Options

RunLiverpool Marathon 2011

Comments

• Options
    RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    Yay, you go girl image
  • Options
    I've got a mental pic of you surrounded by Mr Happy and a load of Rhinos now too! image
  • Options
    RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    Don't get me started on the rhinos. I always seem to hook up with Nick the rhino at some stage during VLM and he always finishes faster than me! I had to sprint down the Mall to beat Bertie Bassett in 2008 but there was no way he was crossing that line before me as we'd been passing and then dropping behind eachother since mile 14 image
  • Options
    well redhead i suppose it takes all sorts!!image
  • Options

I chased a 7ft bottle of Lucozade for 3 miles last year, couldn't seem to overtake the nurses in fishnets though.

• Options
    I'll be watching you all run the Liverpool 1/2. I'll be at the top of Parliament St. and then at the finish.
  • Options
    Regarding people moaning about this marathon, I had someone in work whining at me regarding (A)the stupidity of running this marathon and (B)paying for it, I could only reply with variety of colourful language, which I regret only that my profanity skills were not as sharp as usual due to a long run yesterday. Alan great job,
  • Options
    RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    Morning morning,

<skips in singing "Oh what a beautiful morning" in a Howard Keel sort of way>

LOL at Murps and Stublack image

Sc, you need to work on your profanity skills image

LB, hope you face is more mobile today.

My schedule says it's hill reps today but only 6. Hoorah!

Have a lovely day everyone image
  • Options
    The eight foot tall nurse is once again taking part on Sunday. I'll sure you will all see her. Nursey - mind your head on the start gantry and the underpass on the approach to Otterspool Park.
  • Options
    Oh! LB - I'm off to meet one of your lot this morning (I have no shame) JC 23 up at Melwood.
  • Options
    Is he going to start the race for us on Sunday? I REALLY REALLY hope so
  • Options
    all hail jc 23!!!! legend. tell him i said hello!
  • Options
    Soup Dragon wrote (see)
    frank mc dermott wrote (see)

Lads what is the course like for the marathon?

Flat i hopeimage

I've just been told that Liverpool is hilly.  Please tell me there's just the tunnel to fret about and one little sharp thing that the course description mentions.  image 
    image Who told you that? This lot don't know they are born. image
    Redhead wrote (see)
    Don't get me started on the rhinos. I always seem to hook up with Nick the rhino at some stage during VLM and he always finishes faster than me! I had to sprint down the Mall to beat Bertie Bassett in 2008 but there was no way he was crossing that line before me as we'd been passing and then dropping behind eachother since mile 14 image
    Same here nothing more soul distroying than one of those things sprinting past you. image
  • Options

Alan,

Make sure you gget a good wash when you get home,You don't know what you might catch going to them sort of placesimage

• Options
    Slimline chips wrote (see)
    Regarding people moaning about this marathon, I had someone in work whining at me regarding (A)the stupidity of running this marathon and (B)paying for it, I could only reply with variety of colourful language, which I regret only that my profanity skills were not as sharp as usual due to a long run yesterday. Alan great job,

Oh I'd have liked to have been a fly on the wall for that one! Are these same people, lithe, fit and healthy individuals or fat arsed chip munchers who couldn't run for a bus?image

AlanRothwell wrote (see)
    The eight foot tall nurse is once again taking part on Sunday. I'll sure you will all see her. Nursey - mind your head on the start gantry and the underpass on the approach to Otterspool Park.

No Rob - MUCH funnier if you crack your bonce! imageimageimage

AlanRothwell wrote (see)
    Oh! LB - I'm off to meet one of your lot this morning (I have no shame) JC 23 up at Melwood.

And you DIDN'T call me???image 

You fame hungry turncoat! Couldn't get Moyes to listen to you then?image

• Options
    He's too miserable. I'll see if I can get one of the images from earlier today and post on the web site. The shame is all mine... I did turn up in all blue though and had my EFC key ring in full view!!
  • Options
    LB, spot on with your description their. Anyway, it was the talk of the office today, I kinda felt a bit embarrassed today by it, but actually had a few colleagues voice support. Maybe if we could get a piece of cake in the bag at the finish it could prove the incentive to enter.
  • Options
    Alan- were you converted! did you meet * bows head and lowers voice* King Kenny?
  • Options

God bless him.image

King Kenneth, not Alan!image

Oh well, God bless Alan too then!image

And Yvonne.imageimage

Well, more Yvonne because she has to live with Alan....image

I'll go now.image

• Options
    I REALLY want to see those photos. Will they show Alan in pain or will he have seen the light at last?
  • Options

Hi everyone

This will be my 2nd Half Marathon (PB 2hr 29) ran my first 4 weeks ago in Blackpool started running last november.

A bit nervous i have been told around a mile and a half in thers is a bit of a hill but the rest is flat,looking forward as my Wife will also be in the race

Had a 9 mile run last sunday and been keeping my training light this week any other advice to a newbie would be appreciated will be happy knocking off 5mins off my last run

Cheers

Steve

• Options
    Hi Warkie

There is a hill at Upper Parliament Street not long after the 1 mile marker but that's about it. As long as you don't try and sprint it (unless you're called Jakesy) then you should be fine. I'm sure you'll get loads of good advice of everyone.

One thing I do is make sure that I've got my kit ready the night before, including safety pins and warm stuff to wear after the race.
  • Options
    I do that only on a bigger scale.

No, KK wasn't there although I've met him at the Santa Dash. he was really nice. So was Alan Kennedy at the 10K, JC yesterday and Phil Thompson (!!) at the 5K Team Challenge.

Best of all though (for me) was Joe Royle at the Santa Dash last year. brilliant. So was Beth Tweddle. Don't know who she plays for.
  • Options
    RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    Morning all,

Another glorious day here in redheadland and I was out running long before the lazy old cocks were crowing image

I've seen photos of that nursey costume and it looks as if it must be very top heavy (oo er missus!). I take my hat off to whoever runs inside that!

Hi Warkie, good luck with the half and I hope you get a shiny new pb. Can we tempt you with the full marathon?

<stares deep into Warkie's eyes>

Meeting anyone famous today Alan?

Slimline, stay strong in the face of the can't be ar$ed brigade. I suffer from the "should you be doing it at your age?" people. I think it's because it reminds them that they aren't fit and active and have settled for a sedentary life in middle age.

Happy running everyone - and Russell, please remember you are tapering image
  • Options
    Why, think of signing her? image
  • Options
    Morning Redhead x posts.
  • Options
    RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    Morning lfc. Are you all ready for the 1/2?
  • Options
    I like to say yes, but I can't. Just getting over a bit of a cold and sick kids.
  • Options
    Morning all,good point redhead, full agreement.
  • Options
    RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    <dons face mask and passes lfc zinc, echinacea and vitamin C tablets>