Options

February weight loss team challange

Comments

• Options
    nivek wrote (see)
    Bouncing Barlist wrote (see)
    Nivek, sorry you missed the cut-off, please feel free to join in the chatter, if you wish to post your weight we'll add you as an honorary sausage. 

My starting weight is 231lbs, hoping to lose at least 7 before end of the month.

How about this as an idea? 

Anyone can still join but they will be honorary challengees as a separate team.  Their aim and ambition will be to beat at least Team Sausage or Team Dudnut (sorry, I mean Donutimage).

This means LB can also take part.

And especially as it now seems it's gonna be %age weightloss as a team and not as individuals. as was originally mooted

• Options
    Right i've got one Eclair left does anyone in this thread want it??image
  • Options
    Today, I have been a very bad sausage. I apologise to my fellow sausages and will have a word with myself tonight.
  • Options
    today for me

Training
    - 3.6k swim image

Food
    - porridge
    - 2 Clementines
    - Banana
    - Vegetarian paella
    - mixed fruit
    - Chicken & Bacon Salad
    - 6 monkey nuts
    - ww bar image

- Pt Guinness image

• Options

Salad for me tonight imageimage

I had a light lunch as well, but to be honest I think loads of exercise will give me better results oh and staying off the beerimage

• Options
    Good food day for me today, though I have to say i'm slightly starving! Anyhoo, I'm not sure how I managed to forget this, but i'm off to Florence next Friday, until the following Tuesday, so i'll have to watch what I eat, as there will be stack loads of delicious food on the go image On the plus side, i'm actually going on a spinning weekend, so i'll be doing 5 spin classes (poss. 7!) so that should help.

I could fecking murder someone for some sugar right now, but I shall resist, for the sake of Team Donut image *weeps quietly on the inside*
  • Options
    Sorry Donuts.....I think I need to stop exercising cos it's making me bliddy starving and I can't stop eating......trying to go for good choices.  Just got back from swim session, 3000m.....had a bowl of cereal as had dindins before. image
  • Options
    Flat Footed wrote (see)
    Right i've got one Eclair left does anyone in this thread want it??image
    How many calories in that there Eclair.....just wondering?image
  • Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    am I the only person in the world who doesn't actually like jam donuts?

fudge donuts are divine though image

I haven't had any chocolate this month - it won't last though

Frodo - that's not enough food if you did a big run surely?
  • Options
    We are only just 3 days into the month Wifey ... you got no hope !!
  • Options
    debbo wrote (see)
     Frodo - that's not enough food if you did a big run surely?

image I didn't feel hungry, so I think it's ok - approx. 400cal breakfast, 400cal lunch, 300cal snacks/drinks then a 500caa dinner after the run.

About to demolish breakfast at work, now image

• Options
    debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    I'm sure it is ok Frodo - I'm just greedy and have no tolerance of hunger

Melds - you're right - I'm working three long shifts Fri-Sun and it is physically impossible for me not to raid the biscuit tin or eat whatever chocs are handed in image

• Options
    Well I was good yesterday, weetabix for brekkie, cornflakes for lunch and a nice roast chicken dinner for tea. No snacks and no middle of the night chunks of cheese image
    Weetabix today and I've done a pasta and tuna salad to see me through the day.
    I feel a stone lighter already image
  • Options

Nice sensible breakfast for me, tuna salad for lunch, then not sure about tonight as gov meeting, so will be leaving too early to eat, back too late to eat.

As one fellow sausage to another, image Pugsley, stay strong.

• Options
    I failed to eat a kebab last night image
  • Options
    Wish you hadn't mentioned kebab image
  • Options

I failed to get past the chinese takeaway last night image but made sure they put vegetables in the egg fried rice image 

• Options
    Bit naughty this morning ... i had a cooked brekky image ... but only a small one
  • Options
    Will, you be as naughty as you like, it'll just mean you and your whole team will be losers when the Sausages power to victory.

Up the sausages image
  • Options

Team Sausage
    Barley 207lb
    Becky - 175lbs
    Foggy 158 lb
    JCDigger 231lb
    Jeepers 169 lb
    Klepto - 166lb
    Madlot - 202lb
    M-bear  - 180 lb
    Meface - 220lb
    Meldy  - 150lbs
    Mrs WildWill - 153lb
    Orca - 135lb
    Pugsley 210lbs
    Purple 134Ib
    Schmunkee - 200lbs
    Shuffle Bunny - 160.5lbs
    Steady CJ 148lb
    Tired Legs 186lb
    Tommygun2 - 172lb

19 people totalling 3356lbs

Team Jam Donut
    Bobby G - 189 lbs
    Crashie - 186lbs
    Cycloid    220lb
    Debbo 135 lb
    Doozer - 154 lbs
    Frodo 150lb
    GG 147 lb
    Happychap 264lb
    Kanga - 201.5lbs
    Lee the Pea - 226 lb
    Maldives - 135 lbs
    NV - 167 lbs
    OC - 168.8lbs
    Ridgebackmax  167.2lb
    Rosey - 167.5lbs
    Saffers - 161lbs
    Vicky GW - 144lbs
    WildWill - 210lb
    Yersinia 164 lb

19 people totalling 3356lbs

Honorary Challengees
    Nivek - 231lbs 

• Options

*steers Madlot away from kebabs*

Quickly.

• Options
    Carlos you had better get some serious training in this month .... Loooooose that Lard   image
  • Options

This could be good for me as its making me actually look at what I eat per day yesterday

2 boiled eggs + 2 slices of toast

2 bananas 1 apple

baked spud + low fat cottage cheese

tin of low fat rice pud

2 donutsimage

spag bol

bowl of cornflakes

and no training image apart from the do nuts thats pretty good for me, but while I am on an enforced cuttback in training perhaps I should cutback a bit more, trouble is I have no idea what so ever what a calorie is as have never counted them if my wedding ring gets tight I tend to cutback on the food a bit and exercise more thats basically my dietry planimage 

• Options
    M...eldy wrote (see)
    Carlos you had better get some serious training in this month .... Loooooose that Lard   image
    Thats the plan, need to start getting towards the 20 hour a week point pretty soon image
  • Options
    Thankyou jeepers, i need help where kebabs are concerned image
    Same here Max, have never watched calories, never weigh myself either. Up until now I've just eat what I wanted cus of the amount of exercise I do. It clearly isn't working though!
    Recently I missed out on a sub 4 mara and I know if I wasn't carrying so much I'd have done it.
    That's it then, lose weight and I'll hit my targets.
    Simple! image
  • Options
    Boys, tracking what you eat each day really does work. It is a pain in the arse, but it is shocking to see how many calories you're taking in without even thinking. You can go to livestrong.com and use 'myplate' to track. I think you can use it for free. It will show you ratio of carbs/protein too etc, and it is a good way to keep on top of things. I'm on weight watchers now for that reason - need to check how much i'm consuming (you get extra allowance when you train, so it is all good).

Madlot, you're right about hitting targets. I can't wait to lose lots of weight so I can climb those bleeding hills a bit more easily!
  • Options
    Pugsley wrote (see)
    Today, I have been a very bad sausage. I apologise to my fellow sausages and will have a word with myself tonight.
    Oi I'm hungry so Pugsley be a good sausage image
  • Options

Got a decent track session lined up for tonight (16 x 400m), hopefully that'll offset the twiglets I was scoffing last night image

Promise to be good today

Go doughnuts !

• Options

I had a good day yesterday and discovered a really tasty subsititute for dessert.

After dinner last night I was still feeling hungry. I waited half an hour to see if it was real hunger or not but the growling tummy told me to eat something else. I also felt like something sweet but had visions of giant sausages flaying me alive if I gave in and had something naughty. So what I did was I microwaved some frozen raspberries and added some mixed berries to it and topped it with low fat organic vanilla yoghurt. Only about 100g but it hit the spot beautifully! The warm berries and the yoghurt were just gorgeous. Does anyone else have any nice, tasty but saintly dessert options for those moments when you must have something nice?

Having said that, I'm not sure if I ate enough yesterday as I suffered terribly on the turbo trainer this morning. I just had no energy what so ever. So I'll probably rest for the rest of the day and give the body a chance to replenish itself. It means a two workout day tomorrow which I try avoid on Fridays as I tend to be tired on Fridays but I think it's necessary this week.

Hope all other sausages are doing well.

• Options

Dessert options - often soft fruit, a spoonful of Grssk youghurt and a drizzle of honey. Or stewed / poached fruit (apples / pears / plums / rhubarb etc)  with a spoonful of ice cream or custard.

Yesterday was rhubarb cooked with sugar and 40g Carte D'Or vanilla icecream, which I think came to a total of about 150 calories, and counts as one of my five-a-day.