Options

Just started running, come say hi!

Comments

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuud image  Not got any lined up at the mo.  The *trail* run I did in Blackpool turned out to be 2inches of mud due to rain!  Such fun image

Sounds like some good events lined up there.

• Options

2 inches of Mudddd Such Funnnnnnnnnnn haaaaaaaaa lol my daughter loves Miranda she is in that Midwife program on Sunday night now .

Well thats what im thinking just need to action as the kids getting older at the ages they are at its harder as alot is planned round them, but i got to get set for them i need to Enter Brum again this year need to better myself , and with the training with Tewks running club im hoping it should pay off .

Are you planning anything abroad this year ? 

• Options

evening all.legs were fine yesterday thank you, no achey bits thank goodnessimage...having to go to work and go up and down the stairs prob helped...will def go back and do gloucester next year,... maybe the 50k though. am very tempted to go back next month and do the cotswold mara ....

..mud? hmmm maybe JB, um, well i could wear gloves like i did on sunday so my nails dont get chippedimage..

• Options
    um ...hey!! hang on ...WHO put a pirate sign on my avatar??????????????????
  • Options
    But its not just your nails its the mud in your hair and all over you putting your feetin where you cant see and not know whats coming next look forward to taking you round one lol
  • Options
    ...um *gulp*...image....mud in hair?...erm...but but but i might get my nikes dirtyimage
  • Options

Hey all hi,

whats Mud anyway lol we all have showers or baths and washing machines for our clothes and trainers lol

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Hi JB

Mud is fab but after Hellrunner even my washing machine gave up on my trainers and clothes!!!

• Options
    Howdee Cinders

My machine was good and the trainers I wore last Feb I still wear now LOL but will look to buy some new ones tomorrow.
  • Options
    Morning thank goodness its Friday woooooooo
  • Options
  • Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    Morning and tgif image
  • Options
    How is everyone just been and purchased my new running shoes 12 whole English pounds suchhhhhhh funnnnnnn LOL

Any running going on?
  • Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Wow JB, where did you get those?  Bargain image

Hoping for a run or 2 over the weekend was stuck in yesterday as the little fella's got an ear infection!

• Options
    Oh mannnnn is little dude OK now?

My favoured shop decathlon its like my Santa's grotto lol
  • Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Sadly we don't have one of those down here image  We don't even have a local running shop at all, nearest must be either Canterbury or Maidstone!

He's perked up, antibiotics kicking in.   He hates the banana flavour so we have to try and make it blackcurrant flavour, must taste pretty yuk! image

• Options

morning all....anyone squashed any running in this weekend? other than around a footy pitch JB?image hows the leg?

cinders, how is little person with poorly ear? unfortuantely the antibiotics we mix at pharmacy are typically the same flavours depending on strength for some weird reasonimage..ive always said why dont they make them plain and make available little sachets of flavourings so the little patients can pick a flavour they like..the times ive spent going through the leaflets to find out what flavour it is (although most i know off by heart nowimage) and hear a despairing sigh from a mum who says so-and-so doesnt like banana/orange/cherry lol....you know you can always mix the dose into a couple of teaspoons of youghurt cinders and get it down him quick-it wont affect the drug. or even ice cream....so long as you get most of it in him its better than him refusing the lot.image...just dont put it in acidic fruit juice as it'll split /curdle.

hope it helps , Lou

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Morning all

Thanks so much for that info Lou, so much more useful than anything the Dr has said.  Your sachet of flavours idea is brilliant, wish they could do that!  Hadn't thought of yoghurt or ice cream so will bear that in mind.  imageimage

Have you recovered from your mara and back running?  What's your next race/event?

How did the match go JB?

• Options

thats ok cinders, we have that question soooo often lol..has he got amoxicillin or penicillin?  its usually amoxicillin that ends up being banana, the yummiest is clarithromycin liquid ..its bright pink and cherryimage

i always think its daft as the dioralyte comes in different flavours or plain so you can stick some squash in-why not do the same for antibiotics? i could be onto a good idea hereimage....

yes im fine thanks, was all ok day after but i know on the inside my muscles prob still recovering so did short run yesterday. next i have 2 small events locally, next long one is northants, then croydon ultra then the mahoosive NDW50.

Wht are your plans for events cinders?

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Yikes and a half, when is the NDW50?  That's mega miles image  How far is Croydon.

Think you should market your flavour idea image   Its amoxicillan, pink and cherry would suit me lol

I've just got a trail run lined up for May so far. not tried one before.  Living by the sea is fab but we don't have much by way of trail running round here!

• Options

Whts the may trail run cinders? sounds nice, i do quite like trail runs but always seem to end up on tarmac eventsimage...will have to get JB to drag me around some forestsimage

NDW50 is August, croydon ultra is 30milesimage

• Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭

Morning

Its part of the RW trailblazer events, seem to be 3 and I'm doing the one down here in Bedgebury Forest.

I'm sure JB would be up for the forest image

• Options

hi all,

i used to love that flavoured medicine it was yummy lol kids of today hey too picky lol

Football went ok i could feel the pain but managed the whole game just hurts again now but will be ok.

How is the little man now?

Loula you been running ? Cinders what about you im off to run club soon in my new trainers get me arnt i flash lmao. 

• Options

JB, are they lumi trainers? you are always in blackimage...got a lumi jacket too yet?

ive been on nike and want some nike freerun...goibg down the minmialist track here-you can ID your trainers...fab!! i have made my own trainers and put my name on the tabsimage

medicine? hmmm...i mixed that many today i almost ingested some myself.....

• Options

Loula, no they are just white and cheap no expense spaired i got a lightweight hi viz jacket aswell with lots of air holes so will keep me chilled still which i will enjoy dont do hot.

Name on the Tabs Loula???????? is that incase you forget who's they are or if required you can find them in lost property ???? lol may need the name if you go through bogs of water and they drain it to find all lost shoes lol.

• Options
    Morning it's a cold one brrrrrrr
  • Options
    image my lovely nike IDs are NOT  going through any bog of doom JB!...and i was having my name on them so as ..well...so as.....just coz i can...was thinking of bright purple and pink and blackimage
  • Options
    CindersCinders ✭✭✭
    Morning.  Anyone got snow?  Just rain here image
  • Options
    Morning no snow no nothing but ice LOL

Loula what's going on with your English, are you going to have flashy lights on your pumps aswell, you going all premiership footballer name on there football boots LOL? ?
    Ran in my 12 squid ones last night very comfortable was liking all the air holes too nice breeze through to the tootsies, Kalenji suit my feet I guess.