Just started running, come say hi!

Comments

• Options
    got a good site for you xmas
  • Options
    That's so funny, glad I watched it on my own first imageimage
  • Options
    Is anyone still checking in?

I have been very slack on the running front but with a new year around the corner and 4 weeks away with work training I'm hoping to dig the motivation out from somewhere. I haven't been completely lazy a thai boxing gym opened just around the corner so I am going there twice a week (when work doesn't get in the way). Now just need to shift this Xmas flu and start pounding the streets again, I know once I start the mojo will return.

Hope everyone has had a wonderful Xmas heres to the last few days before the new years resolutions kick in image
  • Options

hello Jshrewimageim still here...sorry to hear you have had flu, hope it shifts soon. lucky you having a new gym nearby-no excuses nowimage

have you got any events you are looking at?the 0x5 is in march-how abt doing that one? i will be there-can say hiimage

my training has been going ok really, a few missed runs because of dark afternoons and weather but im going ok. did 20miles on xmas eve and 22 for this sunday comingimage

• Options
    You are a machine LLB image I have just booked the Wilmslow half marathon on the 25th March it's not the cheapest but it's a month before London and it's not far from home. Might do the Alsager 5 in Feb did it last year and it's very flat and quick so would be a good indicator to see if my disjointed training has improved me any over the year

Well I had hoped to take the dog out for 3-4 miles today but the cold is back in my throat and ears so it's a duvet day for me image
  • Options

Hi jshrew, I'm still here too image

Sadly this thread seems dead so any suggestions?  You're on another thread LLB but does seem a wee bit too inclusive?

• Options

Hello all,

hows things been away for ashort while and youve all stopped coming on the thread no way what are you all like , hope you had a good xmas and new year band that things are all good.

ive finally joined arunning club and its going well , i still have not put no running plan together but hoping where that ive joined the running club that there calendar of events will be good.

well hello everyone once again. 

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    Hi JB, you've been missed. Are you back now? Hope the running club works out image
  • Options

Hello Cinders,

yes im backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk lol yeh the running club seems to be , they are a friendly bunch just gauge myself with them at the moment going to the speed training session tommorow night , its good for me as its getting me out and training as before i would just go out whenever with no real plan, so im hoping it will help me shave time of my times .

hows things with you Cinders , did the little man have a good xmas ?

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Morning JB

Which club did you join?  Sounds a good plan for cutting your times.  Enjoy the speed session tonight.

Yep he did thanks and a good birthday too, 4 now!

• Options
    Morning Cinders,
    I joined Tewkesbury ac its going well but im not playing football yet due to winter break.
    4 now flown by is he in pre-school? What threads are hot now ive looked at a few but a little embarrased just to join in lol
  • Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Got any runs/races lined up?

He's in nursery 2 days but just applied for school next Sept for him!

LLB is over on the run further 2012 thread now.  Don't be embarassed, once you've posted people are friendly image

• Options
    No runs yet im going to steadily plan them, i was speaking to a tri athlete the othee dat he has done over 250 events ive not done 10 yet lol
  • Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Wow, that's a full time hobby!!!  How long's he been doing it?

Just about to enter the Shakespeare half, that's my next one.

• Options
    I think a few years he is doing london marathon this year. Is the shakespeare one in november? A woman from a differemt thread dis it last year and broke her hm pb
  • Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    Shakespeare full and half is in April.  Maybe there's another one in November.
  • Options
    Possibly lol where is shakespeare at or is it me being a plank and ita in his birthplace
  • Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    Lol. Stratford image
  • Options
    Thought so lol could have looked stupid there ha ha so you dorma ng full or half? Llb does her first mara next weekend doesnt she
  • Options
    good afternoon all...yes llb does indeed go for broke next weekendimage
  • Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Doing the half this time image

Good luck LLB image

• Options

thanks cindersimage what time are you aiming for in the HM?

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    Hope to break 2.15.  What about you LLB, do you have a time in mind?
  • Options
    well it starts sunday so id like to finish by Monday......image
  • Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    Tut tut LLB. I know you've put the miles in. I'll say you will do sub 4.30 image
  • Options
    well, i ve been reaching the 13mile point at 2hrs each time and thats with slow pace...so allowing for fatigue and cramp setting in probably about 4:45 i reckon. there is a total cut off of 5hours and a 2nd loop cut off at 3hr45mins..if you havnt completed 18miles by tht point you are directed to the end without being able to finish....image
  • Options
    my cousin did shakespeare mara last year and said it was good. he did around the 4:30 mark , he also did the Eden project one in october too .image
  • Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    Are you taking gels or something to eat on the way? Do you need more? You can do the miles so is it fuelling? Take it that you are tapering
  • Options
    morning cinders, i have tried gels but not really keen. i usually take pretzels(salt)mini choc bar, raisins, and last time  a peanut butter sandwich, imagealso i feel a bit sick with powerade so i take one bottle of water and one of for goodness shakes which  seems to work. yes, im on taper which im not liking because i feel like im not doing much!!...last weekend i did a 10mile, 7miles on thursday, will do 8 tomorrow, and then prob just 5 on wed thurs latest...actually cant wait until taper is over then weekend after mara i can go back out and do 20 againimage
  • Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    Morning LLB, sounds like you have the *taper madness* image  Sounds like you're taking on enough fuel so not sure re the fatigue and cramps.   Which mara is it next week?