Options

Time to resurrect a Strictly thread!

Comments

• Options
    Oh I forgot Chelseeeeeee - I just can't take her seriously!

Absolutely rooting for Nancy to go first, solely to keep Lulu in another week mwaaahahahaha!

• Options

At first I thought all that stuff with the boa was intentional! Using comedy to distract us from the sight of Nancy dancing. To be fair, she already seemed nervous and the boa malfunction probably shot her concentration to pieces.

Holly also seems to be very nervous, I think she'll improve considerably in the next couple of weeks.

Audley did better than I was expecting, I hope he stays in for a long time because I really like Natalie. On that note, also pleased that Kristina has got a good partner - Jason's dance was definitely the highlight of the shows.

I thought Robbie was better than the judges gave him credit for - I didn't like the gimmick with the hoodie though. Russell's dance was very entertaining, but I predict he'll be another comedy contestant who stays in past his prime. I'd be happy if he was around for a few weeks while the wheat is seperated from the chaff, but wouldn't want to see him remain while decent dancers are eliminated.

Couldn't believe the Craig's 7 for Chelsee! 

• Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭

Yep, hope Lulu stays a few weeks for comedy/bitchiness value.

Nancy wasn't too bad on the 7 steps or so she actually danced - will be interesting to see how the next one goes.

Rory was quite good, but I thought he had his Tony Blair face on, which was very distracting.

Some pretty promising performances - far too early to call who will even be in the top 5.  Some smugness too.............

My favourites are Jason (as a realistic chance), Russell (enthusiasm and undisguised campness) and Audley (how someone that size can be so light-footed, and off 3 days training, not a bad dancer at all).

Pitchforks out for Lulu and Chelseeeeeee. image

• Options

Oh my goodness, Lulu. Words fail me (a rare occurance).

Poor, poor Anton.

Harry could be the dark horse of the competition.

Russell is camper than the programme itself. Love it.

Chelseeeeeeeeeeee is going to annoy the living hell out of me.

Rory was lovely but it wil all depend on the latin.

GO JASON AND ANITA!! 

• Options

Aaaaaaaaarrgh - my internet at home is on strike so I can't watch what I missed on Saturday and it's driving me nuts and I reckon I'd be pushing my luck watching it at work!!!

Hiya Floosie - did you hear I've got a 3rd officially now?

• Options

Did anyone watch ITT yesterday? I taped it but haven't had time to watch it yet. Is Zoe any good?

• Options

Podds - no I didn't! Tell me more!!!

TopSec - Krstina was with Goldie last year.

Little Nemo - I haven't seen ITT yet, hope to catch it tonight!

• Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    Thanks Floosie image

I watched ITT this afternoon and it was OK. Zoe is no Claudia but she knows what she's talking about and she's a natural in front of the camera. Just miss Claudia ditziness image

Zoe told Lulu that lots of people on the internet (BBC site?) were rooting for her - not on this site and DS they aint!!

• Options

I've seen the first ITT and I thought Zoe did a good job. She's never going to be able to match Claudia's mad flights of fancy but she had a nice level of real enthusiasm. Good shoes too! And I loved the bit at the beginning where she danced with all the male pros.

I didn't mind Lulu and Brendan too much either - but I'd like to see the forum where she's getting loads of support, if it exists that is! image

• Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    Sad news confirmed folks image

From DS site ....

Well, sincere apologies but Jude's right; I won't be able to do this anymore.

But before I retire to the oasis of serenity that is the JfW household, I can tell you that Hammy has declared Holly to be the one true love of his life and he's backing up that sentiment with a mallet, the cat was so appalled by Lulu's performance that it left the room in disgust (well, I think it was disgust - in my experience they lack the expressive ingenuity of hamsters) and I've decided I need glasses; not that there's anything wrong with my eyesight - I just want to fill them with gin to drown out the memory of Nancy's waltz.

Many thanks for the support over the last three years.

JfW, Mrs JfW, Cat and Hammy
  • Options

Oh bad news indeed TS.  But a great little farewell message.

• Options

Oh no - what a disaster - JfW was the  absolute highlight of the whole 3 months image

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6206/6079841945_b5aa733aab_m.jpg

The boys Floosie image Newbie at the top of the picture - another unwanted black boy with a deformed face - they are the male version of Cinderella and the Ugly Sisters but all gorgeous to me image

• Options
    Your dogs are lovely Podds. imageimage
  • Options

Nooooo! image

Good luck to JfW, Mrs JfW, Hammy and the cat, thanks for all the laughs over the years image

Lovely greyhounds, Podds image

• Options
    oh noooo, no Hammy? Sob...

And oh how I love greyhounds! I have hound envy!! My next dog will be a greyhound. After the cat has died. My collie cross would love a long legged pal!!
  • Options

Aww thanks for the hound appreciation - anyone who likes my hounds is always welcome at my front door image 

Some greyhounds are cat friendly you know Len 2........

The bottom one in the picture could easily live with a cat although I have to say the other 2 wouldn't!!

• Options
    Podds, I live very close to a lady who works at our local retired greyhound place, I've had a few chats with her, she has hounds and cats. The trouble is, my cat isn't very dog-friendly lol! She puts up with our collie who has NO interest in her at all, but when any other dogs visit (my mum and sister both bring theirs), she does a runner and doesn't come back til they have gone (which has been days..). Sigh. Stupid cat. I don't even like cats!! She lives with me by accident lol. One day....

Right - in Strictly news, I have decided that I quite like Zoe Ball. She's not Claudia, but she's shaken up ITT a bit, which is good. Another one of Len's masterclasses and I may have got a bit bored. And she has got Ian Waite to come on weekly - which can't be bad image.

From last nights interview, I don't think Nancy likes Anton very much, she doesn't seem to appreciate his humour lol. I wonder if she thought she was going to get one of the hunky professionals, and got Anton..? Ha ha!

And I think I'm in love with Artem. Sshhhhh image

• Options
    Len 2 - where have you been!?! I've been in love with Artem since he first appeared last year image
  • Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    Apropos Len's post, I was going to come on last night and say how much I am enjoying ITT. Although I loved Claudia I really think that Zoe is doing an excellent job and we seem to be getting a lot more content this series.

I believe Claudia is doing the Sun night results show so we should be able to get some of her witticisms then image

Still in two minds about Nancy, I like her and would love her to stay in but am not sure whether she comes across well in interviews?? She seems to have a problem putting together a coherent sentence although both Anton and Zoe did interrupt a lot.

Karen's comment on CC on Tues night re Lulu and how dancing is a great leveller was brilliant! More or less saying, you're no big star here, just get on with it!
  • Options

Must start watching ITT then if Zoe is getting the thumbs up although I was never very keen on her when she was a contestant I have to say

Problem is that 6pm is usually post work dog walking time so I guess they'll just have to walk a bit faster so I'm in time to settle down and watch image - will miss it tonight as am out but will try to catch up tomorrow maybe.........

• Options

It's on at 6:30, Podds image

I tape it and watch it when I get home from work. It's nice to relax with a cup of coffee and some chocolate before I have to do boring things like washing up, dinner etc.

• Options

Oh excellent - 6.30 is much more practical image

Now if only they could make the saturday show post swim training time my happiness would know no bounds image

(or is that just a little bit sad? image)

• Options
    TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    iplayer is a Godsend Podds image

... and no, it is not sad image
  • Options

Podds - your hounds are gorgeous and have made me want another one even more. We have to wait until things sort themselves out with mine and Raffles' jobs though. I am working on a Spring adoption for chez Floose.

Re: Zoe and ITT - I have only seen it once this week but I thought she was good. She's really keen and enthusiastic and comes across as a real fan.

• Options

Morning All

Hooray for a spring adoption Chez Floosie imageimage

Last night's night out got postponed so watched ITT and I think I can live with Zoe although she's still not my fave!

Also spent nearly 2 hours trying to get my internet working at home but with no luck so no iplayer for me at the moment sadly.......  Need to phone internet peeps today if possible and see what I can sort out......... I soooooooooo do not understand techie stuff image

• Options

Caught up with Wednesday's ITT last night. So lovely to see Ian Waite back again. Slightly scared by Holly's shoes, can you really walk in 8" stilettos? Should I be worried that I knew who was dancing in the gorilla suit? image

Just realised that Saturday's show is going to be 2 hours long! I'll definitely be watching that with the aid of my hard-drive recorder and I'll need to start shopping NOW to get in enough supplies.

• Options

2 hours image

Thank goodness for the hard drive recorder and the pause button.

• Options

Just realised that I have to get up early to see the rugby and go and visit a friend to deliver birthday presents. It's going to be a long day and I may have to resort to a take-away!

• Options
    SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭

Same here LN - well, about the rugby and SCD, at least!

I'm enjoying Zoe, she's not Claudia but she's doing an OK job - and I second the appreciaton of Ian's reappearance. All she has to do now  is get Matthew back ... imageimage

• Options

30 mins to go!

Been up since 7 watching rugby so I'm really tired now. Put off visiting my friend until tomorrow and I have a ready meal on standby for later. I'll be having a strong coffee and some chocolate to try and perk myself up...