost count of how many units I drank last night but definitely know I went for a nice leisurely 5mile run this afternoon.

Daren- What position are you in the band? Lead singer/drummer ect

Minni- I'm trying to sign up for Jantastic but have forgot my log in details doh! Can you sign up even if your not doing a spring Marathon? I'll be sticking to halfs and 10k's over spring.

I've won some blingimage Last night was my running club annual awards, I won the fastest lady(over a 1.3mile route)and most improved female of the year yippee.

• Options

When the cat is finally let out of the bag I think you will find it's a flaming rude one!

Minni -  Don't forget Homeland.image

• Options

Gazelle -  X post , congrats on the bling.

• Options
    Enjoy homeland - in having a hunt through the forums for the offending post but drawing blanks so far! I have a few suspects in mind!
  • Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Just sat down with my glass of wine to watch Barry. It's the highlight of my week. I hope it didn't peak last week!

Gazza - image result! Well done!
  • Options
    Gazelle- whoop whoop many congrats, well deserved blingimage