Options

Time to resurrect a Strictly thread!

Comments

• Options
    Oh - can you PM me the result, Saffs - I have to go and collect Mr F from the station and will miss the hell that is the results show?
  • Options
    Frodo, you have mail image
  • Options
    Nancy has to go ........ and preferably by drowning.
  • Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Harsh Meldy - but fair!
  • Options

Nancy Nancy Nancy - out out out

please

• Options
    Oh good grief, we're going to have to suffer Nancy for another week image
  • Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    What happened to the dance-off? This means that it will be even more of a popularity contest as the judges will not be able to save the better dancer ...
  • Options
    All I have to say is... Bollocks. I'm not sure I can suffer another of Nancy and Anton's nightmares. Yes, Anton has to take his share of the blame. I reckon Nancy wouldn't be so terrible if Anton gave her some decent choreography and stopped trying to play for laughs.
  • Options

Yay! image

Don't mind sitting through another Nancy disaster now that Edwina's gone. All that lusting after Vincent and trying to talk back to the judges was just bloody annoying. Sad to see Audley in the bottom two, think he's better than that.

Not sure about Broadway week - is it going to be all t*ts and teeth? image

• Options

Hope so  image

I hoped either Edwina or Nancy would go, so quite happy with that.

Not sure why anyone would vote for Nancy though. She's not exactly likeable, is she, and she was standing there with her bach to Tony Beke while they were waiting for the verdict. Maybe she got a sympathy vote because of Alisha's 2.

• Options

Morning all!!

Thoughts on the weekend:

I still hate Lulu, and I was really disappointed that sshe didn't fall over.

Russell is marellous, I love his enthusiasm. You can't accuse him of not "going for it"!

There's a few people who stand out (Holly, Jason, the McFly boy, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but Chelseee) and I'm guessing they're going to be really good.

There's people in the middle who could go either way (Alex, Dan, Robbie, Rory, Anita - has been downgraded because I thougth she was really bad!).

And there are people who are just bad and I don't think they're going to get any better  (Lulu, Nancy, Audley). And I would have included Adwina here too - yaaaaaay that she went!!!

My favourites are still: Russell, Holly, Jason, and I'm adding Rory and unbelievably Chelseeeeeeee because I think she came across as actually being really sweet!

• Options

I suppose people might have been voting for Anton as I know he's a favourite with some viewers.

I've also changed my mind about Chelsee, I think she was a bit OTT at the launch party but she does come across as quite sweet now we've seen more of her.

• Options

Sorry, still can't get past the trout pout and false boobs with Chelseeeee.

Poor Anton. Did you see his face when he realised he had to put up with Nancy for another week? I think he may be deliberately sabotaging the choreography to try and get voted off.

• Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭

Seems I'm not alone in warming to Chelsee - still don't really like "her" but that was a pretty good dance.  Although she's a bit chavvish, she doesn't seem completely up herself.

Unlike Jason.  Great dance - and I really want to like him, but he's getting on my nerves already.

Audley and Russell are sweet - and can dance better than a lot of the duffers in the past.  I hope Flavia doesn't camp it up every week, because I think once he loses a bit of weight and gets fitter, Russell could actually dance.  Audley is surprisingly light of foot, but probably too big to go very far in the competition.  I think he suffered from being quite high up the leaderboard, and voters thought he was safe.

Harry has good emotion, and will get a LOT better.  Dan and Rory are ok, but lack the musicality (ooh hark at me!) so will probably make it to Wembly, but not much further.

I can't decide if Nancy really thinks she's ok, or if she's being ironic and it doesn't come across because of the language thing, but she's a shocking dancer.  As long as she, Lulu and Edwina are the first three to go, I'm not bothered about the order.  Sadly, I suspect that Nancy will get the car-crash vote this year and stay in ahead of someone better.

I've added Robbie to my list of "ones to watch" - never really liked him before, but given that he'd never danced before, he's actually quite shy, and he has nice eyes................... he danced really well.

A wee bit sad to see Edwina go - but only because I have a soft spot for the gorgeous Vincent. <drool>

• Options

Morning image

Phew - back in internet world thank dog - still not sorted out the home version though image

I think Nessie I just about agree with everything you said!

But Chelseeeeeee - yep those lips and boobs - I am quite fascinated in a car crash sort of way really as they are so completely attached to the wrong body......................

And Nancy - sorry I really dislike her - in the years I spent working in northern Italy I came across too many women like her.................and don't get me wrong I also made loads of very good friends but there's a certain type of rich big city middle aged woman that she embodies that make me shudder!!

I also think Russell can dance - I watched his feet on Saturday as opposed to the frills etc and they seemed to be doing something organised and rhythmical which is more than can be said for some of the others!

Was shocked to see Audley in bottom two though image

Next go have got to be Nancy and Lulu and then I'll start sifting through the remainder image

• Options

Evening all - just caught up after a weekend in Liverpool where I "accidentally" managed to time eating out around Stricty.image

Agree with everything that's been said.  I was hoping for Nancy to go but Edwina irritated me just as much so that's okay with me.  Glad I missed ITT today cos I don't think I could have stomached her and Vincent any more. Love Vincent - but did Edwina really think he fancied her as Mrs Robinson? image

Nancy has to go soon I hope.  Along with Lulu.  Really dislike both of them.

I love Jason but he has a huge advantage, although he's never been a great dancer, (I saw him in Priscilla) he knows  how to play and dance to a live audience.

So I'm looking our for ......Robbie, Jason, Russell, Rory, and Harry.  Not warmed to any of the girls yet. Alex is good but there's something I've not warmed to yet but not sure why.  Chelsea - hmmmm not sure. She might annoy me as time goes on.

• Options

Chelseeeeee is already annoying me - she needs to drop the little girl routine

Scrabble just told me that Olio means 'dish of many ingredients'

• Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Ultra Sparkly Bridget wrote (see)

Scrabble just told me that Olio means 'dish of many ingredients'

I kind of assumed in meant "oily"....................image
  • Options

Oops. I completely forgot to watch Sunday's show.  Mind you, that's ok because it means I can watch it on iPlayer and skip the gory bits.

Or just leave it completely now I've got the results.

Is it me or is anyone else finding the initial shows for Strictly/X Factor just a bit overlong?

• Options

Artem = Sex on Legs.

(Sorry, hes on the tv, and I go weak at the knees......)

• Options

Mouse - don't watch X Factor, so can't comment on that but yes, Strictly was a bit long on Saturday. Still, with one down, it will be shorter now!

Am I the only girl on here who doesn't fancy Artem?

• Options
    No, I'm with you Floosie - don't get what the fuss is about?
  • Options
    BookyBooky ✭✭✭

I'm with Floosie too. He has a nice smile, but - and I know this is a terrible stereotype and no one will agree (least of all my Mum, she loves Artem) - he looks like a Cockney gangster. I can imagine him mugging Dot on Eastenders.

• Options

Even my 7 year old daughter commented that Artem is cute - totally unprompted image.

I have also decided that I have a completely random crush on Rory Bremner. I fear I may not have as much company with that one lol!

• Options

I don't fancy Artem either image

Rory Bremner really, really reminds me of someone I know and it's bugging me every time I see him image. He doesn't do it for me, Len 2, but I don't think you're odd, LOL image

• Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭

X-Factor results show would have lasted about 23 minutes without the adverts.......................

For me. Artem is quite cute, but not sexy.  I must be getting old.