Options

Gosport Half-Marathon

1235»

Comments

• Options

I will be doing the santa run at southsea this december then I may apply to portsmouth costal half next feb, feel I need to redeem myself with my time!

At least your friend did not drop out, cant even imagine what its like to run that fast! I have 2 signed pictures from Mo Farah and 2 from Jenny Meadows, I think Mo is great!

• Options
    It could certainly have gone better for me but in the end I made it round.

Sixth HM this year and for some reason one of the slowest. Think I got caught up at the start went too quickly so that at about 10 miles I ran out of steam.

Fortunately there was a really nice guy who ran with me for a while and kept me going until the end was in sight. Stupidly I didn't get his name but if it was any of you out there reading this then all I can say is a thanks :-]

• Options

Coo - good day out.....sun shone and it was too warm for long sleeved top so I stopped just after Cherque Farm to peel it  - and I will happily blame that stop for scraping round in 2:00:30 something( My watch said !:57 when I crossed the line but hey ho !)

My first Gosport Half - despite working down here for the past five years.....and given that it is almost exclusively around the former HMS Daedalus airfield, maybe they should re-name it the Lee On Solent Half !

I felt sorry for the people trying to struggle in on the A32 - as I passed the new Tesco in Fareham at about 0845 it was already tailing back ....the people who own  the Seahorse pub are missing a trick - they could have made money charging people a fiver a go to park in the pub car park instead of blocking it off !

The run itself was fine, and I have no comparisons with previous course -  although truth to tell, I find laps more challenging than an 'out & back' route.

And it was just great to have the samba band crashing away - who were they  ?

I  LOVE to run with samba going on - it always makes me smile on the Great South Run. 

Having done a reasonable (for me ) time on the GSR  (1:32) I was rather hoping for a PB at Gosport which I knew would be flat as a flat thing...no excuses, just old and slow....more training , less cake !

( and on that point, the goody bag was indeed significantly better than both the GSR  and Paris Marathon - only shaded in my experience by the one they give out for Bolt The Holt in Farnham image )

Well organised and marshalled race - thanks to all.

Roger

• Options
    Wetter, it's not that I can't be tempted my legs just won't go that fast!!!  Obviously I'll keep trying to get better image
  • Options
    WiBWiB ✭✭✭
  • Options

zoe that picture is beautiful image

i have to say im very very proud of myself........ last year i done it in 2 hours 27 mins and this year i pushed my self beyond what i could and i done it in 2 hours 8 mins 44 seconds !!!!!!!!    i even stopped in someones house for a wee !!

i was in SO much pain at the end though!

hoping pictures will be on line soon

• Options

Pics are at Martin Lewis.biz, just search through my events or something like that.

I fogot to mention, we got engaged after finishing down on Stokes Bay beach!!! image

• Options

imageJacqueline you must be so proud of yourself! well done such an achievement and improvement on last year, Are you going to do portsmouth half in feb?

Chownsie, congratulations have you set a date yet?image

• Options
    No date yet but we'd like to get married in Lake Como! Just family issues to sort getting people there!!
  • Options
    Got my legs back today and had my third run this week, Gosport took it out of me and Im back on track, has everyone recovered ok
  • Options

I went for a 4 mile run on wednesday and was fine

I worked out why I got a blister at 9 miles, I was wearing some more mile socks and they have a seam on top which caused a blister on my toe, not wearing those again!

Spoke to physio at work and got to do sqauts and lunges to improve my knee pain, apart from that all is good,

How are you feeling about your marathon?

I also read somewhere it takes your body one week to reover from a half marathon

• Options
    14.5 miles for me yesterday, steady pace. Feeling OK today.
  • Options
    A great half marathon and I beat my PB by nearly 12 minutes image Fast course and really loved the race! If you are looking for a fast and flat course you should definitely do this race, I would really recommend it image
  • Options
    Great half, knocked 3 1/2 minutes off my PB and did it as my 3rd half in 1:30:11. Will definitely be back this year!