Options

pilgrim challenge 2012

124»

Comments

• Options

Chips????? Van?????  The tragedy of being a slowbeeimage.

But as you say fantastic event and as are all XNRG's.  Also I love the way Neil trusts the participants to make their own decision re pulling out rather than going for the 'safe' option.  Not just in terms of cancelling, but at an individual level.  There were still a couple of entrants who'd only reached CP4 when I finished at 8.40ish.  Most other events would have made them retire as soon as they had failed to make a CP cut off time, but his team were willing to wait in the cold until they'd gone through.

• Options
    Agreed! That burger van was a genious move! A cherry on an already fantastic cake.
  • Options

BBH - sorry you missed them - definitely one of the highlights of the race for me - amazing chips! Really good of the team not to force withdrawls - and that reminds me that the Marshall's need a massive shout out, I did not envy this weekend, I'd have MUCH rather be running!

Sam - was it just me being starving, but weren't those chips amazing? ha

• Options
    Glad you all enjoyed the pilgrims and the burger and chips. Could have sent some back to CP4 where we were marshalling!

Check out the Croydon Ultra 30 I am organising. It is the second year of the event. Www.personaltrainercroydon.co.uk. July 8th.

Cheers and Sam thanks for letting me try out the Solomon slab. I am now interested in shelling out a few quid, cheers!
  • Options

What a great weekend image

XNRG know how to put on a great event.

Anyhoo, here is my blog.

http://runningandstuff.squarespace.com/blog/2012/2/7/pilgrims-challenge-2012.html

See you at the Pony Express...

• Options
    Nice write up James and thanks for the talk as well very inspirational.
    I know wher you mean about the wrong turn - luckily me and some others were debating left or right when you all started coming back. Like you I was of the idea it had to be uphill!
  • Options
    Hey James,
    Good to read your blog. I recced the route and noted that that junction was going to be an issue as a signpost had been obliterated. I put out signage on that junction early Saturday morning but it looks like someone took it down . God knows why!. Put it back out much later that day when I heard that people had gone wrong. Hopefully it was there Sunday?
    Great talk and very inspiring.........
  • Options
    Mr KMr K ✭✭✭

Ian - I thought I recognised the name. I was on CP4 with you on Sunday. Shame I will not be able to do your Ultra as away camping & running in the New Forest that weekend.

James - another good blog.

• Options
    Mr K - sorry for delay in responding. Yes it is me. Keep in touch anyway.