Options

Starting again from the beginning!

Comments

• Options

Rest day today - am planning to run my 18 tomorrow as per schedule (my schedule has me doing the long runs on Saturday with a shorter one on the sunday) so have set my alarm already for 3:55 out by 4!!  - we shall see 

• Options
    Bloody hell Grendel. 3.55!!!! I have a nice steady 5 today with a 12 over the weekend. No football this week (surprise, surprise) so may go Saturday and get it done although Saturday we have the 'beast' of a storm hitting us according to thw met office. Oh well, heaven or hell.
  • Options

Wow every one seems to be braving this mean weather better than me image I have been feeling a bit rubbish this last couple of weeks, been really busy at work and then down with a lousy cold so haven't run in what feels like forever, went for the nice hilly recovery walk with B2B and have been using my cross trainer/cycle did 13.5k last night which is at least keeping up the fitness a bit, really hoping to get out this weekend for at least a few miles.

Grendel that is really a scary time of the morning you have my respect!!!!

JR like the new theme for the month and your movie choices - Latest film I have watched was Taken 2, only thing I can say is they should of just stuck to the first one. Also been re-watching all the X-Men and Wolverine movies,and one of my favorites at the moment THOR. My other half is very much into Sci Fi so we also have a lot of those in our movie collection.

• Options

Its one thing setting the alarm, but actually getting up to do the run is another thing, I just want it out of the way before Sunday.

• Options

Are we going for a movie theme or just favorite ones?

• Options

Favorite movie then - Tombstone and  Good Morning Vietnam

• Options

so many to choose from!! Ben X, Fight club, Donnie Darko......just to get the ball rolling image

• Options

Left my house to be showered in.....sunshine image The sky was blue and all was well. Then I started running. What an awful run. I walked, ran, ached, stopped, stretched, ran some more, walked, ran, stretched, my form somewhat quasimodo like as I lumbered along like i'd already covered a marathon. It wasn't pretty, and it reminded me how quickly my little niggles become more of a nuisance when not looked after properly (just had a proper 10 minute stretch). To be fair the last couple of miles were much better than the first 3 (10:41,10:29, 10:10, 10:05, 9:51) and for an easy run well within the pace I should be running so will put it to one side and look forward to a nice slow 12 over the weekend. 

Feb - 8.63

2014 - 109.2

The obvious one....Shawshank Redemption. Pulp Fiction. Fight Club (brutally brilliant). Leon. American History X. Terminator 2. The Green Mile. Gladiator. Snatch (hilarious) 

• Options

And i'm not afraid to admit I really loved the Bourne films (until Matt Damon stopped being Bourne). 

Taken was superb, never bothered with Taken 2.

Incidious was pretty good but got a bit silly at the end. 

• Options

The first Matrix (dont bother with the rest) Alien, predator, silence of the lambs, the shining, red dragon, finding nemo (oh hell yes!) goonies....

• Options

Predator.......Brilliant.

Finding Nemo....Great.

The Goonies lol...Hey you guys!

My animated favourites.....Monsters Inc, Toy Story 2 & 3. Despicable Me

• Options

Don't watch movies never go to the pics or have sky movies. But fav film is Quadrophenia followed by all the Ealing comedies

Bloody awfull week 2 runs so far and not getting out tonight so am aiming for 10 tomorrow - to take water or not that is the question ?

• Options

By coincidence I'm off to the flicks with the Missus tonight. Wolf of Wall Street is the film of choice.

All time fav is Goodfellas, closely followed by Quadrophenia - Excellent choice 330.

JR - Finding Nemo is excellent. I believe they are making a sequel, out next year, called Finding Dory (no joke).

Anyway I have been out today usual route. Mon, Wed and Fri this week, at last a bit of stability.

Have a great weekend allimage

Feb -7.8

2014 - 23.8

• Options

Blimey Grendel!! Good luck to you!

Cant input massively with films, don't get time to watch them; but my fave is Fifth Element.

Was so close to not bothering tonight, but I couldn't resist the sunshine, and everyone keeps warning me the weather is going to be terrible all weekend so I didn't want to pass up the opportunity. Managed 7 miles. Unfortunately was met by a flood in the road after 2miles. No way round, and no point tiptoeing through, so I embraced it and splashed my way through, then squelched the rest of the run with a smile on my face like a big kid! image

Happy running everyone and stay safe if you are out in a storm image

• Options

Well done Lisa I think B2B can understand your happy splashing only too well after the TT50 

some nice film choices, I loved finding Nemo and Monsters Inc is brilliant I was even brought a Boo doll, Shawshank is also a good one and Green Mile I really enjoyed. 

Just for interest what is the worst film you have seen? 

For me all time worst would have to be 13th Warrior 

• Options
  • Options

Lol B2b!

Worst film def Ronin!

• Options

Finding Dorey? Can’t wait Beachball.  3 runs this week, well done. J

330 & Grendel, agree, Quadrophenia I an excellent choice!

Well done Lisa E, I will let you off for claiming you don’t have time to watch a film but I cannot pretend I don’t give anyone who tells me they don’t run ‘because they don’t have time’ a real talking to. Everyone should make time to run.  I can only imagine Ronin is your worst ever film as you haven’t seen any others?!? It’s brilliant.

If you seriously think Ronin is bad though (although we’ll have to agree to disagree there)  then try and sit through Blade Trinity or The Matrix Revolutions. Van Helsing another pile of trot. There has been at least one film I have turned off in the first 20 minutes and binned it before I have lost another hour of my life I’m not going to get back.

Showgirls, Catwoman, Battlefield Earth, The Last Airbender. Thank god I didn’t pay to see these movies.

Anyway, enough of bad films! Think of how many miles could have been run instead of sitting through that lot lol.

The wife is off shopping this morning and then getting her run done. We are due a storm very soon but apparently tomorrow afternoon is clear so I have arranged the weekend around my mums birthday visit and a friends ‘no more chemo’ party. My 12 miles will have to be done around 3pm tomorrow.

• Options

Oh well the storm at 4 am was amazing so I am ashamed to say I slept in til 6 and did  an easy 5 - will have more time tomorrow so have mapped an off coast run so hopefully can get the 18 ticked off. 

• Options

Lisa well done on getting out, I just splash through the puddles as well great isn't it !!.

JR - Goodluck with your 12 tomorrow

Grendel - That was an early start planned though !! hope you have better luck tomorrow

Had 10 planned today, wife is working tonight so I though she will be in bed PM so go for run then (run in the morning on Sats if shes on earlies) so up and 7 dropped daughter at station back home wife says "going for your run now"? I didn't need asking twice !!

Started off through town which was very quiet and drizzly. Out for 4 then back along the seafront, and watched a big warship sail off from Faslane and thought how nice it is running here compared to when I was in London battling traffic fumes through the concrete jungle avoiding piles of dog poo and trying to avoid getting mugged. This is heaven, I love my wee town !!

Comfortable run well within myself and surprised I was as fast (?) as 10 min miles thought may have been slower. Final distance 10.11 miles so into double figures and well pleased

Om my football ground tour I forgot to say my run on Wednesday saw me finis outside Shilefield the world famous home of Berwick Rangers (Only team physically located in England playing in Scottish league)

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/scotland/berwick_rangers.html

I am now on my way to St James Park home of Newcastle - 53 miles to go !!!

• Options

The first ever Panini football sticker (remember them!) I owned was a Berwick Rangers team photo. I found it in a library book at school and they were in the Scottish Third Division at the time.

Won't mention the football score at Anfield Grendel! image

Just planning my route for tomorrows run as i'd like to include a bit of off road and maybe go somewhere a little different.

• Options

JR -I was thinking the same about off road, I really need to invest in some trail shoes.

I have skewed the RW V Fetchie thing as instead of putting in zero for yesterday put in 9 !! cant see how to edit so will make it up during the week

• Options

JR I would never say I don't have time to go for a run, I'd rather go for a run than make time to watch a film. I used to watch films/go to the cinema loads before the kids came along though!

Wasn't tempted to run today through the on/off wind/rain/sun/hail..but hoping to get out tomorrow for a long slow run and test out running with a hydration pack, and test out one of my gels. Got to start sooner or later as I only have about 8 weeks until Brighton marathon!

• Options

Lisa, I didn't know you were doing Brighton - !!! Would love to do that one

• Options

Glad no one mentioned the football score JR still second and a few players to come back in -

I bottled yesterday's long run because of the weather, believing incorrectly today would be better. It wasn't!!!  My  schedule said 18,  but in these conditions, no way. 9 miles in I was back home. A bottle of Tesco value sports drink later off I go again. Now if this had existed in 1967/8 the Scaffold would have written about  an entirely different elixir. Sure is the drink of the gods! How far? Well 9 turned into 15 which then turned into 18, which of course ended up as a 20.  Took forever, the wind was immense,  but pleased with that. My reward? A second bottle of the miraculous liquid. Red Bull? Who needs it when this stuff is available!

• Options

Well done Grendel!!

330 it will be my 1st marathon..cant wait but also nervous lol!

Well I went out today with my hydration pack, bladder style, felt very odd. Felt like it changed my gait slightly so I just ran slowly (knowing I was aiming for a long run),and walk/ran as and when needed, as I didn't want to injure myself. I managed 13miles in 2hr 15mins. Pleased with my effort, but I'd like to buy a hydration pack with the bottles on the front to try instead and see if that feels better?

Tried the Cliff Bloks, tasted alright although they were sugary on my teeth. Also tried a High5 Isogel, again tasted alright but felt a bit gurgly on the belly? Might try carrying some nuts next time so I have something savoury.

• Options

Well done Lisa,  haven't tried things like gels etc,  Where do you get them from?

• Options

I went into my local Up and Running store and asked about the differences in all the different gels etc. Just bought a couple to try so far. I think Sweatshop do different brands so might try them next?

• Options

Grendel - good run buddy seems your building up nicely for the marathon

Lisa - good run from you as well good stuff. Brighton looks a great race. What are they handing out at the water stations ? any energy stuff ? if so best practise using the same type

• Options

I've no idea what they hand out at halstead, although as it is the Essex Champs will probably be water