Options

Cheshire Traithlon, May 22nd

Comments

• Options

Calling hair and makeup for Mr Holg's......

Must dig out the DTeS T shirt for heckling duties

• Options
    Schmunkee - The List Fairy wrote (see)

Damn!  image  I have entered a sportive on this day so I can't make it.  Grrrrr!

Yet another year that I have not had the pleasure of gracing Nantwich with my presence image

Is that one in the north west, Schmunkee? Was looking for a local sportive at month end.
  • Options
    Thanks for the words of encouragement folks, will definitely say hello to any yellow and black clad people I encounter.
  • Options

image err holgs festival intereges me. I might be fickle and head further up the road.

• Options

I think this was £45 last year and I thought that was a lot then.  Can't see them doing medals somehow but I do enjoy this race so I'll be there in black n' yellow.   It will cost be more than that in petrol too coming up from the Sarf so not a cheap do.  Its good though. 

Cake - don't be fickle now.  Come and play in Nantwich, or are you one of those celeb stalkers? image

Talking about hair and makeup, wheres LB? image

• Options

image Ray mears actually owns me rolling paper from ages ago, fecking hippy. image

I've just looked up the tri there and it's full. Send a checky e-mail to the events company to see if they have had any drop outs. If they get back will play there and if now will play here.

Why has no-one ever told me about this festival before? It looks great. Climbing, canueing, tri, bike, nature etc... I'm on that beast next year regardless. image 

• Options
    x-post but cheers dave. I normally don't look at stuff your side of the hills it's to fiddley to get to. I need to learn to drive. image
  • Options

I'll be at the festival from Wednesday til Sat afternoon.

Did the first Keswick Tri a couple of years back and it nearly killed me.

They usually do a Splash & Dash on the Friday night  500m swim & 5km run, Then the Derwent swim on Saturday, and back home in time for Nantwich after I have heckled Holgs

The Sportif looks good as well

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

About the cost - they did warn us in September that the cost would be going up this year and that if you put your race number in a box at the North West tri then they would hold the price for you in the May event.  Unfortunatly for me I didn't enter the September one so have had to pay full price.

They did say that they had kept the prices the same for many years and that due to inflation they were going to have to put the prices up.  It was worded such that it implied that they were hardly making a profit last year, but then any company would say that.

The cost is comparable to other events that I have done locally.  Triathlons are always pricy.

• Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭
    On a more positive note, I actually got on my bike on Monday for the first time in a year.  It was only a 2 mile pootle, but better than nothing.  The aim is to see if I can go further this weekend and (re)learn how to use the gears.
  • Options

Well done on the bike Caz.  And I agree on the price - although its a lot I paid £70 for the bananaman tri at Dorney which was half way between a sprint and an oli.  Makes the Vit at £105 look almost cheap! Big half marathons are around £30 now so I'm just doing less events.  At least the camping is free at Nantwich is why I'm doing this and not Stratford.

I'm off for a bike ride and a swim later.  Anything to avoid the telly which will be nothing but wedding <wrings hands bah humbug>

• Options
    Soup Dragon  wrote (see)

Talking about hair and makeup, wheres LB? image

You rang? imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Soup DragonSoup Dragon ✭✭✭
    hahahah LB.   You still doing this? image
  • Options

Fraid not.image

Having a gynae op next week (11th) so I can't swim for a month. Bastard timing. image

• Options

Aw thats a shame - but hope you recover well so good luck with that.

Its going to be a select group this year I think.

• Options
    Soup Dragon wrote (see)

Of course I'll be there
  • Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭
    Had my second outing on the bike.  Managed 8 miles and only mangled the gears about once per mile.  One more go and I think I will be ready to attempt the tri.
  • Options
    Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)
    Soup Dragon wrote (see)

Of course I'll be there

And IronM.in might be popping over for Sat evening. image

Biking sounds promising Caz.  Well dones and you know you can always get a head start on the swim.  Not many of us can say that! image

I'm soooooooo looking forward to this.  Just need to order a new tent now.

• Options

Not the legend that is Iron Min ..........................................  image

I'm not sure about seeing you guys Saturday night, I've offered Cake a lift down from the Lake District Saturday and can drop him off at Nantwich Saturday evening, But he hasn't got back to me yet

If not see you all Sunday morning

• Options
    Well I've managed to get back into some training, being off over the bank holiday did not do me any favours at all. Did no training for about 10 days, ate loads of junk food and drank loads of alcohol. It was great, shame the scales don't approve image put on nearly half a stone!

Cycled the bike course again today, twice, and I have to say that the road surface is absolutely shocking in places, potholes all over the place and no sign of the temporary traffic lights being taken away so it'll probably be down to the luck of the draw come race day.
  • Options
    Hmmm - thanks for the warning Big Al.  I seem to remember some huge pot holes last year too.  If you've cycled the course twice already then you'll be fine.  Just enjoy. image
  • Options
    I'm at ease now, having done a recce a couple of times I pretty much know where everything is. I can check the entry/ exits to transitions on the day. I'm as prepared as I can be, I just hope I remember all my kit, 1) my bike, think I'd be buggered without that!

Got my first tri top the other day which I'll wear with my cycling shorts on the day, I'm sure they've given me a junior size, there's nowhere to hide in these bad boys is there? It's er, figure hugging, to say the least image if someone had told me as a kid I'd be dressed head to toe in Lycra I'd probably have hurled some expletive abuse at them and contested my sexuality, yet, here I am, with clothes that look lie they came in a spray can!
  • Options
    SuperCazSuperCaz ✭✭✭

You need it tight otherwise you get too much drag in the pool.  And everyone else is going to be dressed the same, so you will fit right in.

Done one more session on the bike - 10 miles, sea swim, 10 miles.  Got most of the gears sorted now, but I think I could do with a bit more practice on hills, where the gearing is important.

• Options

You might as well forget this. The world is ending on May 21st apparently.

Again.image

• Options
    Thanks LB.  I'd better get a pb then cos it will be my last chance. image
  • Options

Another end of the world?

So all my training has been futile?!

At least I won't have to wear this sausage skin,er, I mean tri top on the 22nd

• Options
    image Iron min image drinks on standby. soupy you have mail. image
  • Options

Got your mail ta Cake.

I got it wrong didn't I?  I can't pb before the world ends cos its ending the day before.  Rats.  And I've just ordered a new tent as well.  Tent tours will be conducted on Saturday evening if the earth is still in one piece.

Is it time to get excited yet?  And where are all the Flaps and Tits that usually frequent this?