Options

Audi TT

13»

Comments

• Options

Next car's looking like a VW Eos or a Guilietta/Brera.

Depending on whether i finally want either a mid-life crisis convertible or a mid-life crisis sporty Italian.

I'd get an Alfa 8C if I had the dosh - it makes my winkle go all funny when i see a picture of it.

My personal opinion is that Maseratis are over-priced and they mostly look like shit.

• Options

8C - yes please. But only if someone else is paying.

I think the Brera looks great but I needed the back doors. And the Giulietta was cheaper. The 1.4 MultiAir version is fantastic (my brother-in-law's got one) but it didn't work for me on tax and fuel economy.

• Options
    oooOOOooo I've gone all peculiar...
  • Options
    Gets chubby on...
  • Options
    SoVeryTired wrote (see)

Just for JB...

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-abc/Alfa-Romeo-8C-Competizione-sa-1600x1200.jpg

So how do you get your Tri bike on the roof ?
  • Options
    have Alfa employed an ex-TVR designer looking at the 8C?? has elements of a TVR about it

JB - we've had an EOS. lovely to drive but the complex folding roof does start to develop squeaks after a while. it's a known issue and I don't know if they've sorted it on more recent models but they told us a) not to pressure wash it and b)gave us some silicon grease impregnated cloths to wipe around the seals to reduce the squeaks.
  • Options

hmm yes. Ta. I suspect it''ll be the Giulietta but i live in hope...

Dave you don't need a bike on the roof if you've got a fox in the passenger seat

f'narr f'narr

• Options
    None of the ladies I know, Would be bothered about a car !
  • Options
    Did alfa ever sort the reliability problems? I was always picking a mate up for work because " the bloody thing won't start "
  • Options
    I refer you to my previous post - alfas are very reliable now. I'm on my third (2 pre-owned) and never had a mechanical problem with any of them . The old spyders were a bit ropey, but alfa recruited someone from BMW a few years back and the engineering quality on the current models is now very good indeed. My brera feels solid and goes like the proverbial. 
  • Options
    They do look nice got to admit Italians have a certain sense of style no matter what they design
  • Options

http://celebrityroast.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/silvio-berlusconi-in-cerchio.jpg

everything Italian

(Bet D2D is all excited now)

• Options
    MrsK8MrsK8 ✭✭✭

I started another thread about Smart Cars, as want something a bit more economical. I do miss my 4x4s though so maybe this is the compromise

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/493329/Gallery/smart.jpg

• Options
    ClagClag ✭✭✭

Looks good K8.

Well, I am pleased to report that I have passed the driving standard for purchse of an Audi. When I pulled back into the car park (in 2nd gear) a woman in a mini nearly drove into the side of me as she was about to pull out of her space. I just smiled sweetly and she then wound down her window to tell me that I shouldn't have been driving into a car park at that speed! What speed? Again, I just smiled sweetly and hoped that she wouldn't follow me inside.

Anyway, drove both cars and decided that Audi are stupid for putting something that's supposed to resemble a seat in the TT. It's bloody ridiculous when you can't actually get anything into it if you're over 5' 2" or thereabouts. The car did handle really nicely though, but I preferred the driving position of the A3 and it would get my vote. Drove the 2.0 TDI s-line today, so further investigation now required I think.

Thanks for all your thoughts and feedback to date. imageimage

• Options

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_gwaz9FzRU_0/SX8jxs2EcxI/AAAAAAAAAMI/okovuc1lciw/s400/monster-truck-0021.JPG

How about one of these Clag? image
  • Options
    Clag - you've just reminded about one of the things that got on my tits when I had my TT - door size. for the size of vehicle they are huge to help people get in and out and in a tightly packed car park can be a bloody nuisance as you just can't open them wide enough to get out and have to wriggle out of the door.

well for a 16+ stone fecker like me, it wasn't easy...... image

• Options
    ClagClag ✭✭✭

Update on the car front - I've finally made my decision and bought my car. It's an A3 2.0 T Sportback Quattro - goes like stink (was rather scary being in the passenger seat with my husband when I gave him a go on the test drive) and it'll be good on the snow. Pick up next weekend as it had just been dropped off yesterday by it's previous owner.

On the plus side, they seem to be quite rare on the forecourt so the dealer said he'd take my hand off if I ever wanted to give it back. Also, the fact that I'm now an 'old' driver means the insurance is only a couple of quid more a month than my Fiesta. Boost! image

• Options
    UltraCasUltraCas ✭✭✭

The insurance thing amuses me - I insure both my TT and Smiffy's Getz in my name with him as a named driver, both with full no claims on a fleet policy and the Getz costs more than the TT to insure!image

FB - the wide doors on the TT are more of a problem for groin strain for me - I can get in the gap but it's stretching my leg in that's the issue, especially as our office was built in the 60s and the car park spaces are still marked out for 60s sized cars!

• Options
    Good choice, Audis are great I've had mine a month now it's a pleasure to drive.
    I normally find driving a chore
  • Options
    Having spent the week driving a hired Fiat Panda, It was heaven to hear the V6 burble into life at the airport on Saturday night !!!  Fire up the Quattro