Options

February weight loss team challange

Comments

• Options

We'll all be chipolatas by March.

Or those tiny spicy chorizos. That'd be better.

Maybe there should be a third, underground team of latecomers, trying to usurp the prestige of the kosher teams.

• Options
    Reminder of the teams if anyone missed them (also adding Nivek as honorary sausage)

Team Battered Sausage
    Barley 207lb
    Becky - 175lbs
    JCDigger 231lb
    Jeepers 169 lb
    Madlot - 188lb
    M-bear  - 180 lb
    Meface - 220lb
    Meldy  - 150lbs
    Schmunkee - 200lbs
    Mrs WildWill - 153lb
    Orca - 135lb
    Pugsley 210lbs
    Purple 134Ib
    Ridgeackmax  167.2lb
    Shuffle Bunny - 160.5lbs
    Steady CJ 148lb
    Tired Legs 186lb
    Tommygun2 - 172lb
    Yersinia 164 lb
    Nivek?
    19 people totalling 3349lbs*

Team Jam Doughnut
    Bobby G - 189 lbs
    Crashie - 186lbs
    Cycloid    220lb
    Debbo 135 lb
    Doozer - 154 lbs
    Foggy 158 lb
    Frodo 150lb
    GG 147 lb
    Happychap 264lb
    Kanga - 201.5lbs
    Klepto - 166lb
    Lee the Pea - 226 lb
    Maldives - 135 lbs
    NV - 167 lbs
    OC - 168.8lbs
    Rosey - 167.5lbs
    Saffers - 161lbs
    Vicky GW - 144lbs
    WildWill - 210lb
    19 people totalling 3349lbs*

Dont forget the interim weigh in 15th February, after which ill be posting % weight loss for each of you.

• Options

That's just mean Barley!!! Yummy fish and chips!!!

Had a good first day. Not wanting to let down the sausages prevented me from tucking into a mountain of hot toast with butter when I got home from a concert last night. I'm all about the soups and the slow cooker. I have a homemade veg soup for lunch and a beef casserole with pearl barley for supper. I also cooked a turkey breast to slice for sandwiches.

I think this whole team thing will work well for me image

• Options
    Barley, I'm 202lbs, my estimate was out, couldn't find any scales on hols and really didn't think I'd be that heavy! image
  • Options
    Can I still play? image
  • Options
    No .. feck off lardy
  • Options
    Porridge for brekkie ...  should tide me over until I can find something decent for a snack

I may have to break the habit of a lifetime and see what the canteen has to offer
  • Options

If it's anything like our canteen - chips!  Or some unidentifiable stodge.....
    Got to love the NHS's idea of promoting healthy eating!

OK - so yesterday's lunch was a huge slice of choc cake, BUT in my defence it was part way through my first (road) bike ride of 2011.... and by the time we got home I thought it's nearly dinner, so just whizzed some skimmed milk/banana in the blender to last me till then.  Had all my 5 a day in a veggie curry image

I also gave away a pint of my finest.... do you think that'll help?

Go Sausages!

• Options

Seren, i'd planned to make some carrot soup tonight!  Great minds think alike image

Yersina, i'm glad you mentioned chorizo, as I need to buy some for a prawn-rice thingy I need to make image  I LOVE chorizo. Not the healthiest of foods, but everything in moderation I guess image

I had crumpets for brekkie, and i've got my lunch sorted, so i've got 9 points left for dinner, which is an improvement on yesterday.... Turbo sesh tonight, so that should burn the calories....

Camembecky, how many pints do you think we could all safely donate in order to kick start this weightloss?! image

• Options
    Madlot wrote (see)
    Barley, I'm 202lbs, my estimate was out, couldn't find any scales on hols and really didn't think I'd be that heavy! image
    Hmmm thats going to throw out the stats a bit, how can you have been 16lb out in your estimate?

Anyway, no doubt Schmunkee will be along at some point to update Team Sausages start weight image
  • Options
    Blood letting, now thats a good idea image
  • Options
    We just need a couple of vampires to get us started, and the weight will start dropping off!
  • Options

Chorizo is like parmesan - maybe not healthy if you look at nutrition per gram, but you only need a tiny quantity to give masses of flavour, so it works in a diet.

Making a slow-cooked rabbit stew today - might bung some chorizo in that. Yep, I'm a bunny boiler.

• Options
    image  can I come over for dinner Yersinia? Nomnomnomnomnmomnom
  • Options
    The starting weights dont really matter if its down to a %age of loss at the end?
  • Options
    It only makes a small difference to the starting averages - pushes the bangers to  177lb, compared to the doughnuts' 176.3lb.
  • Options
    I think this would be much more fun if one side weer only allowed to eat sossidges and the other side only allowed to eat doughnuts   image
  • Options

Bet Aunty Gok would love to get his hands on a pair of 177lb bangersimage

• Options

The title of this thread should be February double entendre team challenge image

45 minutes on Pixie this morning and a bag full of fruit for lunch.  I've had my slow cooker a year now and not used it once image

• Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    Carl I hope your sums for the team choosing were better than your one about fatty Madlot - he was only out by a stone, which I'm sure is easy

• Options
    A stone .. thats nearly a whole Ergo   image
  • Options

Not a good start yesterday the Physio said I should cut back at least 50% on training load and intensity for a couple of weeks to clear up this pesky knee image so diet so far

Breakfast 6am

2 boiled eggs + 2 slices toast + marmalade

snack 9am

2 bananas 1 apple

Lunch 11.30

1 baked spud with low fat cottage cheese

.........then let the side down by helping finish yesterdays office  do nuts (2!!! image)

and its only 11:55! did I mention I love foodimage

still a swim at 3 should kill the do nut overloadimage

• Options

Due to the misrepresentations from Madlot, there has been a reshuffle in the teams.  The challengee's who have had to unfortunately be transferred are in bold.

I have aimed, as far as poss, to chose people who have not posted on this thread since the original Teams were selected.

I apologise on behalf of Madlot image for the inconvenience

Team Sausage
    Barley 207lb
    Becky - 175lbs
    Foggy 158 lb
    JCDigger 231lb
    Jeepers 169 lb
    Klepto - 166lb
    Madlot - 202lb
    M-bear  - 180 lb
    Meface - 220lb
    Meldy  - 150lbs
    Mrs WildWill - 153lb
    Orca - 135lb
    Pugsley 210lbs
    Purple 134Ib
    Schmunkee - 200lbs
    Shuffle Bunny - 160.5lbs
    Steady CJ 148lb
    Tired Legs 186lb
    Tommygun2 - 172lb

19 people totalling 3356lbs

Team Jam Donut
    Bobby G - 189 lbs
    Crashie - 186lbs
    Cycloid    220lb
    Debbo 135 lb
    Doozer - 154 lbs
    Frodo 150lb
    GG 147 lb
    Happychap 264lb
    Kanga - 201.5lbs
    Lee the Pea - 226 lb
    Maldives - 135 lbs
    NV - 167 lbs
    OC - 168.8lbs
    Ridgebackmax  167.2lb
    Rosey - 167.5lbs
    Saffers - 161lbs
    Vicky GW - 144lbs
    WildWill - 210lb
    Yersinia 164 lb

19 people totalling 3356lbs

• Options

So I'm still a sausage image

• Options
    debbo wrote (see)
    Carl I hope your sums for the team choosing were better than your one about fatty Madlot - he was only out by a stone, which I'm sure is easy image
    I was just about to say the same thing. So it's a bliddy good job I was the one that sorted the teams, eh image
  • Options
    Hope the imagery works out correct - so if all goes to plan, I should emerge long and thin as against round and squishyimage 
  • Options

On behalf of Team Sausage I would like to welcome Foggy and Klepto to the winners enclosure image

• Options
    Thankyou for your kind words, meldy, I'm starting to think you fancy me image
    I don't really know how I was so far out (it must be the scales) image I never weigh myself and just didn't think I'd be that heavy. I've been in Tenerife and couldn't find any scales so just guessed thinking I would be between 13-13 1/2 stone. I certainly don't feel that heavy image
    but I'll be good to have on a team as I've got so much to lose and as has been said it's the % lost that counts.
    For now I'm blaming the scales, they're very old image but I will work my knackers to make it up image
  • Options
    Thankyou shmunkee, sorry to be a pain in the arse image