Options

YUCK

Comments

• Options
    I think I need to borrow my Mum's ice-cream maker image
  • Options
    Devoted2Distance wrote (see)

, I'm just saying I would never consume milk from another woman.

Your mother but you straight on a bottle then ?

• Options
    JWrunJWrun ✭✭✭
    Parklife wrote (see)
    Katie - Swedish Glace is bloody lovely, as is Booja Booja hunky punky chocolate iced dessert.
    Booja Booja - I just want to try it cos it sounds fun!!
  • Options

Hmmm Only Don Minguez and my Mum call me David.. Wonder which one D2D is ???

I'm a lot older than that, and I lurve freakery

• Options
    JW - their chocolates are also amazing.  The Equadorian fridge truffles are my favourite chocolates ever and I've tried just about everything chocolate-wise.
  • Options
    Nick LNick L ✭✭✭

D2D I am amazed at how ignorant you are regarding the 'animals are purer' than humans comment. DO you have ANY idea about the feed that is given to many animals during the winter months? Some will be silage and haylage, but there will be a vast amount of feed, whihc will have these 'toxins' and stuff. 

Furthermore I have seen cows drunk - they eat winddrop apples, which then ferment inside them.

Finally (and this is a fairly big one) there are many farms that use fertilisers (i.e. agro-CHEMICALS!) to help grass growth etc....livestock eat grass - you 'do the maths'.

Many dairy farms dont even let their herd out, and they are fed on feed all the time.

Of course this can be negated via organic.

• Options
    JWrunJWrun ✭✭✭

It's not ignorance - it's my opinion.

It's ignorant not having an open mind - one which accepts all beliefs.

Well it is ignorant as you are factually incorrect. Animal meat does contain toxins, how more or less harmful they are than cigarettes/alcohol type toxins is up for debate but you will still ingest toxins everyday pretty much, even as a veggie.
  • Options
    1. Yep, Swedish Glace is great, gets my vote.
    2. + 1 for Bookie's point about paediatric units needing breastmilk.

• Options
    Nick LNick L ✭✭✭

Animals are free from toxins - no tobacco or alcohol ever passes through their systems - hence, they are purer than humans.

that sounds as though it is more than an opinion, in my opinion.

To me it sounds as though you were presenting that as fact. 

Also your typical response to a valid point (based on facts!) that would suggest something contrary to your opinion/statement is to come up with a 'witty' retort, as that is probably all you can think of, and dont want to even consider that you might be incorrect, or that someone else has a valid point.

• Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭

You're just milking it now.

Teehee.

On the breast milk subject - I don't think I would be able to bring myself to try it - but I do accept that it's not much different to drinking cows' milk.  Good money spinner for the "producers", but personally, I was glad to get my boobs back to normal after 13 months of feeding my daughter.

• Options
    Nick LNick L ✭✭✭

It's not ignorance - it's my opinion.

It's ignorant not having an open mind - one which accepts all beliefs.

I'm not getting into an argument over it.

You're just milking it now.

Furthermore, I think it is ignorant to ACCEPT all beliefs - because they could all too easily be incorrect. Having an open mind, and having a questioning mind are VERY different things. You can have an open mind and not question things...you can have an open mind and question things. I know which one of the two I would rather have.

Link

• Options
    Nick LNick L ✭✭✭

I stand by that 'statement'.

Animals are free from tobacco and alcohol toxins.

And I'm not talking a minute amount of fermented alcohol from an apple.

I mean dangerous levels of alcoholic and tobacco toxins - those that are associated with women who smoke and drink to excess. It's not exactly a rarity in today's modern world now is it?

Ahhh so you are changing your statement now? Previously you just said manmade chemicals, and gave alcohol and tobacco as an example......Personally I would rather eat something that had been given some alcohol (of any kind) than ANYTHING that had been growing or grazing in a field where there are known dioxins or heavy metals....bioaccumulation and all that.

Oh and your statement regarding women who smoke drink etc.....completely unrelated to the discussion. Correct I agree, although I suspect that MEN are also doing similar things!

• Options

True about the men - but they aren't masquerading their bodily fluids as sweet dairy products are they?

Mr Whippy anyone ?
  • Options
    Nick LNick L ✭✭✭

see 'witty' retort....image

...you like cheese though? What about other dairy products?

• Options
    the only thing i dont agree is that they claim the milk to be totally organic and free range, well are the women only eating organic food? to label food as organic the veg and meat will have to be raised in a certain way that proves its organic, such as the feeding of the animal or soil treatment, what are these women doing which proves their milk is organic? free range? well im sure these women are allowed to roam the streets as they please and do not have to be plugged in to machines all the time to produce milk in a factory lol!
  • Options
    MrsK8MrsK8 ✭✭✭
    I mean dangerous levels of alcoholic and tobacco toxins - those that are associated with women who smoke and drink to excess. It's not exactly a rarity in today's modern world now is it?
    Do you think any half responsible woman who is breast feeding would be drinking & smoking excessively?
  • Options
    That thought occurred to me K8.
  • Options
    Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)

True about the men - but they aren't masquerading their bodily fluids as sweet dairy products are they?

Mr Whippy anyone ?
    She was only saying the other day how she needs to increase her protein intake... image
  • Options
    JWrunJWrun ✭✭✭

Lol at the "free range" comment!!

• Options
    and good for the skin so I'm told !
  • Options

Any man whose wife is breast-feeding has probably sneaked a free drinkie occasionally. I know i have.

Just sayin'...image