Options

Chester marathon 2012

Comments

• Options
    Day 2 of 'operation beat the cold' and things looking ok-ish. I will be running regardless but would like to feel healthy. Only 1 run left on my beginners training plan and that is 2 miles tomorrow so I'm going to miss that in the aim of conserving health ... I'll just walk, maybe jog, the school run instead. Starting to regret the family room option at the hotel Saturday night ... Think I should have booked a triple room for husband and the kids, and then a single for me ... kids will be under strict instructions to sleep well!!
  • Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

good work acp...

• Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

Claire - try and get decent night's sleep rest of this week - then any lack of sleep on saturday night will be less of a problem.

• Options

15W - when my sister saw the weather forecast for Manchester she asked if I was still going to 'give it a go'!! I couldn't believe she'd think I wouldn't run just because of the weather!image

• Options
    How rude of me not to say thank you to Acp ... Great work and a lit if trawling to get that list ... All accurate for me ... I'm in the sub-4:45 (other) groupimage
  • Options

I've added myself, hope you don't mind.

sub 2.48 
    jason d

sub 3:10 
    15 West - 1470, GazOC - 1345

sub 3:20 
    Gazelle

sub 3:30

Compo 1, WFMATE, Dr.Dan
    sub 3.45

Xe (Union flag vest)
    sub 3:50
    Scott Dutton 2 - 360

sub 3:51
    Bruce C - 1548

sub 4.00
    Sir John alot - 813

sub 4:15
    Up The Boro - 1400, GraemeK, Adrian Scott 2

WrexhamRob 4:15 to 4:17 + depends on day !!!

sub 4:30 
    acp - 2883

Others

Claire Coney - 2652, HeOw - 2723, Ruth Thomas10 - 2590, luverlylegs - 3031, Daeve - 183, Jez Maytum - 658, Antony Collins 8 - 271, NIX DOWN - 1895, mattl - 606

Dr Dan - I missed 10 days of running and went for my first run on Monday (8 miles steady), and I'm glad I did, because my legs almost went into shock! They've been sore ever since, so a nice 4 miler tonight should be just enough to keep my legs in touch for Sunday.

• Options
    15West15West ✭✭✭

acp - I think a lot of people didn't bother to turn up to Manchester - I think a few thousand didn't...

• Options

thanks for this acp, although due to my sloth and distinct lack of anyall speedwork in the preceding 18 weeks, I have relegated myself to the 4 hour mark image

sub 2.48
    jason d

sub 3:10
    15 West - 1470,
    GazOC - 1345

sub 3:20
    Gazelle 

sub 3:30
    Compo 1,
    WFMATE,
    Dr.Dan

sub 3.45
    Xe (Union flag vest)

sub 3:50
    Scott Dutton 2 - 360

sub 4.00
    Sir John alot - 813
    Bruce C - 1548

sub 4:15
    Up The Boro - 1400
    GraemeK,
    Adrian Scott 2

WrexhamRob 4:15 to 4:17 + depends on day !!!

sub 4:30
    acp - 2883

Others
    Claire Coney - 2652,
    HeOw - 2723,
    Ruth Thomas10 - 2590,
    luverlylegs - 3031,
    Daeve - 183,
    Jez Maytum - 658,
    Antony Collins 8 - 271,
    NIX DOWN - 1895,
    mattl - 606

• Options
    Hi,

I'm running and can't wait for Sunday. Hoping for a sub 3:30 run. Did a sub 90 at Warrington half 4 weeks ago so hoping that will stand me in good stead.

My second aim is to get bladdered and end up in the Chester Tandori. Can't beat there jalfrezi.

Cheers

Luke
  • Options

Good luck Luke, I will also be aiming to be bladdered in an Indian restaurant after the race.

• Options
    Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭
    xe wrote (see)
    Dr Dan - I missed 10 days of running and went for my first run on Monday (8 miles steady), and I'm glad I did, because my legs almost went into shock! They've been sore ever since, so a nice 4 miler tonight should be just enough to keep my legs in touch for Sunday.

Yep, although I don't think you lose to much fitness over 7-10 days, you still need a run ot two to wake the legs up again.

• Options
    Good luck xe on that aim. Haha. Oh Ye and for the race!
  • Options

My aim is to get bladdered then get myself into Wrexham for right knees up.. !

• Options

I'll settle for still being able to control my bladder, and simply being able to lift my knees up.

• Options
    Bruce I think our aims are more achievable.
  • Options
    Luke if you can run a 90 minute Half then maybe you should be looking at faster than a 3:30 marathon?
  • Options
    Just popping in from the Liverpool marathon thread to wish you guys good luck for the weekend.

Hope you all manage to nail your targets whatever they may be.
  • Options

off home shortly, then a steady 3/3.5 miles .

• Options

Cheers Gramck. All the best for your run, I guess taper madness is in full flow in the Liverpool thread?image

• Options
    Indeed it is Gaz... with the added distraction of a knee niggle.
  • Options
    Edit: double post,

Good luck with the knee, my left hamstring doesn't feel right but I'm not sure I'd even notice it if it wasn't the big day on Sunday
  • Options
    Its the aim but did 4:20 last year at Liverpool (hardly any training and loads of boozing) so gonna go out at 8 min miles and see how I am at 21 miles. My dream would be 3:20 but don't want to blow out and miss 3:30. There's always another marathon!
  • Options
    5.5 tonight in 47 min.inc hills. Keep thinking I can go under 9 min miles but bit nervous about doing so in case blow. May it be a good idea just to start comfortably whatever pace that may be even if under 9 ?
  • Options

You're certainly playing it safe Luke!image

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

Evening all- not long now and I confess to looking for the first time tonight at the Met Office forecast--- and I LIKED what I sawimage

8.11m for me on the track tonight- track was to keep it flat and easy on the joints (I'm tapering, you knowimage). 3m easy 7.00-7.30 pace, 2.5m @ 6.12 and finished with 2.61m easy again. Funny old game this running lark-for  the "easy miles" my felt like lead and for the MP miles they felt easy and lightimage. It was tempting to keep going at 6.12! Must be a good sign, I reckon....image That's pretty much it for me before the race- just got a 6, 5 and 4m recovery runs left over the next 3 daysimage

• Options

I've done 6 miles easy today and yesterday, maybe do another 5 tomorrow and then thats that, feet up while throwing carbs down my throat!

• Options
    3.5 miles, at 8 min 30 pace. Think I will have some carbs now. Bagel time.
  • Options

People, I am nae a runner anymore.  I am a TOWIE runner.  I just have no fooking go in me legs.  Please tell me it is cos I av tapered properly like...?  6 miles, 4 easy - 2 at MRP (whatever the bastard race pace is).  Felt shit, felt slow, felt sluggish, felt like a tw@t running along basically.  I have no oomph.  Massage tomorrow, I am praying she releases the beast. 

• Options
    Luke Ellis 2 wrote (see)
    Its the aim but did 4:20 last year at Liverpool (hardly any training and loads of boozing) so gonna go out at 8 min miles and see how I am at 21 miles. My dream would be 3:20 but don't want to blow out and miss 3:30. There's always another marathon!

Shit, this there boy is the BEST plan I have ever read.  Yee Ha! 

• Options
    acp wrote (see)

HeOw - after following your training posts on here I'd say you'd have no trouble sticking to 8:40m/m pace. The last 6 miles are always going to be tough but like other people have said the crowd and the adrenaline should help you through that bit. Your racing times over all distances are what I'm aiming for over the next 12 months - you are the runner I want to be!image

BP - which marathon did you decide on? I think I remember you saying you couldn't do Chester becuase of other commitments.

I'm still coughing which meant I missed out on some sleep last night but dragged myself out for 3M this morning. No more running for me now until Sunday. Yikes! I even started packing last night! image

ACP, thank you - you shall get there, work hard and the pace will follow.  I am personally seeking JasonD's race times within the next 12 months...