Options

PSOF Championships 2012

Comments

• Options
    Joddly good decision Wales was a real special race for me i couldnt beleive the support can well understand you having another crack at it, I hope to be marshalling the transision if it comes off. I loved the first outlaw and i have feeling this is gonna be another cracker with all the pirates coming t playimage
  • Options
    Think I'll be camping this year but in 2010 me and the mrs stayed at the Swann Hotel. Just a mile away from HPP and reasonably priced too. They put on packed up breakfasts too for the early start race morning
  • Options
    Mwah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. RBM - i KNEW you'd succumb eventually. I really wish i had been running a book on when you'd cave...i could be rich! Hahahahaha image
  • Options
    wasn't barlos talking about a getting a marquee together and using that as a pirate base - or perhaps port?
  • Options

After posting fairly early in this thread about planning to enter, to a few months later posting saying I couldn't commit to it, earlier today I thought I'd look at the Fink plans to just do them to see what happened and get better fitness.

That reading of Fink plans seemed to escalated to getting my credit card out and visiting the Outlaw website. I'm IN!!!!

Think I need to start reading this thread again - will spend some time catching up tomorrow.

Bricking it.
  • Options
    kittenkat wrote (see)
    kittenkat

Thank you for being talked into it. I need a focus for tri again.

Go girl!
  • Options

Hey Capn Jack - looking forward to renewing our Antwerp experiences image

Sadly any Monday party would have to be sedate monday lunch for me (and only then if I can persuade car mate to stay which is unlikely in itself) but I have to be back at work Tuesday and have a bit of a drive to get there image

• Options
    Podds seriously .. can you not get the Tuesday off at least?
  • Options
    M...eldy wrote (see)
    Podds seriously .. can you not get the Tuesday off at least?

Sadly highly unlikely due to still being in term time

Also car mate unlikely to want to stay as she also works and is a single mum so her son will be with his dad (I assume) for that weekend but she'll want him back asap...........

• Options
    Cap'n Jack, I am in Swans hotel, apparently its alright, no idea if any spaces left, mile or so from the start
  • Options

I also will probably not be able to be at the Monday Pirate extravaganza. I also work in a school and will probably not even be able to get the Monday off so will be driving home as soon as it is all over and done on the Sunday.

Suspect that that will be a fun journey...........

Thank you very much Pingu for the offer of your mate but will probably join with Joddly (as long as she'll have me!) as she is a forum buddy and had put her name forward. Pass on apologies and thank your friend as well!

• Options
    M.r Zuvai   wrote (see)
    wasn't barlos talking about a getting a marquee together and using that as a pirate base - or perhaps port?

T'was discussed a couple of pages back.  I think the feeling was it was too big a responsibility and then there would be an issue if the weather was as bad as Avon Tyrell.  Diversion to a pub was the preferred option, I believe

• Options
    Yep .. pub is much more user friendly I think, weather wont matter, we wont annoy other campers, people with ankle biters can come and go as they please and there will be Guinness on tap   image
  • Options
    Aye, agreed Schmunks! It was considered too much hassle. Shame really!

This will be my one and only long distance 'excursion'. I'm soooo excited that there'll be soo many Pirate heirachy doing it too! Lots of Pirates i'd like to have a chat with on the Monday! AarrrrHHH!
  • Options
    'one and only'....heard that one before! image
  • Options
    WillRun4Wine wrote (see)

I also will probably not be able to be at the Monday Pirate extravaganza. I also work in a school and will probably not even be able to get the Monday off so will be driving home as soon as it is all over and done on the Sunday.

Suspect that that will be a fun journey...........

Thank you very much Pingu for the offer of your mate but will probably join with Joddly (as long as she'll have me!) as she is a forum buddy and had put her name forward. Pass on apologies and thank your friend as well!

I would caution you on planning a drive back straight after the race, unless you live reasonably near, or are going to finish in a fairly quick time.

Also how are you going to function in a work environment the day after?  Im just saying this as its something to think about, dont underestimate how much an Ironman will take out of you, how tired the drive will be (at least have someone else do the driving) and how tired youll be the next day.

Not to mention the stiff legs.

I tried to do this at IM Wales this year and if im honest the thought of driving back after the race and having to be at work the next day played on my mind and even affected my race performance. 

During the drive back I could hardly keep my eyes open after 30 minutes, had to stop for a hot drink to wake myself up, then 30 minutes more driving and I realised I needed to pull over for a sleep as id have fallen asleep at the wheel.
  • Options
    Entered & Paid

Andyb99
    Artful Hen
    Barley
    Bedders
    bez_za
    bburn plodder
    Borka26
    Cake
    Cpt.jack sparra
    Cat5
    Colourin
    Cona
    Cornish Digger
    Darkness
    Dave The Ex Spartan
    Doner Kebab
    DTB
    Dubai Dave
    Dustboy
    Ferret
    F.oggy
    Flat Foo.ted
    gas-man
    Gymaddict
    hairier half
    Happychap
    Holly_G
    Hope
    In the Blue
    IronHolgs
    Iron Pingu
    Iron Swissbobby
    Iron Tractor Boy
    JCDigger
    Katiecom
    kittenkat
    Lee The Pea
    Les boules
    Little Sister
    Marshallini
    M.eface (Happychap talked me into it - again!)
    Meldy
    Microbeman
    m.itten
    M.ouse
    MovingAlong
    Mr Zuvai
    Mrs SA
    Muffin Top
    Nicko
    NV
    O.rangeCannon
    oxy
    Pain Is Temporary
    Podds
    PoddsPalAnge
    Prince Siegfried
    Rio
    Running Dad
    Saffers
    ShuffleBunny
    Slagiatt (so the run marshals are in for a long night)
    Snool
    Soup Dragon
    Spongecake
    Steve Ho
    Sym.es
    Timmy_G
    TJ1004
    Tonka Boy
    Toucs (going solo after his swim victory at IMR)
    Trogs.
    Ultra AJH
    Viking
    VT'd Spartan
  • Options

X-post (obviously!)

It worked til He put the list up!

• Options
    You'd have been alright if you had gone sub 10 Barlos, its all in the training    image
  • Options
    Schmunkee - The List Fairy wrote (see)
    M.r Zuvai   wrote (see)

T'was discussed a couple of pages back.  I think the feeling was it was too big a responsibility and then there would be an issue if the weather was as bad as Avon Tyrell.  Diversion to a pub was the preferred option, I believe

The consensus is a pub for the pirate party on Monday, some ideas have been posted in the last page and a few pages back.  Guess we'll book/arrange something from the preferred options nearer the time.
  • Options
    M...eldy wrote (see)
    You'd have been alright if you had gone sub 10 Barlos, its all in the training    image
    I wouldnt have gone sub 10 for the bike had I carried on image
  • Options
    Oh well ... you'll be able to chase my arse next year    image
  • Options
    I need to get my own back for you chicking me at Regensburg image
  • Options
    It wasn't really a contest tho was it  !

• Options
    i've been to that pub on the corner just 1 mile from the campsite called the bridge....big beer garden and ok food...think its one of those 2 for 1 pubs or something.
    really excited about this now and glad too see everybody piling in...i've never been part of a pirate gathering before (was at bala but made the mistake of staying in the hotel)
    gonna rock