Options

Rome 2012

1232425262729»

Comments

• Options
    Hi guys. Good to read your race comments. Having just completed the Barcelona race on Sunday (do it, it's ace) I thought I'd check out Rome for a 2013 run. A few early posts suggests it is hilly - was it? The website picture (see link) seems to suggest it's not that bad, although the slight gradient of Ave. Paralel in Barcelona in the last few k's on Sunday felt like Everest!

http://www.maratonadiroma.it/public/upload/image/ImmaginiPagine/Altimetria_2012.PNG
  • Options
    Alex - I did Barcelona last year and I think that I preferred it to Rome, it was a better organised race as well. Rome had so many cobbles whereas Barca had some near the end (at the same time that the hills appear). I got a reasonable time in Barca too 4:09, I ran Rome injured but I doubt whether I would have got a PB with all those cobbles.
  • Options
    For me the cobbles weren't so much of a problem in and of themselves as they were the flat variety. The issue was that the road surfaces were so uneven.  That being said, I went with my wife to watch the runners at the Plaza del Popolo (km37) - we were watching the people who would come in between 6 - 7 hours. In the space of 2 mins, I saw two different people trip over and hit the deck. Not nice to watch.
  • Options

Hi there, I ran, not being very quick, hoping to get somewhere near my fastest of 4.32, but coming in on the 5hr mark.  The sights were breath-taking, the crowd good.  It was too hot for me, I didn't find it hilly at all, and that was one of the things that bothered me as I struggle with Mole Hills!!  The hill up to the end did seem hard, but then that is at the end.  The cobbles, not nice, but I run on roads that are as bad most of the year, very rural part of France, so I didn't find them too bad, and going through all the very narrow streets at the end, on cobbles, did make you look down a lot, although doing that could have you colliding with "shoppers!"

I would do it again.......almost certainly.  But my thoughts are now turning to Berlin 2013....Anyone??

I am also struggling with trying to find photos from Rome, so if anyone can put up a link and tell me how it works, the one I have does not.  Thanks.

Rolling foot on tennis ball - is very good.  I do that.

• Options

I am the same as 1t . I found the heat really hard and I am sure that slowed me down a bit. I had to walk and run the last 6 miles it really was hard. I have not raced for 3 years and I did 3.53 which is 13 minutes slower than my best so I am happy with that. I sturuggle with hills too, the bit at the end most people I saw were walking I had had it.

1t I will copy and past the link for you in the minute, you need to add 1000000 to your number as you are female.

• Options

http://www.fotostudio5.com/

Put in Rome Marathon then your number image

I would not mind Berilin but think it is a late Marathon, I prefer spring as we go away in the Summer Island hopping plus I would rather train through the winter. I will have a look though.. Let me know if you can not find photo's. I had one more added today so I think they are still adding them.

I can not find out what I came in my age group as yet.

I have also seen a video of me at different points.

• Options
    My number was 2034 so I put in 102034
  • Options
    I put in 102034 and my number was 2034
  • Options

Thanks, managed to get in there now, have 4 up, horrendous...LOL

• Options

I have 8 now not good.. I either look like I am in pain, lost my  head or concentrating really hard ..

I managed 9 miles today, was OK just one of my calfs a bit tight.