Options

Training for a shorter Tri

Comments

• Options

Hello all

i have been told this is a friendly and motivational place to be and rather than lurk, I thought I would ask if it's ok to sit and watch for a while

i did 1.5k swimathon on Saturday and got a PB by 3mins and 57secs.

Yesterday I jumped (ok, in the bounds of honesty) I inched my way into the lake veeeery slowly and managed to swim about 100m before racing out and hunting out the nearest burger. image

*sits down, shuts up, and watches from the sidelines*

• Options

Hello Kit Fairy. Was my favourite part of the swim watching you get in yesterday image Good work bird!

How was the day off Razor? Nice day for it! 

Steady - I am Walk/running at the mo. People race a plan around a walk/run strategy. Make it work for you and you'll whip round in no time image

P.s. I am always in the top 5 - at the  bottom of a results list! 

• Options

Hello everyone, sounds like training is going great for you guys and gals

I am so happy at the moment, i struggle with swimming but had some lessons over the last few months which helped huge amounts.

Before last night i have never swam more than 1300 metres without stopping but i managed to get up the lake last night and swam 6 laps non stop which was just over 4K in 1 hour 27 minutes. 

Im over the moon so now its just the bike and run to sort out 

• Options
    Hi Schmunks.

BS. Great swimming mate.

Mrd D. Day off was ok, I swam in the morning until the blue rinse gang came in managed to do 1200 mts then called it a day.Went on the bike, rode up to my daughter and Horse's house round trip 21 miles felt good and it was a warm sunny day image
  • Options

Oo ark at you Brizzle! You must be chuffed to bits. Good going (most jealous!).

Glad you had a good day MrRazor. Looking forward to you beasting Outlaw again image

I have spent some time on the turbo with Chrissie and run with the unenthusiastic dogs. Swim in the lake last night (not as far as Brizzle though image) ! 

So, who do we know running the VLM then? 

• Options

hi schmunks image

I swam (in a pool) yesterday, spinning and kettlebells today

ought to get my bike off the turbo soon....

• Options

Mrs D .... Looking forward to beasting Outlaw again myself image are you spectating, feedstation?

Too cold up here yet for OW swimming, the flash is open but only 13 degrees image

I went out for a run this afternoon intending to run 5 miles, first 2 miles were tough but got into a steady pace and finished up running 8 miles, avg pace 10:20,most of it on trails through the country park,so I'm happy with that image

• Options

Well done Razor, great stuff. 13 degree is plenty warm enough for a dip. 

Wel done MrsD, good training

Im getting a bit worried that the outlaw is less than 90 days away.

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

BS I did not want to hear that. It means even less until Outlaw half .

• Options

Ah, you'll both be Grand image  I have all faith! 

Razor - will likely be Feedstationing. Hopefully will be lovely weather again. Cant beat Outlaw weekend (free Erdinger image).

• Options

erm, don't mention how close outlaw half is please. Looking forward to the swim part! No idea how the bike will go! I seem to have stuffed up training, although I seem to always be doing something, neither the bike nor the running has gone to plan. However, I am going to try to make the effort to get to running club once a week. I have been doing a lot of spinning and turbo so maybe I won't be as bad as I fear

• Options

Maths - you will also be fine! Positive thinking madam!!!

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

PMA.

To everyone

• Options

BS... We don't need reminding image

Mrs D.... Great stuff, I'll look forward to you hurling abuse at me as I pass through image

and dont drink all the Erdinger save some for us.image What have you entered?

• Options

Razor - I am having a chilled out year. Been struggling a lot with arthritis and pain. Getting it all in hand slowly though. Doing a sprint for the fun of it and may do a few more. Just seeing how it goes. 

My year is generally supporting OH in his ventures really image

• Options
    Support is just as important Mrs D ????
  • Options

First tri of the year completed this morning. Cold and windy but no rain. Very lumpy on the bike. Over a 1000ft of climbing in 20k. 

Felt good and relaxed. now time to recover 

• Options

5 mile run this morning in Z2, avg pace 9:28 and felt ok.It was a sunny morning but it was really chilly until I warmed up.image

Bs...Well done on your first tri of the year, how was it?

• Options

Yeah was good to get back into the swing of things. Was only a sprint distance so more of a training exercise than a race. Tried to keep things comfortable but pushing at the same time. Ran around 9.30 a mile and felt good. Legs were tried after a few of the hills so need to improve this with the view of oxton at outlaw

• Options

Nice one mate, I'm shit on hills, I fell off going up Oxen bank last time, I ran out of momentum image

• Options

We had 4 inches of snow yesterday. I might not do any outdoor training this week...

• Options

Is it that bad then Razor? ill be pushing it up at this rate

• Options
    Not that bad, like I said I'm shit on hills ????
  • Options

Ah hopefully its not as bad as people make out. Also i hope to be a little lighter than i am now, being fat and going up hills is not a good mix

• Options
    AliBear30AliBear30 ✭✭✭

Oxen/Oxted bank is not so bad, just keep peddling and you'll get there. I'm from flatter than a flat thing Norfolk and still managed to get up it image

Managed a reasonable bike/brick on Sat and a 1hr10 run on Sunday so staying on the wagon OK.

My plan says rest day today then swim tomorrow, last night I decided to switch it round and swim this morning, but when the alarm went off it just wasn't happening.

So a failure to launch but I can still stay on track, just have to get up tomorrow image

Small success is that my easy cycles are starting to be just that image Nice to be out in the sunshine and enjoy the view.

• Options

Top work Brizzle on your first race of the season image Nice to blow off the cobwebs! You will all beast Outlaw/Outlaw Half image

I am also shit on hills due to being a 'chunky monkey' image

Good to hear Ali, plans are flexible as you said. I do believe that you have to listen to yourself and how you're feeling also. 

• Options

image Away for a bit and you started on the self deffication image MrsD bad lass. I'm a chuckly monkey as well you just have to keep digging away at hill's don't panic and it will happen over time chuckles.image

• Options

Ay up Mr Cake, when we all meeting up for a bike pootle? Long time no see! 

Forgot to ask... How's the snow situation Pete? 

• Options

image Whenever is good for you chuckles afriad been pratting about far to much lately and need a big kick up the arse. Managed a 30 miler today with luck going to do the same for the forseeable each day and build it up. Need to work out a safe way to get to your end from brum.

• Options

I suggest a car! image