IM Regensburg Supporters Thread

Anyone else planning to go out and shake their pom poms and drink lots of beer? 

Comments

• Yes the OH (Karen) will be there to support with her yellow rattle and whistle. Oh and drink lots of beer too!

Bier und Wurst!!!
  • I'll organise the UK based Regensburg supporters division for those not going.......image
  • brother is coming over from Hong Kong to support!!!image
  • shuffleB will be bored while I race / no sorry, she wil be cheering me on enthusiastically from the beer garden!!

I am dragging her out on Wednesday image
  • HappychapHappychap ✭✭✭
    Did we manage to steal the pompoms off the pompom girls at the Big Cow?
  • My wife and baby will be joining the supporters plus a couple of friends we have roped in to keep her company as I spend all day in the sun trying to get my moneys worth..
  • [carefully takes original pom poms out of dusty suitcase marked Switzerland 05 and practises a quick shimmyshimmyleaptwistbounceleaptwistandsplits]

[waits patiently for ambulance]
  • I'll be having a g&t whilst watching IMdead in the armchair supporter's lounge. image
  • debbodebbo ✭✭✭
    me too Ditchy, unless I'm at work, in which case I'll have a cup of tea and watch IMdead

• I know Little Sister, Swiss Mummy and Cedric will be on the road side, to encourage us all...

• Mrs WildWill will be there ... with our dog image
  • "The Bitch" will be there too.  Supporting everyone as usual.  He is kind of hoping that the beer on site is of the alcoholic variety unlike at Zurich image
  • Im.Rio wrote (see)
    "The Bitch" will be there too.  Supporting everyone as usual.  He is kind of hoping that the beer on site is of the alcoholic variety unlike at Zurich image
    I'm sure we can find something suitable for "The Bitch"!! image
  • LJS will be there with our dogs Oz and Nemo.
  • Bit out of practice on the beer drinking but I'll do me best image

• I will be shaking my pom poms from in front on my laptop
  • As we didn't manage to steal the pom poms from the girls at the Cowman, I've been looking online for poms.  Oh my, what an eye opener!!

Did you know as well as the standard pom and the multicoloured pom, you can get play poms, metallic poms and wet look poms....I mean WTF would you have a wet look pom?!!!

I may get a selection just for a laugh.

• Farnie wrote (see)
    I will be shaking my pom poms from in front on my laptop
    Ditto ... although I may have to sleep occasionally ...
  • Kanga you wuss. Sleep is totally over rated. Surely you know that by now image

I just want to say Thanks in advance to all the pirate supporters. I will never forget reaching the end of the third lap in Switzerland and the roar I got from the pirate posse. I wasn't in a great place at that point in the race and it lifted me up so much. The ONLY reason I chose to do Regensburg this year was because of the pirate support two years ago. It's also wonderful to go online afterwards to read the support of the armchair supporters at home. Truely fantastic. So, Thanks!

• I am so excited that Holly is coming to support us. It's going to be fun!! image
  • Aw! Thank you waffy.
    I'm looking forward to supporting. image
  • The Supporters have supporters how cool is that!image
  • Only the best supporters have supporters.

I have ordered pom poms!!!
  • By some weird error I appear to be in Tenby on the day of the race. Clearly I shall now have to go to Regensburg for IMW!

• Pom di-di pom di-di pom di-di pom di-di pom di-di pom di-di pom pom pom
  • holly - you are gonna be buying black and yellow pom lpoms...??image
  • image She already has!
  • Tee hee. I have a few of them OC. I just need to fashion some sort of attachment thingy so that we don't have to carry them around all day!
  • Just lash them to a pair of hoop earings - gawjuss. image
  • anyone got the link for IM dead?